James Milner - Why Buy Him?

Missed Milner against Madrid. He battles & does'nt give in. He would have also fitted in well today. Silva does not look fit, bring him off the subs bench. But lets get a settled side. Sod players crying they should be playing. They step in when a player is injured or playing shite. But give Milner a start it gives YaYa more freedom.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
supercrystal7 said:
Don't like him centrally already stated my preference for where he plays! Chelsea have Ramires but he does n't stop running or fighting JM is similar and taking SI situation into account cost a simlar amount despite more exposure, also Silva was very anonymous in his first few months with us whilst JM got MOTM against Liverpool on his Debut (playing as a floating wideplayer) and an assist should have been 2 but for Carlos Tevez stealing a goal from MR and Prior to that scored against West Ham when AV villa fans would have been queueing up to get on his back

Ramires is not that similar to Milner. Milner like most English players is fantastic at striking a ball. It is probably, because we grow up playing on such big pitches. Great long range pass, great shot, great cross. Ramires is not. Ramires despite not being great still has a much better touch and short passing game than Milner. Ramires has a better understanding for the position. Ramires is a much better dribbler and has a fantastic turn of speed. Not to mention Ramires is the truly a big game player. When Terry is hoping a chance falls to you, Lampard or Drogba then you know you have the right mentality for a big game. Still even with all that going for him, Ramires is in a bit of trouble, because he does not fit into the new Chelsea team. Even at City, he would not fit in that well. So is going to have to work very hard to adjust.

Playing Milner on the right hand side of midfield is a different thing altogether. There he can do a job. One of the benefits of the 3-5-2 is that in theory he will get the best out of Milner. Even with that said Milner should not be around the 4th choice wideman/wide playermaker behind Silva, Nasri and somebody else. If he is prepared to take that then he would be a great squad player and would be kept. I just don't see Milner being happy to be 4th choice for two positions.

They are not clones no but they are similar in that they are both better out wide, Ramires has aspects of his game that are better, but he does n't cross the ball as well or take set pieces, Milner has a harder shot and is just a good team player and more versatile when it comes to covering positions; he can do a job anywhere but upfront CB or in goal.

You don't like Milner, I am sure he does n't care you make soom good points but you are a touch deluded, and I don't like you so either say something constructive or why don't you just get lost. I am fan of MCFC which means looking for good parts in a player rather than picking holes in them, They are all good lads, for the moment all worthy of the shirt (In the end the Manager decides that one) so I get behind them, if you just want to belittle our current players and sign the next flavour of the month or wonderkid then maybe you should go else where.
I am firmly believe in supporting players and I believe you do that, by cheering them on at matches, not booing and staying till the end. I however, do believe in being realistic about your players. When you start overrating them that is when it leads to trouble. Results will not go the way you expect and then since you think your players are better than they are there are two reasons.

1. The Manager is an idiot and picks the wrong players ie people saying Milner should play centrail midfield.
2. The players just don't give a crap and are not trying. What lots of people say every time England lose to a better team.

Milner seems a great lad and he is one of the footballers I respect, but giving an honest assessment of his ability. If you want to compete with the giants of football then you have to match them in quality. The truth is I am not saying anything Mancini has not said himself or demonstrated with his selections. I have made my arguments and no point going further.

supercrystal7 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Ramires is not that similar to Milner. Milner like most English players is fantastic at striking a ball. It is probably, because we grow up playing on such big pitches. Great long range pass, great shot, great cross. Ramires is not. Ramires despite not being great still has a much better touch and short passing game than Milner. Ramires has a better understanding for the position. Ramires is a much better dribbler and has a fantastic turn of speed. Not to mention Ramires is the truly a big game player. When Terry is hoping a chance falls to you, Lampard or Drogba then you know you have the right mentality for a big game. Still even with all that going for him, Ramires is in a bit of trouble, because he does not fit into the new Chelsea team. Even at City, he would not fit in that well. So is going to have to work very hard to adjust.

Playing Milner on the right hand side of midfield is a different thing altogether. There he can do a job. One of the benefits of the 3-5-2 is that in theory he will get the best out of Milner. Even with that said Milner should not be around the 4th choice wideman/wide playermaker behind Silva, Nasri and somebody else. If he is prepared to take that then he would be a great squad player and would be kept. I just don't see Milner being happy to be 4th choice for two positions.

They are not clones no but they are similar in that they are both better out wide, Ramires has aspects of his game that are better, but he does n't cross the ball as well or take set pieces, Milner has a harder shot and is just a good team player and more versatile when it comes to covering positions; he can do a job anywhere but upfront CB or in goal.

You don't like Milner, I am sure he does n't care you make soom good points but you are a touch deluded, and I don't like you so either say something constructive or why don't you just get lost. I am fan of MCFC which means looking for good parts in a player rather than picking holes in them, They are all good lads, for the moment all worthy of the shirt (In the end the Manager decides that one) so I get behind them, if you just want to belittle our current players and sign the next flavour of the month or wonderkid then maybe you should go else where.
I am firmly believe in supporting players and I believe you do that, by cheering them on at matches, not booing and staying till the end. I however, do believe in being realistic about your players. When you start overrating them that is when it leads to trouble. Results will not go the way you expect and then since you think your players are better than they are there are two reasons.

1. The Manager is an idiot and picks the wrong players ie people saying Milner should play centrail midfield.
2. The players just don't give a crap and are not trying. What lots of people say every time England lose to a better team.

Milner seems a great lad and he is one of the footballers I respect, but giving an honest assessment of his ability. If you want to compete with the giants of football then you have to match them in quality. The truth is I am not saying anything Mancini has not said himself or demonstrated with his selections. I have made my arguments and no point going further.

I don't think I do overrate him, he is an honest hard working jack of all trades, but has a good cross and in the past was very effective at taking FK and pens( his responsibility for them since his arrival at the club has been limited so I am not surprised if he has put less practice in to them) he is good player to have around he is much better than Park in anyrole but SAF was convinced he could stop Barca, I don't believe either can but JM is an Honest Player who has had degrees of success throughout his career since breaking through as a teenager, his work effort and mental approach sees him get international caps and appearences in big games whilst more gifted players like Saviola and Yoann Gourcuff tipped for greatness failed to achieve their promise. There is no drawback in having him in our squad as there is n't an english midfielder worth buying who could fill his role you can rely on him, Barry is similar, not in role but mentality he just gets on with it; he went from a left-sided CB to anchoring the midfield for a title winning team we need born winners in our team;just as we need born footballers, they may not be the latter but they are certainly the former.

Waste of money, said it from his first few appearances here. A Villa writer said it best: square peg, round hole.

When you look at the amount of money we've spent on the CM/DM position and our performances against Real and Arsenal, it makes me sick. OK it's Real in Madrid, that I can understand. Unable to hold possession at home against Arsenal, which guts its team every other year, is shocking. Other than Yaya, we get passed around and run around like we had spent 1/5 of that amount.

Toe Injury:
<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1589462_toe-no-manchester-city-sweat-on-james-milner-scan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ilner-scan</a>?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.