James Milner

BillyShears said:
Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
He should have got a start instead of Mario yesterday,he would have offered much more steel and industry,giving them cnuts some of their own.....
And this would have helped us prevail how? Or is prevailing in the kicking department the only interest.

Well, we could've played 4231 with Nasri left, Milner right, Silva off Dzeko. It would've provided more natural width, and Milner's aggression would've helped win the ball back earlier than we were doing yesterday.

There ya go Dax,although i'd have thought a man of your intellect and tactical awareness might have figured that for himself.......

FantasyIreland said:
BillyShears said:
Dax777 said:
And this would have helped us prevail how? Or is prevailing in the kicking department the only interest.

Well, we could've played 4231 with Nasri left, Milner right, Silva off Dzeko. It would've provided more natural width, and Milner's aggression would've helped win the ball back earlier than we were doing yesterday.

There ya go Dax,although i'd have thought a man of your intellect and tactical awareness might have figured that for himself.......
My apologies. I was just responding to your "give them some of theirs" comment. Perhaps I just don't rate Milner and thus I am biased. All I remember is him being gawd awful on the wings last year and we whined and whined about it. He had a few (2) great games this year, a few stinkers and a bunch of average ones. Albeit, folks here almost always seem to end up giving him a high rating anytime he puts in one or 2 tackles, and tracks back hard. Great qualities to have, don't get me wrong, but that has never been grounds for having a great game for me. I want guys who can open up the other team. Not just run all day.

Milner reminds me of the backup Quarterback in American football, everyone wants him to start when the team isn't doing so great. But people forget there is a reason why he was the backup QB to start with!

Dax777 said:
My apologies. I was just responding to your "give them some of theirs" comment. Perhaps I just don't rate Milner and thus I am biased. All I remember is him being gawd awful on the wings last year and we whined and whined about it. He had a few (2) great games this year, a few stinkers and a bunch of average ones. Albeit, folks here almost always seem to end up giving him a high rating anytime he puts in one or 2 tackles, and tracks back hard. Great qualities to have, don't get me wrong, but that has never been grounds for having a great game for me. I want guys who can open up the other team. Not just run all day.

Milner reminds me of the backup Quarterback in American football, everyone wants him to start when the team isn't doing so great. But people forget there is a reason why he was the backup QB to start with!

Hmmm, I think you vastly underrate Milner. He may not have the technical class of players like Nasri, but he isn't the hard working carthorse you're portraying him as either.

Bit of Yorkshire grit is exactly what we're missing. Johnson I can understand but nothing short of disgusting that Jimmy has been totally overlooked these last couple of games.

I know his last couple of appearances weren't the best but I find it bizarre how he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. Definitely would have had him in vs Stoke.

MCFC BOB said:
I'd like to see Yaya, Milner, Barry and Nasri start against Sunderland so that Silva, you know, can actually, really GET SOME BLOODY REST!
Dead right!

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
BillyShears said:

Like it or not Dax, that is partly what English football is about. Granted, is one of the reasons we don't do well internationally, but in English football the grit and determination of Milner, versus some other players goes a long long way. Furthermore, his effort can spark his team mates into life too. This isn't Italy or Spain where you only play people who can open up the other team.

The Milner's are integral to success in England. Also, I agree that you are vastly underrating Milner- he can open up opposition, and did it a lot at Villa. He did against Villareal from memory for Zaba's cross which led to Aguero's goal. I think you need to get off Football Manager, get off stats, and see what works in the English game, and now and again a player of Milner's ilk is vital- and yesterday would have been a prime time.

It baffled me also. A game against Stoke at the Brittania is made for Milner.

Also for Kolorov who is a bit of a hard man on the sly and also AJ considering that one of Stoke's big weakness's is a clumsy and agressive back four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.