James Milner

If Mancini stays then I can see no other end result than Milner being sold.

Clearly Mancini doesnt rate him if De Jong and more recently Pizzarro get a game before him and I can't see Milner being happy being on the bench forever.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him at Liverpool next season.

Would be a mistake to sell him because De Jong is probably going due to his contract, Hargreaves will be released, Pizarro will probably be gone, Barry is getting older (and his lack of pace is causing regular clumsiness so imagine when he loses even more mobility), so in a couple of years we might only have Yaya and Milner of our current bunch who we can rely on, in addition to any new signings and possibly Razak. Milner is still young and could still improve even more.

LoveCity said:
Would be a mistake to sell him because De Jong is probably going due to his contract, Hargreaves will be released, Pizarro will probably be gone, Barry is getting older (and his lack of pace is causing regular clumsiness so imagine when he loses even more mobility), so in a couple of years we might only have Yaya and Milner of our current bunch who we can rely on, in addition to any new signings and possibly Razak. Milner is still young and could still improve even more.

I agree but it is obvious Mancini doesnt rate him. He didnt even start in the Europa games

One of my favourite City players.
This guy is class!
He won't be sold. No way!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
LoveCity said:

I agree but it is obvious Mancini doesnt rate him. He didnt even start in the Europa games

Not disagreeing with ya, but sometimes it's hard to tell who Mancini rates in midfield. (I'm a Mancini fan before anyone hits that quote button)

BillyShears said:
Dax777 said:
My apologies. I was just responding to your "give them some of theirs" comment. Perhaps I just don't rate Milner and thus I am biased. All I remember is him being gawd awful on the wings last year and we whined and whined about it. He had a few (2) great games this year, a few stinkers and a bunch of average ones. Albeit, folks here almost always seem to end up giving him a high rating anytime he puts in one or 2 tackles, and tracks back hard. Great qualities to have, don't get me wrong, but that has never been grounds for having a great game for me. I want guys who can open up the other team. Not just run all day.

Milner reminds me of the backup Quarterback in American football, everyone wants him to start when the team isn't doing so great. But people forget there is a reason why he was the backup QB to start with!

Hmmm, I think you vastly underrate Milner. He may not have the technical class of players like Nasri, but he isn't the hard working carthorse you're portraying him as either.
I son't expect him to be Nasri or Silva technically. But he is not even in Barry's class.

dancity19 said:
Like it or not Dax, that is partly what English football is about. Granted, is one of the reasons we don't do well internationally, but in English football the grit and determination of Milner, versus some other players goes a long long way. Furthermore, his effort can spark his team mates into life too. This isn't Italy or Spain where you only play people who can open up the other team
It is not the grit and determination I have issues with. It is the lack of vision and stale movement. There is nothing wrong with grit and determination. Kompany has grit and detemination, so does Clichy, so does Zaba, so doez Tevez, and Micah, you don't here me complaining about them. It is what else they constantly bring that counts. Milner just seems like a round peg in a square hole when he plays. It matters not if it is City or England, so this isn't a City thing. He just doesn't seem to get it right too often.

The Milner's are integral to success in England. Also, I agree that you are vastly underrating Milner- he can open up opposition, and did it a lot at Villa. He did against Villareal from memory for Zaba's cross which led to Aguero's goal. I think you need to get off Football Manager, get off stats, and see what works in the English game, and now and again a player of Milner's ilk is vital- and yesterday would have been a prime time.
Meh! I don't buy it. Opening up defenses is not simply a function of the one pass you can mention here or there. It is about a consistent ability to make the right pass, the right decision, and play at the right pace most of the time. This is what MIlner lacks.

And as for FM, don't make me laugh. The last time I played video games, Atari was the game sole of choice, and news of the coming of Nintendo filled the air. I sincerely doubt there was FM then, and if there was, I wasn't playing it.

He is one of the 11 that played in the 6-1, which I think is our best team. I'm quite shocked he hasnt played for this long, something must have happened behined the scenes. I'm a Silva lover, but we all can see he needs a rest! Milner has one of the best engines in this league, it baffles me how he isnt starting games, such as Stoke away.

lewisMCFC said:
He is one of the 11 that played in the 6-1, which I think is our best team. I'm quite shocked he hasnt played for this long, something must have happened behined the scenes. I'm a Silva lover, but we all can see he needs a rest! Milner has one of the best engines in this league, it baffles me how he isnt starting games, such as Stoke away.

I think Milners problem is with him there is no end product

he doesn't score dosen't seem to create much doesn't seem to beat many players

bit like the dog eater at the swamp runs around a lot and little else

I know at the swamp in the derby that was enough but running around at Stoke is not enough
imho

Freestyler said:
Slipping it Roberto's wife possibly?

This game had his name written all over it.

Completely baffled by his absence, absolutely baffled.

This

Silva or Nasri should have been sacrificed for Milner - in truth it should have been Silva whom has been pretty woeful recently

Would not be suprised to see hom gone in the summer - cant blame him really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.