January defenders

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Paul1970, 30 Sep 2019.

1. karen7

karen7

Why do you have to believe me,i watch and read peps every word,he has said no so we'll see if he changes his mind or not

2. Keeper!

Keeper!

I know we had a deal for a French based Midfielder which is now on hold until the summer, hopefully that means we will sign a CB

3. Emperador 99

Emperador 99

Team supported:
    Manchester city
    Who the French midfielder is?

4. domalino

domalino

I'd guess Aouar?

Colin Bells Boots and Keeper! like this.
  5. domalino

domalino

Posts like this always make me chuckle, as if when we go to buy a big name CB in January the person at that club is going to think, "Well Guardiola said they weren't going to buy so I guess they're not desperate, better make sure we keep them at the negotiating table!".

You're buying a CB in January, everyone knows you're desperate. Not to mention none of these clubs want to sell a top quality CB mid-season, if you try and play hard ball over price, they'll just put the phone down and laugh, grateful they've got a legitimate excuse to give to the player who wanted to move why the deal fell through.

We've seen this so many times, with Walker, Mendy, KDB - long protracted "negotiations" that end up with us paying 99% of the original price. It's not that Txiki is a bad negotiator, it's that these deals are much more transactional than they used to be.

6. ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN

We are not going to say we are desperate for a CB which is stating what we have currently is not good enough (it's not) and demotivating current player optoions

7. Barcon

Barcon

Thanks for the reply.

8. northwichblue

northwichblue

Who's the better Garcia or THB

9. Keeper!

Keeper!

French based!

10. domalino

domalino

They're very different types of player. Garcia better with the ball and seems to be a very mature decision maker; THB is more aggressive and physical.

I think Pep would prefer Garcia, but they make a great pairing so it would be amazing if we could keep them together.