January transfer window

I don't think we need another CM, we can use Milner to let him do the defensive role and let Fernandinho take care of the offensive duties.

El Mago said:
I don't think we need another CM, we can use Milner to let him do the defensive role and let Fernandinho take care of the offensive duties.
We're still in for 4 trophies. Even if Yaya or Fernandinho don't get injured, they can get tired or lose form.
I like Milner, he works hard and can play loads of positions, but I think we do need another CM. He's not bad at anything, but I think a Vidal, Gundogan or someone similar (Fabregas if I'm allowed to mention something unrealistic) will add much more.
A Vidal type will tire and stretch the opposition, make us much more solid in the centre and defensively, and chip in with a few goals.
A Gundogan type is basically like having another Fernandinho.
Milner, while a good squad player, is found lacking the extra edge we need if we want to secure multiple titles.

Sir Joe Aguero said:
El Mago said:
We're still in for 4 trophies. Even if Yaya or Fernandinho don't get injured, they can get tired or lose form.
I like Milner, he works hard and can play loads of positions, but I think we do need another CM. He's not bad at anything, but I think a Vidal, Gundogan or someone similar (Fabregas if I'm allowed to mention something unrealistic) will add much more.
A Vidal type will tire and stretch the opposition, make us much more solid in the centre and defensively, and chip in with a few goals.
Milner, while a good squad player, is found lacking the extra edge we need if we want to secure multiple titles.

Gundogan is more of a summer buy although I remember seeing he isn't cup tied and out of contract soon.

MillionDollarDream said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
El Mago said:

Gundogan is more of a summer buy although I remember seeing he isn't cup tied and out of contract soon.
I'm not sure. Maybe Klopp can get some January signings in and convince him that Dortmund can recover from the injury crisis and push for 2nd, or maybe they'll slip more now Lewandowski has gone and he'll want out in the summer. I say try now, so at least we have options if he says no.

El Mago said:

Milner is an honest,hard working professional who would serve a mid table team,as part of their first choice spine,perfectly.
For us,his role as the versatile/go to player is equally important,and i'm glad he appears happy doing so.
Unfortunately...... he doesn't quite have that extra bit of quality that's required in the centre of the park for a team with our abilities and ambitions.

We require the special attributes that both Yaya and Fernandinho possess,if we don't recruit something akin to those two then we risk damaging those ambitions.

FantasyIreland said:
El Mago said:

Milner is an honest,hard working professional who would serve a mid table team,as part of their first choice spine,perfectly.
For us,his role as the versatile/go to player is equally important,and i'm glad he appears happy doing so.
Unfortunately...... he doesn't quite have that extra bit of quality that's required in the centre of the park for a team with our abilities and ambitions.

We require the special attributes that both Yaya and Fernandinho possess,if we don't recruit something akin to those two then we risk damaging those ambitions.

This. Milner is great but someone who actually plays CM at the world class level would be ideal.

People do realise Gundogan/Vidal would have to be playing in the vast majority of our games so unless Fernandinho or Yaya are going to be happy spending long spells on the bench they are daft suggestions.

Matic is slightly more realistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.