January transfer window

For me
The Goalkeeping position can wait until Summer.

Do we need a RB or is Micah going to stay fit ? again give it until the Summer

Centre Backs, We have Komps and Martin on the Right and Joleon and Nasty on the left, though two currently injury prone, I would like to see Giorgio Chiellini brough in here (left sided)

Left Back bring in Felipe from Athletico Madrid

DM Add Roman Neustadter from Schalke 04.

I think all other positions have adequate skill levels and cover.

To fund the three transfers in sell Rodwell, Dzeko, and Garcia.

This gives us good cover at Centre back and left back but allows the new players to get up to speed without selling any existing player. Review those positions in the Summer and strengthen in other areas from the Summer funds

waspish said:
What about trying a youth player or two instead of spending money?

I want Guidetti out on loan, gain form and match fitness, then replace a sold Dzeko in the summer.

Lopes to start being integrated as well into the squad, then to go out on loan at some point. Look at how Liverpool have handled Suso, he's gone from strength to strength while out on loan in Spain.

Rekik should get a spot come next season when he's back, I think he can do a job.

We're fine at goalkeeper. Hart will be back, Pants has shown that he's good enough.

Obviously Vinny and Jack need to sort out their terrible injury woes. The club needs to do all it takes to fix this.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kolarov go, but don't if he stays either. He's a foil for Clichy, who's coming back into his old form.

We need another class DM, that much is for sure. We also need a speed option down the left flank.

So in short (either in January or the summer):

Out:
Dzeko
Garcia
Kolarov (maybe, if not angle for wage reduction)
Lescott (maybe, wage reduction)

In/Promoted:

Guidetti
Lopes
Rekik
Young English LB (maybe)
Class DM (spend whatever, ensure quality)
Class Left Winger (as above)

ws01 said:
waspish said:
What about trying a youth player or two instead of spending money?

I want Guidetti out on loan, gain form and match fitness, then replace a sold Dzeko in the summer.

Lopes to start being integrated as well into the squad, then to go out on loan at some point. Look at how Liverpool have handled Suso, he's gone from strength to strength while out on loan in Spain.

Rekik should get a spot come next season when he's back, I think he can do a job.

We're fine at goalkeeper. Hart will be back, Pants has shown that he's good enough.

Obviously Vinny and Jack need to sort out their terrible injury woes. The club needs to do all it takes to fix this.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kolarov go, but don't if he stays either. He's a foil for Clichy, who's coming back into his old form.

We need another class DM, that much is for sure. We also need a speed option down the left flank.

So in short (either in January or the summer):

Out:
Dzeko
Garcia
Kolarov (maybe, if not angle for wage reduction)
Lescott (maybe, wage reduction)

In/Promoted:

Guidetti
Lopes
Rekik
Young English LB (maybe)
Class DM (spend whatever, ensure quality)
Class Left Winger (as above)
So who do you plan on selling to open space for this class left winger? Navas? Nasri? Silva? Milner? Jovetic? Coz surely one if not 2 of them will have to go for a class left winger to get enough playing time.

Class DM I get. Garcia, and Rodwell are both expendable. So sell one or both and bring in Yohan Cabaye. I'll applaud that.

Sell Dzeko and promote Guidetti. 3rd striker, young and has a good knack for goals. You can partner him with Jovetic.

Young English LB: I don't see it. I think Kolarov had been the most improved player this season ( if one views Nasri's improvement as simply a return to form) so I don't see him going anywhere unless he wants such a move. We are surely not gonna ship him out now that he had finally begun to play to standard.

So really upgrade at DM rotation and moving Dzeko on so he can become a starter, are really our only legitimate moves. All the others will be player induced. Lescott, Micah and Kolarov pushing for a switch, or one of the core guys doing so.

There is the outside chance Pantilimon might push for a move too.

We are getting awful close to the point where player additions can only cas minor improvement. Unless we go out and by a Superstar.

Rammyblues said:
For me none in and none out. Main business will be done early in Summer window before WC kicks in. IMO.
1 piece of business, a central midfielder

I would love to see us splash the cash in the summer on maybe Luke Shaw £25m. Xabi Alonso free, Reus £30m but in January Mangala for £25-30m will do

The Engineer said:
I would love to see us splash the cash in the summer on maybe Luke Shaw £25m. Xabi Alonso free, Reus £30m but in January Mangala for £25-30m will do
as much potential as luke shaw has, £25m is a silly amount of money.

£25m for any leftback would be silly money, yet alone one that is purely potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.