Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia

PaleBlue said:
Anyone but Garcia, he's shite.

Nail on head and,on relection,the reason I have been so supportive of two players who,in reality, are also not of the quality we require.

To be honest, I think the bigger problem than Garcia, is that he is our 3rd choice CM with no real 4th choice. We don't have a backup CM, we have 2 CM and then Garcia, an out and out holding midfielder. If we had another Fernandinho type, someone of genuinely quality who can play as either role in CM, then Garcia sitting on the bench to brought on to sure things up if we're playing 3 in the middle isn't really an issue. At the moment, if we want to rest either Yaya or Fernandinho, then we have only one option, who isn't really capable of playing to a high enough level in that position. Milner could possibly do it at a push, but we need him as our backup wide player aswell.

3 world class central midfielders for 2 positions really isn't unreasonable imo, most top teams have at least that level of competition and we should too.

BigOscar said:
To be honest, I think the bigger problem than Garcia, is that he is our 3rd choice CM with no real 4th choice. We don't have a backup CM, we have 2 CM and then Garcia, an out and out holding midfielder. If we had another Fernandinho type, someone of genuinely quality who can play as either role in CM, then Garcia sitting on the bench to brought on to sure things up if we're playing 3 in the middle isn't really an issue. At the moment, if we want to rest either Yaya or Fernandinho, then we have only one option, who isn't really capable of playing to a high enough level in that position. Milner could possibly do it at a push, but we need him as our backup wide player aswell.

3 world class central midfielders for 2 positions really isn't unreasonable imo, most top teams have at least that level of competition and we should too.

I've been trying to say that..... Great post.

BigOscar said:

Good post as usual BigOscar.

This is why I maintain Garcia has a place in our squad. As the 4th choice, the one to solidify, he's a great option. But it'd be great to have Pogba, Montolivio, moutinho etc ahead of him in the pecking order.

So in some way we all agree. How holistic ;)

NQCitizen said:
BigOscar said:

Good post as usual BigOscar.

This is why I maintain Garcia has a place in our squad. As the 4th choice, the one to solidify, he's a great option. But it'd be great to have Pogba, Montolivio, moutinho etc ahead of him in the pecking order.

So in some way we all agree. How holistic ;)
Well to be fair we all love City here, so yeah. We might get cranky but it's not nearly as... special... as certain other player discussions where nationality plays an unfortunately large part.

taconinja said:
Dribble said:
taconinja said:
Question 1 is irrelevant as I don't think either are the answer.

Question 2 is already answered as one of them has played Bayern Munich and we won.

Question 3 is irrelevant as playing against us is no indicator of how a player would do for us. You need a larger sample.
A yes or no to questions 1 & 2 will suffice.

For question 3, the same could be said for any player we've ever signed or intend to sign in the future, so a straight forward answer will again suffice.
Reductio ad absurdum doesn't suit the discussion no matter how much you prefer simplistic reasoning. Here, I'll make it simple for you since it seems it's sadly, sadly necessary: Huddlestone is shite. Happy? Is that boiled down enough for your palate?

-- Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:34 pm --

FantasyIreland said:
Shelvey NQ...... I'm not sure who you've been watching?? however,given your ludicrous defence of Garcia neither am i surprised you cannot recognise midfield proficiency.
I'm watching Shelvey right now. He's terrible.
A) Is that more shite?

B) The same amount of Shite?

C) Less Shite?

(Back to the original question which you still haven't answered) - If you had to choose either Huddlestone or Garcia to be a Manchester City player right now would you choose:

A) Huddlestone

B) Garcia

Just a simple A or B will suffice......

BigOscar said:

I cant agree more! Need to strengthen CM position, I would love to get in Xabi Alonso in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.