Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little unnerved when he came on but was happy to see he wasn't detrimental. I wouldn't have called him especially useful by any means but "not being a liability" is what can be considered a good game for Garcia...a world away from that feeling of safety i got whenever Mancini used to play de Jong.

chezequerz said:
I was a little unnerved when he came on but was happy to see he wasn't detrimental. I wouldn't have called him especially useful by any means but "not being a liability" is what can be considered a good game for Garcia...a world away from that feeling of safety i got whenever Mancini used to play de Jong.

Deary me bring back Jamie Pollock ! That would please some fans who think its all about tackling

peter.evans said:
chezequerz said:

Deary me bring back Jamie Pollock ! That would please some fans who think its all about tackling

Not at all mate, if tackling where the only area of his game where he was mostly ineffective i'd be content but that's not the case. Either way he's a defensive midfielder who is typically poor in defence...not sure what's so outrageous about wanting someone who can actually tackle for that position.

Didn't rate him at all last season but I really do value him now. Think he's a top player tbh. Probably would look better in Spain, though. Not really an EPL style holding mid. Not enough pace to keep with the tempo

I was actually chuffed to see him come on.He was exactly what we needed at that time in the game....a cooler.

If the insults are left behind, it's obvious for all to see that Yaya is neither 'holding, defensive or attacking' as a midfielder, but we all know he is/can be world class in a free midfield role. Football is a team game and keeping the goals against column low is as big a part of the game as it is to keep the goals for column high. The stats are there for all to see and our defensive game is leaving something to be desired. There is little problem up front, but we can't always rely on scoring for fun and there are times when the manager has to be pragmatic and set up the team to get a win against any opposition. A holding duo of Fernandinho and Garcia is superior to De Jong and Barry, fine players though they were, but with this new pairing in the holding role which allows Yaya to push forward in central midfield would surely be a winning strategy at both ends of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.