Javi Garcia (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Scouse Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Partly cos he takes zero risks. I'd rather he took the odd risk and offered us something now and again than just drift along aimlessly which is what he's done for the most part of his City career. That said, he's steady enough and played very well yesterday

This.

It's a really tough one.

I struggle to understand what he has to offer. No creativity. Prone to losing the ball at ctrical times. However best game in a Blue shirt against the Chavs. I suppose the conclusion is that he is steady, but compared to the likes of Ferna, there is no comparison.

He's not prone to losing the ball, that's my entire point.

Not so much giving the ball away but in games previous to yesterdays I've pretty much just watched him walk about consistently losing battle after battle. Maybe you can't quite describe that as losing the ball but he should certainly be winning it a lot more often partcularly seen as that is supposedly one of the very, very few things he supposedly offers to the team

lets not get giddy,he has been poor/average since joining city 18mths ago…..he has improved this season culminating in a top performance last night,he has set the standard now and must be hitting these heights every week from now on.

NQCitizen said:
Scouse Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Partly cos he takes zero risks. I'd rather he took the odd risk and offered us something now and again than just drift along aimlessly which is what he's done for the most part of his City career. That said, he's steady enough and played very well yesterday

This.

It's a really tough one.

I struggle to understand what he has to offer. No creativity. Prone to losing the ball at ctrical times. However best game in a Blue shirt against the Chavs. I suppose the conclusion is that he is steady, but compared to the likes of Ferna, there is no comparison.

He's not prone to losing the ball, that's my entire point.[/quo

Sadly, that's also my entire point. If he immediately "moves" the ball, then he is okay. The minute he considers anything else, then he is often caught in possession.

Well , which is it ?
Either he plays safe , conservative passes to team mates , or he keeps giving the ball away!
You can't have it both ways!

Scouse Blue said:
NQCitizen said:
Scouse Blue said:
This.

It's a really tough one.

He's not prone to losing the ball, that's my entire point.[/quo

Sadly, that's also my entire point. If he immediately "moves" the ball, then he is okay. The minute he considers anything else, then he is often caught in possession.

Garcia is dispossessed on average 0.2 times a match (second only to Demichelis) and concedes a turnover in possession 0.1 times a match (less than any of our other players). He simply rarely ever doesn't end up holding the ball and making a pass.

celf said:
lets not get giddy,he has been poor/average since joining city 18mths ago…..he has improved this season culminating in a top performance last night,he has set the standard now and must be hitting these heights every week from now on.

Agree but even Gaz Baz knocked a 20 yarder out.

The Fat el Hombre said:
NQCitizen said:
Scouse Blue said:
This.

It's a really tough one.

He's not prone to losing the ball, that's my entire point.

Not so much giving the ball away but in games previous to yesterdays I've pretty much just watched him walk about consistently losing battle after battle. Maybe you can't quite describe that as losing the ball but he should certainly be winning it a lot more often partcularly seen as that is supposedly one of the very, very few things he supposedly offers to the team

Honestly, I think we should try not to consider Garcia's performance last year since... last year was a bit of an issue for most of our players due to the Mancini hooplah. From what we've seen this season, he does offer that stability and certain positioning as a decent holding mid. I don't think people need to expect him to win the ball more since I think that's a particular attribute more suited to other players such as Fernandinho (thus the full package), but when in need of stability, good possession, much needed platform, and aerial defensive qualities, he's our man. He has certainly improved and I think we can reserve judgment on his qualities until we see him more and see if he's consistent. If he's consistent, I think he's an excellent squad player that closes out games. That's really important and it stands to reason with Matic's form in Chelsea, it was really Javi who didn't let Matic play at Benfica. So, more time for this guy since I think he really does offer up an option during crucial games. That being said, I was really happy for him. He seemed happy too on twitter.. lol

The thing he lacks and something which a player like Busquets has is being able to start an attack. The problem he is he wins the ball and passes it sideways or back and is a bit to scared to pass it forward to get an attack going. A good squad player to have if a 3 man mid is going to be played but in games which we dominate he is a bit of a waste because of the lack of passing and attacking play.

cleavers said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Well , which is it ?
Either he plays safe , conservative passes to team mates , or he keeps giving the ball away!
You can't have it both ways!
You can on here !
only english team sill on for 4 comps all our players must be shit garcia does his job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.