Javi Garcia

Benarbia said:
Listen I was positive about him a few weeks ago but you can't deny that most of the time the game passes by him

Unfortunately read the match thread today you are not a positive kinda guy are you

Vienna_70 said:
I thought Garcia had a good game today.

Because of the debate on here, I kept an eye on him today, more so than usual.

He is criticised for not being able to pass, but there was one exquisite pass to Silva right at the beginning of the second half. There were a lot of other good things from Javi today, but as he's obviously the latest boo-boy, his critics will never admit this.

likewise. I thought he played well today against a well organised Liverpool team

Mike N said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
I know stats don't tell you everything, but just out of interest the supposedly "crap" Garcia managed a creditable 92% pass completion rate. Man of the Match James Milner by comparison could only manage 58%...........

Sorry but 'pass completion' says nothing about a players influence on a game. We all know that most of his passes were sideways or backwards. His slowness is a real problem in a midfield containing Barry. Out of the two, Id have Barry.

No, but it does pull the rug out from under the feet of those claiming he kept giving the ball away. And just what kind of passes do you expect a defensive midfielder to contribute? I don't recall De Jong pulling up any trees in the Glenn Hoddle 70 yard pearler stakes either.......

So we draw at home against Liverpool and that makes Garcia shit.

How bizarre

Mike N said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
I know stats don't tell you everything, but just out of interest the supposedly "crap" Garcia managed a creditable 92% pass completion rate. Man of the Match James Milner by comparison could only manage 58%...........

Sorry but 'pass completion' says nothing about a players influence on a game. We all know that most of his passes were sideways or backwards. His slowness is a real problem in a midfield containing Barry. Out of the two, Id have Barry.

Although today, Garcia made more interceptions, tackles and blocks than Barry.

grim up north said:
Benarbia said:
Listen I was positive about him a few weeks ago but you can't deny that most of the time the game passes by him

Unfortunately read the match thread today you are not a positive kinda guy are you

Today and a good 75% of my posts no. But I can be when it warrants being positive

Rascal said:

How bizarre

It doesn't make us shit but when you have him and Barry in the same midfield and yet make Henderson look unplayable. That sums it up

Rascal said:

How bizarre

How bizarre that you think it's that simple and you haven't mentioned him being useless today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.