Javi Garcia

allan harper said:
levets said:
leighton said:
Garcia is finding it hard to adjust to the English game simple. He is struggling with the tempo of the games and isnt up to speed so far. No doubt next season he will up his level and be more used to the English style of football. Not saying he is a rubbish footballer but he just needs to show more in games. He should be dominating in midfield but I look to the midfield and I am guessing that a fully fit Rodwell may well give Garcia a run for his money as being the main back up in midfield. Saying that I wouldnt mind seeing Garcia given a run beside Vinny in defence hasnt looked out of place as a center back to me. This was supposed to be the De Jong replacement but any day of the week I would take De Jong back for him.

Just think there is going to be a major signing in the center of midfield come the summer. Both creative and defensive its what we need it badly we need a player to set the tempo of our game and move the ball along at a quicker pace at times.

Huge upgrade on NDJ... Can play midfield, Central defender, scores goals. Move on lads!

Well said mate, Totally agree.

has to be a piss take, yes he has to settle, yes he can head a ball but dont talk fucking stupid.

NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:
Think the Yaya / Garcia partnership in the coming seasons could be very productive

Alex Song cost the same. He is a better tackler and passer and has better movement and prem suited. He is the one we should have gone for.

Garcia doesn't have the mobility or passing range to ever become a top player, in short it's fanciful to base our future around him, I see a squad role for him.

In short I think your over analysis of everything you post is equally fanciful. Garcia will screen the back 3 or 4 his job is simple passing to the more creative players in the team. Once he becomes more accustomed to the way we play and gets fully upto speed his range of passing will improve. At present the movement of our forward players is a little statuesque therefore his forward passing on Sunday was non existent not entirely his fault

grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:
Think the Yaya / Garcia partnership in the coming seasons could be very productive

Alex Song cost the same. He is a better tackler and passer and has better movement and prem suited. He is the one we should have gone for.

Garcia doesn't have the mobility or passing range to ever become a top player, in short it's fanciful to base our future around him, I see a squad role for him.

In short I think your over analysis of everything you post is equally fanciful. Garcia will screen the back 3 or 4 his job is simple passing to the more creative players in the team. Once he becomes more accustomed to the way we play and gets fully upto speed his range of passing will improve. At present the movement of our forward players is a little statuesque therefore his forward passing on Sunday was non existent not entirely his fault

Garcia plays same position as Song, one tees up RVP from 40 yards and the other plays a sidewards pass. Black and White fella.

The movement of our forward line isn't the problem, the split in team from defence to attack is, Garcia and Barry are too deep and invite opposition in our half with a high pressing strategy, Liverpool, Real and Dortmund have all pinned us back and made us sit deep. That in turn leaves our attack isolated. What we need is someone able to spray a pass from deep, Alonso and Song can do that.

Not trying to be pedantic but it's really clear that this is where we struggle most at the moment. Barry and Garcia are the players that need to speed up play and get the ball out to Silva as quickly and accurately as possible. Instead they dawdle and we get pinned by opposition players with little room to operate. We invite pressure.

I do agree he will get better but I am absolutely sure that he isn't going to be world class and make the grade required to take us to the next level.

I also agree with others. Why are we talking about Nigel Dejong? Sure, he was physical, provided excellent cover and was a workhorse, however he ALWAYS struggled in an attacking sense. Dejong failed to pass forward, always side or back and his attacking positioning was also poor when needed.

This was one element Mancini and the board saw as an improvement on the 11/12 campaign. Javi Garcia was subsequently bought in and Dejong sold with little time remaining on his contract – smart business!

Garcia has bought extra attacking verve when needed and he has proven himself to be more than capable of scoring off set pieces. In saying that, I feel Garcia is not the player to take us forward and I am struggling to come up with excuses for him. 25 games later and his progression is worrying. He has been in a great run in the first team, however playing against a 10 man Arsenal and a disjointed Fulham has made him appear better than he his. The Liverpool match found him out again and not for the first time this season.

He is genuinely a slow player, and he fails to possess the quick thinking and ability to read the game to compensate. Simple as that. He is at 6’s and 7’s when the opposition has the ball and he struggles to impose himself and let’s the tempo be dictated by others. It is a revolving circle of errors and the same performances that are constantly delivered.

I will give him until the end of the season, but his attributes will ensure my mind is not changed.

grim up north said:

Totally agree, i think rca can be thlink betwen defence and attack for us, he will allow Yaya to get forward, could be a great combo and Garcia is a real threat at set piece's as well!

de niro said:
allan harper said:
levets said:
Huge upgrade on NDJ... Can play midfield, Central defender, scores goals. Move on lads!

has to be a piss take, yes he has to settle, yes he can head a ball but dont talk fucking stupid.

Its funny how De Jong keeps getting better an better with each passing month here's not here.

NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:

Garcia plays same position as Song, one tees up RVP from 40 yards and the other plays a sidewards pass. Black and White fella.

The movement of our forward line isn't the problem, the split in team from defence to attack is, Garcia and Barry are too deep and invite opposition in our half with a high pressing strategy, Liverpool, Real and Dortmund have all pinned us back and made us sit deep. That in turn leaves our attack isolated. What we need is someone able to spray a pass from deep, Alonso and Song can do that.

Not trying to be pedantic but it's really clear that this is where we struggle most at the moment. Barry and Garcia are the players that need to speed up play and get the ball out to Silva as quickly and accurately as possible. Instead they dawdle and we get pinned by opposition players with little room to operate. We invite pressure.

I do agree he will get better but I am absolutely sure that he isn't going to be world class and make the grade required to take us to the next level.[/

BlueTony84 said:
grim up north said:

Totally agree, i think rca can be thlink betwen defence and attack for us, he will allow Yaya to get forward, could be a great combo and Garcia is a real threat at set piece's as well!

Did you watch him against Watford? If anyone runs at him at speed they leave him dead. that's a huge worry.

allan harper said:
de niro said:
allan harper said:

Its funny how De Jong keeps getting better an better with each passing month here's not here.

he did a job that only he could do, he was brilliant for us. garcia or to be fair many players are not fit to lace his boots. well put it this way, we are shit now in midfield.

de niro said:
allan harper said:
de niro said:

he did a job that only he could do, he was brilliant for us. garcia or to be fair many players are not fit to lace his boots. well put it this way, we are shit now in midfield.

The way some people go on you would have thought he was the 1st name on the team sheet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.