Javi Garcia

Patrick Vieira could help out bundles with this fella. He's obviously got the physical attributes but's lacking the nous and the wherewithal to achieve his potential.

NipHolmes said:
BlueTony84 said:
grim up north said:
Think the Yaya / Garcia partnership in the coming seasons could be very productive

Totally agree, i think rca can be thlink betwen defence and attack for us, he will allow Yaya to get forward, could be a great combo and Garcia is a real threat at set piece's as well!

Did you watch him against Watford? If anyone runs at him at speed they leave him dead. that's a huge worry.
Yeh because De Jong was lightening quick. He would just run and take them out resulting in a yellow card and all the fans would say he took one for the team and it was a professional foul.

grim up north said:
de niro said:
allan harper said:
Its funny how De Jong keeps getting better an better with each passing month here's not here.

he did a job that only he could do, he was brilliant for us. garcia or to be fair many players are not fit to lace his boots. well put it this way, we are shit now in midfield.

The way some people go on you would have thought he was the 1st name on the team sheet.
of course not but if a job needed doing he did better than anyone else. like it or not to sell him for 3m and pretend to replace him with 17m garcia is disgracful transfer buisiness. and the table shows it. gacia was poor yesterday, i'm a fan but he aint no nigel and he hasn't yet found his feet in the prem. for what we got for him nige should have been kept to see how garcia coped. poor city.

CTID101 said:
NipHolmes said:
BlueTony84 said:
Totally agree, i think rca can be thlink betwen defence and attack for us, he will allow Yaya to get forward, could be a great combo and Garcia is a real threat at set piece's as well!

Did you watch him against Watford? If anyone runs at him at speed they leave him dead. that's a huge worry.
Yeh because De Jong was lightening quick. He would just run and take them out resulting in a yellow card and all the fans would say he took one for the team and it was a professional foul.

I never rated De Jong highly as other did, as LC said, he regressed following the backlash of breaking Ben Arfa' leg, when he got dropped from Holland it changed him. Barry is/was better.

de niro said:
grim up north said:
de niro said:
he did a job that only he could do, he was brilliant for us. garcia or to be fair many players are not fit to lace his boots. well put it this way, we are shit now in midfield.

The way some people go on you would have thought he was the 1st name on the team sheet.
of course not but if a job needed doing he did better than anyone else. like it or not to sell him for 3m and pretend to replace him with 17m garcia is disgracful transfer buisiness. and the table shows it. gacia was poor yesterday, i'm a fan but he aint no nigel and he hasn't yet found his feet in the prem. for what we got for him nige should have been kept to see how garcia coped. poor city.

I will leave you stare into your empty wine bottle:-)

grim up north said:
de niro said:
grim up north said:

I will leave you stare into your empty wine bottle:-)

plural :)

LoveCity said:
De Jong was never the same after Ben Arfa-gate, people forget that he became a lot more cautious in his tackling and less tenacious, led to him becoming a bit part player. Before that he was one of the best purely defensive midfielders in the world.
this.

----

And to that other poster I can't be bothered to find and quote, no De Jong wasn't blazing fast, but he had a respectable turn of pace and was at least very mobile, agile, and wasn't lethargic.

Meh, he's gone, though, so no time for looking back...even though we have gone backwards imho.

de niro said:
allan harper said:
de niro said:
has to be a piss take, yes he has to settle, yes he can head a ball but dont talk fucking stupid.

Its funny how De Jong keeps getting better an better with each passing month here's not here.

I don't think our midfield has looked shit, our attacking players have let us down so far this season, we've had (as usual) loads of possession in and around our opponents area but we've failed to capitalise like we did last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.