Javi Garcia

The thing with Garcia in my mind is that if you're going to play a one dimensional player/role, you have to be exceptional at that role.

So yes, Garcia isn't asked to be a creative force and it's a bit unfair to criticize his passing range (although I don't entirely agree), but if he's not going to be asked to pass the ball well and create offense, then he needs to be nearly superhuman as a defensive midfielder in order to compensate and justify the inclusion in an XI, and he just hasn't been of that quality. To be honest, he just seems far too slow to allow his CM partner to really venture forward, he simply can't cover the width of the pitch to pop up everywhere the DM needs to. If people long for NDJ, it's probably for precisely this reason, Nigel had a mobility that made it feel like he could truly release Yaya forward. It's surely romanticized and he gets more credit than he should receive, but I'm not sure you can play a slow DM who isn't an exceptional reader of the game. The alternative is pace or possession. I think Garcia or any slower DM work fine when a team like Barca is dominating possession and the DM is more of a safety valve for attacking FBs to rely upon, but it all unravels pretty quickly when the other team is able to attack and put pressure on the DM to intercept and interrupt play.

I find myself having a similar thought about Garcia as I thought even about NDJ. It may be that he's a fantastic player for some squad, but I'm not sure that Man City as currently constituted can afford to play a strict CDM/DM type while also playing 2 strikers. We just end up with too many one dimensional players on the pitch at the same time. If we're going to attack with 2 home and away, then we need more versatile midfielders capable of both attack and defense.

de niro said:
allan harper said:
levets said:
Huge upgrade on NDJ... Can play midfield, Central defender, scores goals. Move on lads!

Well said mate, Totally agree.

has to be a piss take, yes he has to settle, yes he can head a ball but dont talk fucking stupid.

who are you calling stupid mr big time?<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
allan harper said:
de niro said:
has to be a piss take, yes he has to settle, yes he can head a ball but dont talk fucking stupid.

Its funny how De Jong keeps getting better an better with each passing month here's not here.

he did a job that only he could do, he was brilliant for us. garcia or to be fair many players are not fit to lace his boots. well put it this way, we are shit now in midfield.

He never played you clanger. 10 starts maximum? One trick pony

levets said:
de niro said:
allan harper said:
Well said mate, Totally agree.

who are you calling stupid mr big time?

-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 pm --

de niro said:
allan harper said:
Its funny how De Jong keeps getting better an better with each passing month here's not here.

he did a job that only he could do, he was brilliant for us. garcia or to be fair many players are not fit to lace his boots. well put it this way, we are shit now in midfield.

De Jong was part of the squad that conceded the least number of goals and scored the most in the season. Garcia has been in for 6 months and we've already managed to concede more.

Garcia is dog shit and won't be at club for longer than 4 years.<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:52 pm --<br /><br />
nevilletogoater-in said:
levets said:
de niro said:

de niro said:

De Jong was part of the squad that conceded the least number of goals and scored the most in the season. Garcia has been in for 6 months and we've already managed to concede more.

Garcia is dog shit and won't be at club for longer than 4 years.

Apologies, we've only conceded 21 but conceded 29 last season.

nevilletogoater-in said:
levets said:
de niro said:

de niro said:

nevilletogoater-in said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
levets said:

Ha ha that was funny ,he's right move on it's boring,Garcia is streets ahead of Ndj,who also got slaughtered for his first 6 months.

Once he's settled in we won't need the security of Barry.
When Yaya's back I think we'll see a midfield of Silva Garcia Milner or Nasri and Yaya.

In Mancini's first full season, we had the best defence in the league, with Nigel starting. Not to say Nigel is better or vice-versa, cuz then again, we were playing some exceptionally defensive football.

Truth be told, I rather we had been boring, boring Man City.

Lol people dismissing Nigel's influence last year..I guess that's how long some of you have watched City, one season?

He was PIVOTAL in our advancement to where we are today.

Our best European performance in recent history (4-0 v Porto), De Jong played, and unsurprisingly, he was a boss. In Europe especially, you need a mobile player who can actually cut up play and win you back the ball. It's so unbelievably important. I feel we lost a player who could really add a certain bite to the midfield, as well as an important dressing room figure who so many players said he was the entertainer of the squad and kept everyone's spirits up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.