Javi Garcia

Re: Javi Garcia ?

cookster said:
HellasLEAF said:
well, he's definitely no NDG...

Wasn't bought as a replacement for Nige, we wanted a deep lying ball player who could also tackle, ala Xavi Alonso.

The problem is he doesn't look like either atm but it's early days. Hopefully not a new Veron.

well he plays in the same position NDG played so...

hgblue said:
waspish said:
City fans never learn all quick to slate!

It's a discussion board mate, and if you think City fans aren't discussing how poor Garcia has looked then you're not talking to many City fans. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that most of those who are getting on their high horses on here, have been having the same conversations. Very strange that we're apparently not supposed to mention that he was utter shite last night, when anyone who was watching could see it.

....much like all the games he's played in for us. It's our right to voice our opinion on our players, good or bad. So far Garcia is so far from being ready for the prem it's unbelievable. It was WIGAN not fucking Barca and he was getting run ragged by journeymen/reserve team players. Not good enough, fuck him off back to Portugal or Spain. Will never make it her while his arse points down.

hgblue said:
waspish said:
City fans never learn all quick to slate!

It's a discussion board mate, and if you think City fans aren't discussing how poor Garcia has looked then you're not talking to many City fans. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that most of those who are getting on their high horses on here, have been having the same conversations. Very strange that we're apparently not supposed to mention that he was utter shite last night, when anyone who was watching could see it.

I understand that but it feels like a slagging board not a discussion one.

The difference is I will give a player longer than 260 odd mins playing time before making my mind up...

He was terrible last night, but FFS give him time. Got to give new players a year to get up to speed.

Completely different player for Benfica, probably down to confidence and familiarity. Give him time.

Blue Haze said:
He was terrible last night, but FFS give him time. Got to give new players a year to get up to speed.

Completely different player for Benfica, probably down to confidence and familiarity. Give him time.

Why should he get time when he is displaying NO characteristics of a footballer other than putting a kit on. If the game was about not being able to trap a ball/pass/run/tackle/shoot/track players then he'd be a world beater but so far he is shiiiiiiiiite.

Drewmanc said:
Blue Haze said:

Why should he get time when he is displaying NO characteristics of a footballer other than putting a kit on. If the game was about not being able to trap a ball/pass/run/tackle/shoot/track players then he'd be a world beater but so far he is shiiiiiiiiite.

This same discussion was going on when YAYA signed

the lad struggled big time last night, could have come off sooner for me
he needs to settle in for me, maybe we wont see the best of him until next season?

hgblue said:

No one will doubt how terrible he was last night. But, I'm not entirely sure on this but I think that was his second start in the league (I might be wrong)? His first game against Stoke he played well and scored an important goal. He is clearly one of those foreign guys that needs a bit f time to adjust. Unfortunately that is only going to happen by playing but his form doesn't warrant starting games.

However, the point still stands. How many players have we bought over the past few years, for big money I might add, that haven't looked good their first six months? De Jong, Dkeko, Yaya, Zab, Kompany etc.

Two things; Foreigners most of the time need months and maybe even a year to adapt. This is what is making Nastacic current form so unbelievable in my eyes. Secondly look at the players Mancini has improved here. He is a proper players coach who gets the best out of players that are learning and getting better. Kompany, Zabaleta, Lescott, Richards etc.

Give him and Mancini time and I have little doubt he will come good

Edit: The best thing he did last night was have that look on his face as he was walking off to be subbed that he had had an absolute mare. He looks like the type that will strive hard to make it work

Although I agree that he should be given more time his performance against Wigan was woeful and seemed to get worse as the game went on.
So far it looks like our summer signings have not improved the team one bit and we need a couple of top class players in January.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.