Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
Laugh whenever I see a comment along the lines of - 'I know he's too slow for a two man midfield with Yaya but he is ideal for a three man with Fernandinho and Yaya'. That's right, lets go and drop on of our double act up front and shoe horn in a bang average player just so he fits. Bloody hell what a load of crap.

Some players sign but don't suit, it happens, he is one of them. Napoli is a great move for him, fits his playing style, more game time and a top team in Italy along with Roma, Juventus, Inter and Fiorentina. I hope this happens for him and us, we both prosper.
Who is saying that? He's a decent squad player who can do a job when we need a third midfielder. That's all. If Napoli is in for him it would be a great move for all parties although I'm wary of some of the suggestions people have made for a squad player replacement.

-- Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:54 am --

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
Useful squad player I would say.

It's okay to have a fact wrong, you know? No real harm in it. You make some sweeping claims and they tend to be rather overstated.

It's ok for you to like Garcia without fixating on midgets. So we are cool....Garcia was out jumped by a guy 2 inches shorter than him which lead to a goal....hope that's better.

-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 pm --

Rascal said:
Its funny how you describe his strength.

To me that strength is the most important any footballer can have. If you keep the ball everything else in football is irrelevant.

Who had more possession when we played Spurs? What was the score? It's what you do with it that matters.

That's funny.
Whether I like him or not is irrelevant, and it's impossible for me to like or dislike him as I don't know him. I just find it off-putting when some of our fans go on their little crusades to "prove" they're right about how awful a player is.

A little pedantic. You know none of us know him as a person and that's not what is being debated.

There are posters on both sides putting forward examples of his play. Its impossible to prove much as its ultimately down to personal opinion.

At the end of the day very few people are swayed and will stick with their original opinion but I like to read what those that rate him put on here.

Nobody is going round his house and shouting at the lad.....I hope!

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
Laugh whenever I see a comment along the lines of - 'I know he's too slow for a two man midfield with Yaya but he is ideal for a three man with Fernandinho and Yaya'. That's right, lets go and drop on of our double act up front and shoe horn in a bang average player just so he fits. Bloody hell what a load of crap.

Some players sign but don't suit, it happens, he is one of them. Napoli is a great move for him, fits his playing style, more game time and a top team in Italy along with Roma, Juventus, Inter and Fiorentina. I hope this happens for him and us, we both prosper.
Who is saying that? He's a decent squad player who can do a job when we need a third midfielder. That's all. If Napoli is in for him it would be a great move for all parties although I'm wary of some of the suggestions people have made for a squad player replacement.

Cobwebcat said:
It's ok for you to like Garcia without fixating on midgets. So we are cool....Garcia was out jumped by a guy 2 inches shorter than him which lead to a goal....hope that's better.

-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 pm --

Who had more possession when we played Spurs? What was the score? It's what you do with it that matters.

That's funny.
Whether I like him or not is irrelevant, and it's impossible for me to like or dislike him as I don't know him. I just find it off-putting when some of our fans go on their little crusades to "prove" they're right about how awful a player is.

A little pedantic. You know none of us know him as a person and that's not what is being debated.

There are posters on both sides putting forward examples of his play. Its impossible to prove much as its ultimately down to personal opinion.

At the end of the day very few people are swayed and will stick with their original opinion but I like to read what those that rate him put on here.

All fair points. I don't think he's perfectly suited to the English game, and I do think a move would be good for him. I don't believe however, we have his replacement in the squad. Note: Squad, not starting lineup. Rodwell is always injured and honestly lacks the positional discipline. Milner is better in an attacking role. Our best backup for Fernandinho is Toure, and he's not perfectly suited to that role either. Being overseas, I don't get to follow our academy to the extent I would prefer. Do we have someone coming up that can do what Fernandinho/Garcia does?

taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:

All fair points. I don't think he's perfectly suited to the English game, and I do think a move would be good for him. I don't believe however, we have his replacement in the squad. Note: Squad, not starting lineup. Rodwell is always injured and honestly lacks the positional discipline. Milner is better in an attacking role. Our best backup for Fernandinho is Toure, and he's not perfectly suited to that role either. Being overseas, I don't get to follow our academy to the extent I would prefer. Do we have someone coming up that can do what Fernandinho/Garcia does?

Zabba would do a good job in the holding role also nasri/silva could move into a midfield 3 with fernandinho holding as for up and coming we have ibrahim back in january who wants a chance at the club so maybe have a look at him.

uwe rosler 28 said:
taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:

Zabba would do a good job in the holding role also nasri/silva could move into a midfield 3 with fernandinho holding as for up and coming we have ibrahim back in january who wants a chance at the club so maybe have a look at him.
Hadn't thought about Zabaleta. My only concern with him would be the same as Milner in that they can try to be opportunistic at inopportune times, such as the CL match in Madrid last year when Zabaleta was well out of position leaving Ronaldo with space to run at Kompany. That didn't end well. I do like the idea of moving Nasri or possibly Silva a little further back at times, yes. Navas has also shown a willingness to do that too. Do you like the look of Ibrahim?

taconinja said:
Do we have someone coming up that can do what Fernandinho/Garcia does?

I don't think we have anyone in the academy who could do what Fernandinho does but I reckon we have people in the crowd who could do what Garcia does.

Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:

I don't think we have anyone in the academy who could do what Fernandinho does but I reckon we have people in the crowd who could do what Garcia does.

Trying not to smile....

Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:

We have people in the crowd who are spanish internationals and have played at the highest level consistently for his past two clubs?

Interesting.

CTID101 said:
Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:

We have people in the crowd who are spanish internationals and have played at the highest level consistently for his past two clubs?

Interesting.

Sign em up.... save a fortune!

There are some real haters on here... Anybody watching Paulinho on Sunday would think he's nowhere near Garcia's level.

Give it a rest lads

As I see it the problem Garcia has relates to the question "Is he value for money?" At 16mill quite clearly not. He is a solid professional but that's it. Do I think he should be in our team - no but like a few squad players he does ok. You would never in a trillion years think he would come on and change a game or be the difference. Bottom line the club bought him to appease people in an otherwise unproductive window and unfortunately he will never be a city great. He does have good hair though.

uwe rosler 28 said:
taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:

Garcia is better in the air than Zaba, more consistent in his passing and better positionally (Zaba's greatest weakness).

Zabaleta is a world class full back where his work rate, wing play and tackling are brilliant but why would he be able to play a holding role better than Garcia?

Also why would Rodwell? Why would Ibrahim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.