Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
taconinja said:
All fair points. I don't think he's perfectly suited to the English game, and I do think a move would be good for him. I don't believe however, we have his replacement in the squad. Note: Squad, not starting lineup. Rodwell is always injured and honestly lacks the positional discipline. Milner is better in an attacking role. Our best backup for Fernandinho is Toure, and he's not perfectly suited to that role either. Being overseas, I don't get to follow our academy to the extent I would prefer. Do we have someone coming up that can do what Fernandinho/Garcia does?

Zabba would do a good job in the holding role also nasri/silva could move into a midfield 3 with fernandinho holding as for up and coming we have ibrahim back in january who wants a chance at the club so maybe have a look at him.

Garcia is better in the air than Zaba, more consistent in his passing and better positionally (Zaba's greatest weakness).

Zabaleta is a world class full back where his work rate, wing play and tackling are brilliant but why would he be able to play a holding role better than Garcia?

Also why would Rodwell? Why would Ibrahim?

Exactly Zaba has played there under Mancini and has shown his limitations, Rodwell is a box-to-box player and so is Ibrahim, who has done absolutely nothing to show he deserves even a chance in the first team squad.

NQCitizen said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
taconinja said:
All fair points. I don't think he's perfectly suited to the English game, and I do think a move would be good for him. I don't believe however, we have his replacement in the squad. Note: Squad, not starting lineup. Rodwell is always injured and honestly lacks the positional discipline. Milner is better in an attacking role. Our best backup for Fernandinho is Toure, and he's not perfectly suited to that role either. Being overseas, I don't get to follow our academy to the extent I would prefer. Do we have someone coming up that can do what Fernandinho/Garcia does?

Zabba would do a good job in the holding role also nasri/silva could move into a midfield 3 with fernandinho holding as for up and coming we have ibrahim back in january who wants a chance at the club so maybe have a look at him.

Garcia is better in the air than Zaba, more consistent in his passing and better positionally (Zaba's greatest weakness).

Zabaleta is a world class full back where his work rate, wing play and tackling are brilliant but why would he be able to play a holding role better than Garcia?

Agree with that but has anyone considered that we need not replace Garcia at all given that he doesn't play that much. If we do need a player for his role we would have to buy.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
NQCitizen said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Exactly Zaba has played there under Mancini and has shown his limitations, Rodwell is a box-to-box player and so is Ibrahim, who has done absolutely nothing to show he deserves even a chance in the first team squad.

Even when I don't rate a player I don't just assume that the potential competition would outshine them solely on the virtue of not being that player.

NQCitizen said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
taconinja said:

Well Rodwell would as he is a better player, can't comment on the other lad, Rodwell is faster, more energy and can drive forward get a goal if the chance comes to bomb on, don't understand the worry about whats said about him and Milner wouldn't just stay in that position and protect the back 4 , who did that job v Rags and Spurs ? so why do we need a man doing that and nothing else v relegation sides like Sunderland ? this is my point having him in the team takes so much away from what we can do to teams, he isn't a defender he is a midfield player, MIDFIELD, who's job for me is to help attack and help defend, ok some are going to do 1 more than the other but to not do anything on the going forward side cannot be ok in a team going for a title and for me it has shown in those games games we didn't score in that we are basically losing an option to get or create a goal, is anyone really scratching their heads as to why we are breaking goalscoring records without him in the side but can't break Stoke and Sunderland down when he plays ? he is just to big a negative on the whole side for him to ever start a game

bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Well Rodwell would as he is a better player, can't comment on the other lad, Rodwell is faster, more energy and can drive forward get a goal if the chance comes to bomb on, don't understand the worry about whats said about him and Milner wouldn't just stay in that position and protect the back 4 , who did that job v Rags and Spurs ? so why do we need a man doing that and nothing else v relegation sides like Sunderland ? this is my point having him in the team takes so much away from what we can do to teams, he isn't a defender he is a midfield player, MIDFIELD, who's job for me is to help attack and help defend, ok some are going to do 1 more than the other but to not do anything on the going forward side cannot be ok in a team going for a title and for me it has shown in those games games we didn't score in that we are basically losing an option to get or create a goal, is anyone really scratching their heads as to why we are breaking goalscoring records without him in the side but can't break Stoke and Sunderland down when he plays ? he is just to big a negative on the whole side for him to ever start a game

Rodwell being fast is mostly immaterial playing that role and he simply isn't as reliable as Garcia in his distribution or positioning.

Stoke and Sunderland were away where seemingly none of our players can play well unless you're pinning all our away issues on Garcia.

We played without a defensive midfielder against Bayern and got slaughtered. We played Garcia against Chelsea (the best domestic team we've faced) and did well.

When we want someone to solidify a three man midfield, as we perhaps should against the elite teams, Javi is our best option.

NQCitizen said:
bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:

Rodwell being fast is mostly immaterial playing that role and he simply isn't as reliable as Garcia in his distribution or positioning.

Stoke and Sunderland were away where seemingly none of our players can play well unless you're pinning all our away issues on Garcia.

We played without a defensive midfielder against Bayern and got slaughtered. We played Garcia against Chelsea (the best domestic team we've faced) and did well.

When we want someone to solidify a three man midfield, as we perhaps should against the elite teams, Javi is our best option.

are you seriously going to use the Bayern game ? a game that Beckenbauer said was the best he has seen them play in 25-30 years ? really ? ask yourself if playing Garcia MIGHT just have a bad impact on the team when as a midfield player you are used to someone giving you the ball and then you are looking for his movement for the return and suddenly that option is gone, its snowballs through the whole side.
Did we beat Chelsea ? did we really carve out many clear cut chances ? ask yourself why we struggled to do that v a top 4 side and have had no problem getting chance after chance after chance v United and Spurs

bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:
bluemc1 said:

are you seriously going to use the Bayern game ? a game that Beckenbauer said was the best he has seen them play in 25-30 years ? really ? ask yourself if playing Garcia MIGHT just have a bad impact on the team when as a midfield player you are used to someone giving you the ball and then you are looking for his movement for the return and suddenly that option is gone, its snowballs through the whole side.
Did we beat Chelsea ? did we really carve out many clear cut chances ? ask yourself why we struggled to do that v a top 4 side and have had no problem getting chance after chance after chance v United and Spurs

Because they set up to frustrate us, we were away, Mourinho manages them, we didn't score after 15 seconds etc etc

A midfield 2 with Fernandinho should be fine, it should allow Fern to really run the show without having to cover so much for Yaya. Expecting a great game from Fernandinho tbh, got a feeling he'll get his first goal for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.