Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
Sure it does. You called him a midget. It's illustration of your bias altering your analysis.

Of course why didn't I see it...I'm biased....Garcia IS a great player after all. Phew.
Useful squad player I would say.

It's okay to have a fact wrong, you know? No real harm in it. You make some sweeping claims and they tend to be rather overstated.

It's ok for you to like Garcia without fixating on midgets. So we are cool....Garcia was out jumped by a guy 2 inches shorter than him which lead to a goal....hope that's better.

-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 pm --

Rascal said:
Cobwebcat said:
To me his only strength is he is always available for a pass and he knows what he wants to do before he receives it.

Its funny how you describe his strength.

To me that strength is the most important any footballer can have. If you keep the ball everything else in football is irrelevant.

Who had more possession when we played Spurs? What was the score? It's what you do with it that matters.

That's funny.

Probably bullshit, given its source, but ...

Napoli are tracking Manchester City anchorman Javi Garcia, according to sources in Italy.

Rafa Benitez, the Napoli manager, intends to sign a new central midfielder in the New Year and he is now weighing up a swoop for Spain international Garcia.

The 26-year-old, who moved to City from Benfica for £17m last year, has shown mixed form at the Etihad Stadium and looks unlikely to break up Manuel Pellegrini’s first-choice central-midfield pairing of Fernandinho and Yaya Toure.

talkSPORT told you earlier this month of Garcia’s intention to remain at City for a "long time", but Napoli hope that the presence of a Spanish manager and several of his compatriots, including Pepe Reina and Raul Albiol, could persuade him to leave the Etihad in the near future.

Garcia, who can also play in defence, has made five Premier League starts under Pellegrini this season.

TonyM said:
Still think he is one of the worst player I've ever seen play for City in over 20 years. Nice guy so I wish him well. Hopefully this January he'll find a club where he can succeed. Surely without squad and academy we can't be stuck for backup DM and if we are then buy a replacement (one with pace and the ability to tackle).

If you genuinely think he's the worst player we've had since 1993 you're insane.

He's fine in a midfield three. In a two his lack of pace is exposed and he'll always make mistakes at centre half but he's probably our 5th or 6th option there. Yes we overpaid and yes he's poor in a two but some of the stick he gets is way over the top.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Rascal said:
Lancet Fluke said:
That sounds incredibly profound but is absolute bollocks.

Yes to you probably.

But then the simplicity of the statement probably overwhelms you.

If you keep the ball you cannot concede, how is that bollocks?

Because the goal of a football match isn't to not concede, but to win. To say that "everything else in football is irrelevant" is ridiculous

You start with a point.

Why lose that point?

Very naive

Rascal said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Rascal said:
Yes to you probably.

Because the goal of a football match isn't to not concede, but to win. To say that "everything else in football is irrelevant" is ridiculous

You start with a point.

Why lose that point?

Very naive

Nobody is saying that it is bad to have possession but if you think that everything else is irrelevant then presumably you haven't seen us away from home much this season. Garcia has played plenty of matches away from home this season, our possession stats have been excellent and we have the away form of relegation candidates.

Rascal said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Rascal said:
Yes to you probably.

You start with a point.

Why lose that point?

Very naive

No one would go out to try and lose anything but almost every team in every game will have some sort of plan to try and win the game, and to do so they are going to need more of a plan than simply keeping the ball as "everything else in football is irrelevant"

Do we even have to carry on arguing over this one? Surely everyone, even you rascal with the benefit of hindsight, can see that there is much, much more to football than just keeping the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.