Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Rammy Blue said:
Right then, question to any poster that rates Garcia and his performance tonight.

Point out anything he did of a positive nature tonight plus defend his part in both of the Plzen goals.

It's not his job to create though. It's like criticising Aguero for his marking.

I didn;t ask what he created though. He was partially at fault for both of their goals - one for being too slow to get back and on the seond for being a mile away from their player who carried the ball forward. I can recall one decent pass forward in the second half and his early chance. Considering he apparently made 1 tackle in 90 mins then please tell me what it is that he exactly offers to the team?

You asked for something positive! So I explained to you that he doesn't need to be positive as it isn't his role.
If you're talking about something positive for the team, you said it yourself - he made a tackle. There's something "positive". He also had a decent enough effort in the first half.

To be a decent defensive midfielder, you don't need to be a 'destroyer' like de Jong; see the Xabi Alonso quote I posted the other day.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Rammy Blue said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
It's not his job to create though. It's like criticising Aguero for his marking.

I didn;t ask what he created though. He was partially at fault for both of their goals - one for being too slow to get back and on the seond for being a mile away from their player who carried the ball forward. I can recall one decent pass forward in the second half and his early chance. Considering he apparently made 1 tackle in 90 mins then please tell me what it is that he exactly offers to the team?

You asked for something positive! So I explained to you that he doesn't need to be positive as it isn't his role.
If you're talking about something positive for the team, you said it yourself - he made a tackle. There's something "positive". He also had a decent enough effort in the first half.

To be a decent defensive midfielder, you don't need to be a 'destroyer' like de Jong; see the Xabi Alonso quote I posted the other day.

it helps to be able to do that though and it was one of the things De Jong could do that Garcia can't and what makes him 10 times the player of Garcia, i also think De Jong played a huge role in the reason Alonso isn't keen on tackles

Rammy Blue said:
NQCitizen said:
Rammy Blue said:
Right then, question to any poster that rates Garcia and his performance tonight.

Point out anything he did of a positive nature tonight plus defend his part in both of the Plzen goals.

Was our most reliable user of the ball and filled in very well when players were out of their positions. Made a few longer forward passes too even had a decent shot.

Watched live at the ground but I don't remember him having any particular part in either goal.

Watch the replays.

I've already read some descriptions and they seem tenuous at best. 1. Too slow 2. Too far away.

From what I can remember Kolarov was way out of position for 1 and Lescott / Demichelis had a horrendous mix up for 2.

bluemc1 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Rammy Blue said:

it helps to be able to do that though and it was one of the things De Jong could do that Garcia can't and what makes him 10 times the player of Garcia, i also think De Jong played a huge role in the reason Alonso isn't keen on tackles

It's because Alonso didn't need to be.

I'll post it again, just because of how good it is, and it highlights why us English are so far behind the Spanish game.
"I don't think tackling is a quality. It is a recurso, something you have to resort to, not a characteristic of your game. At Liverpool I used to read the matchday programme and you'd read an interview with a lad from the youth team. They'd ask: age, heroes, strong points, etc. He'd reply: 'Shooting and tackling'. I can't get into my head that football development would educate tackling as a quality, something to learn, to teach, a characteristic of your play. How can that be a way of seeing the game? I just don't understand football in those terms. Tackling is a [last] resort, and you will need it, but it isn't a quality to aspire to, a definition. It's hard to change because it's so rooted in the English football culture, but I don't understand it."

bluemc1 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Rammy Blue said:

He performed a certain red card tackle in the biggest game of his career so seeing as Alonso is advocating intelligence I think he's playing into his hands.

bluemc1 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Rammy Blue said:

But Garcia is very strong in the tackle. De Jong was a one off, but Garcia is good at this. He's strong and usually wins most of his challenges

I can't think of any single great moment tonight. There were a couple of decisive interceptions in our own box, and a good early effort from a set piece which went narrowly wide, but my general impression was that he made a lot of accurate tidy passes and kept or game ticking over.

Defensively we were weak, but I don't think you can blame Garcia for that.

I'd prefer Milner to play central midfield. But I rate Garcia as a player. He's not going to beat a man and play many defence splitting passes, but he's a very solid and dependable defensive player and just accept him for what he is, and stop criticising him for things that he is not on the park to do

Marvin said:
bluemc1 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

But Garcia is very strong in the tackle. De Jong was a one off, but Garcia is good at this. He's strong and usually wins most of his challenges

I can't think of any single great moment tonight. There were a couple of decisive interceptions in our own box, and a good early effort from a set piece which went narrowly wide, but my general impression was that he made a lot of accurate tidy passes and kept or game ticking over.

Defensively we were weak, but I don't think you can blame Garcia for that.

I'd prefer Milner to play central midfield. But I rate Garcia as a player. He's not going to beat a man and play many defence splitting passes, but he's a very solid and dependable defensive player and just accept him for what he is, and stop criticising him for things that he is not on the park to do

But then we wouldn't know the incredible unbounded wit of many posters with pacy dead relatives.

NQCitizen said:
bluemc1 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

He performed a certain red card tackle in the biggest game of his career so seeing as Alonso is advocating intelligence I think he's playing into his hands.

I watched him closely tonight. He had an ok game.

Passed it quickly forward a number of times which I hadn't noticed before. I thought his main negative tonight was that there were a few occasions where he had to tackle but didn't and even ran away from one player to avoid it. It struck me perhaps he is afraid he may get hurt.

Fair play tonight though he was ok overall. I can see a few of his attributes but I'd still like him replaced overall and I can't think ill change.

Our back four all had worse games.

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
bluemc1 said:

Passed it quickly forward a number of times which I hadn't noticed before. I thought his main negative tonight was that there were a few occasions where he had to tackle but didn't and even ran away from one player to avoid it. It struck me perhaps he is afraid he may get hurt.

Fair play tonight though he was ok overall. I can see a few of his attributes but I'd still like him replaced overall and I can't think ill change.

That's a pretty fair appraisal. I was quietly impressed with him and certainly didn't doubt what I already thought of him. Thought he played with a bit more confidence than usual, took a few more risks and they paid off in his passing.

NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:

That's a pretty fair appraisal. I was quietly impressed with him and certainly didn't doubt what I already thought of him. Thought he played with a bit more confidence than usual, took a few more risks and they paid off in his passing.

On an entirely light hearted note I also realised who he reminds me of in his looks and movement.......it's the cartoon character King Rollo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.