Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtach their first goal last night and see how García is just ambling back halfheartedly. And when the ball goes in he raises his arms and looks at someone else (Kolarov? Lescott?) as if to blame them.

Too slow for this level, I'm afraid. And he's never a midfielder.

No tactical understanding unfortunately. First goal, running in no man's land instead of trying to follow his man and intercept the pass.

That we let Barry go was a very strange decision, although there might have been other reasons behind. Barry wasn't quick but his reading of the game, ball control, passing, defending, everything was better compared to Javi.

It's obvious that Garcia was a panic buy and most probably he will leave in January. Seems like a decent bloke but not good enough for this level. You shouldn't have to be surprised if a player has a decent game, but that is exactly what I feel about him.

I'm sure this is an area that will be strengthened in January, should contact Pep and ask if he could sell one of his 10 central midfielders.

noirish said:
It's obvious that Garcia was a panic buy and most probably he will leave in January.
"Probably"?
Any particular reason to think this or is it just on your wish list?
Having missed out on Marrtinez and DDR in summer 12, we took Javi Garcia.
He's a poor third to them and I'm sure we overpaid for a him but he seems to have a role in the squad and seems to be settling into it a bit.
Will never be a favourite here but as we need depth at DM and Rodders continues to struggle with fitness we need Javi until we have a better option.

Think he gets a lot of unjustified stick on here however he certainly isn't the type of player who we need to get to the next level.
His lack of pace seriously kills him and would be far more suited to Italian,Spanish football.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Think he gets a lot of unjustified stick on here however he certainly isn't the type of player who we need to get to the next level.
His lack of pace seriously kills him and would be far more suited to Italian,Spanish football.
You're right but players like Garcia and Borini/ Giacherinni at Sunderland prefer to play less often or at a lesser club than in Spain/Italy presumably because the money is better, the football and atmosphere is more enjoyable to play in and because many of their compatriots are here so settling among a group of such players is possible nowadays.

Marvin said:
bluemc1 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
You asked for something positive! So I explained to you that he doesn't need to be positive as it isn't his role.
If you're talking about something positive for the team, you said it yourself - he made a tackle. There's something "positive". He also had a decent enough effort in the first half.

To be a decent defensive midfielder, you don't need to be a 'destroyer' like de Jong; see the Xabi Alonso quote I posted the other day.

it helps to be able to do that though and it was one of the things De Jong could do that Garcia can't and what makes him 10 times the player of Garcia, i also think De Jong played a huge role in the reason Alonso isn't keen on tackles
But Garcia is very strong in the tackle. De Jong was a one off, but Garcia is good at this. He's strong and usually wins most of his challenges

I can't think of any single great moment tonight. There were a couple of decisive interceptions in our own box, and a good early effort from a set piece which went narrowly wide, but my general impression was that he made a lot of accurate tidy passes and kept or game ticking over.

Defensively we were weak, but I don't think you can blame Garcia for that.

I'd prefer Milner to play central midfield. But I rate Garcia as a player. He's not going to beat a man and play many defence splitting passes, but he's a very solid and dependable defensive player and just accept him for what he is, and stop criticising him for things that he is not on the park to do

I've said before its not Garcias fault, im criticising the fact we have someone playing who is hugely limited in what they offer the team, if Milner or Rodwell were in his role would people be saying they were playing to score or set goals up ? no, but is there a chance that even in that role they could do just that ? yes. being so stuck fast on "well its not his job to do any of that" is just fxxking daft

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

As a centre mid, a player can get away with not having pace or a burst of speed if he can read the game

Unfortunately Garcia can't, which is why so many times we see him two yards behind an opposition player who's bearing down on our penalty area

bluemc1 said:
Marvin said:
bluemc1 said:
it helps to be able to do that though and it was one of the things De Jong could do that Garcia can't and what makes him 10 times the player of Garcia, i also think De Jong played a huge role in the reason Alonso isn't keen on tackles
But Garcia is very strong in the tackle. De Jong was a one off, but Garcia is good at this. He's strong and usually wins most of his challenges

I can't think of any single great moment tonight. There were a couple of decisive interceptions in our own box, and a good early effort from a set piece which went narrowly wide, but my general impression was that he made a lot of accurate tidy passes and kept or game ticking over.

Defensively we were weak, but I don't think you can blame Garcia for that.

I'd prefer Milner to play central midfield. But I rate Garcia as a player. He's not going to beat a man and play many defence splitting passes, but he's a very solid and dependable defensive player and just accept him for what he is, and stop criticising him for things that he is not on the park to do

I've said before its not Garcias fault, im criticising the fact we have someone playing who is hugely limited in what they offer the team, if Milner or Rodwell were in his role would people be saying they were playing to score or set goals up ? no, but is there a chance that even in that role they could do just that ? yes. being so stuck fast on "well its not his job to do any of that" is just fxxking daft

What it is definitely 'his job' to do, is offer protection in front of the defence, which he only basically does, when it's easy to do so. As soon as it's a bit tricky & we need someone to see danger & snuff it out before it develops (like Barry used to do) he is fucked. As soon as someone moves the ball quickly, he is fucked. As soon as someone runs with pace, he is caught, out of position, EVERY FUCKING TIME, & leaves the central defenders 1v1 to sort it out. Sometimes, he arrives just as the defender wins the tackle, gets in the fucking way, & shins the ball back into the danger area.

He is useless on the ball, but of course that's not why we signed him. We signed him to protect the defence, a job at which he is also useless.

The lack of pace is alarming but the lack of urgency is a disgrace. He may be slow, he can't help that but when chasing back he should be runnning as fast as he can and not just jogging. I made a real effort to focus on him last night, to try to see the point of view of those who rate him. He is tidy enough in possession although nearly every ball went sideways or backwards but he did make one or two reasonable forward passes. Once or twice he showed a bit of urgency and closed people down and got in blocks. But almost every time that they caused us problems and were attacking our back four, Garcia was not shielding the defence but just jogging 5-10 yards behind play with no urgency to get back. Time and again he offered pretty much no protection to the back four at all. Seriously, I take no pleasure in slating him, I genuinely wish he was good but he is an utterly pointless player imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.