Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Why are you comparing him with players that aren't defensive midfielders?

Lets have a look at this, besides the point that no self respecting footballer is happy to be on the bench for more games than they start.

Lucas 10 starts out of 12 games
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/lucas/leistungsdaten/spieler_41414.html

Cheikh Tiote 10 starts out of 12 games.

Injury was the reason for the both of the above players' absence from their respective teams.

John Obi Mikel 4/12 starts. Yes but is he that much better than Garcia, he does much the same job.

Michael Essien, troubled with injuries and probably has a good financial package at Chelsea on a long contract. Irrelevant to even consider him.

Osman, again not a defensive midfielder in any real sense and he is a regular in the Everton team, out of 13 (possible) games he started 11 and came off the bench in the other two.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/leon-osman/leistungsdaten/spieler_3620.html

Dembele is not a proper DM but has made an appearance in all 12 Premier league games for Spurs, he started in 8 and came of the bench in the other 4.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/moussa-dembele/leistungsdaten/spieler_19368.html

Morrison at WBA is hardly what we are looking for. Flamini was out of contract after injuries, Huddlestone also had injury problems and was unwanted (still not up to our level anyway)

Gary Medel is Cardiff's record signing at £11 million, for a hot headed destroyer who lacks composure, it is generous to describe that deal as relative peanuts.

Capoue another one who has had injuries and was displaced in the side by the returning Sandro, but I will give you that one.

So out of your whole list only 2 meet the criteria, (you can't include Essien, if you are serious) and one was injured for 3 games anyway.

Try again.

Yeah, I'm with this guy, couldn't have answered better myself. Nice one Rocket.
I think my original point still stands - we won't find a markedly better player who is as willing to occupy that role in the squad.

but your point is saying we ACTUALLY NEED having a role for someone who does fuck all

How many CMs do we have? Five, but one has long standing injury issues so we can't rely on him and considering Milner is 4th choice AM we are even lighter there if we sell Garcia.

If we replace him we do it with a similar level of player but one suited to our style, and one capable of playing in a two man midfield, or we break the bank. NDJ is a worshipped on here and some are still lamenting his loss, but the fact is even is not really suited to playing in a two man midfield particularly with our new style. I would love to sign a ball playing DM who can get stuck in as well, Mascherano would be my first pick but then signing him is not without difficulty, he left England because his family weren't settled, and he is now an important player for Barca (even playing at CB) because of Gerard Pique's decline. Another player I like is Fernando Lucas Martins at Shakhtar, he was Fernandinho's replacement there and once he adapts to European football he would be a great addition to our squad and fit in with our new style very comfortably.

Ray78 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Ray78 said:
My school of thought is if you have nothing 'nice' to say somebody then say nothing :). However my record has been inconsistent recently so my guard could slip. Still if does go then we have to look at a better replacement.

Thank God you're not running the forum then!

And you as well ;).

You're right, I'd ban people far too soon, like Gooner2.

So you don't believe in constructive criticism or the right to discuss peoples weaknesses, we all have them after all, even Aguero.

Ray78 said:
Thank God you're not running the forum then!

And you as well ;).

So you don't believe in constructive criticism or the right to discuss peoples weaknesses, we all have them after all, even Aguero.

Absolutely not. There is no player is free from criticism.

Ray78 said:
Ray78 said:
And you as well ;).

Absolutely no player is free from criticism.

Wrong. Sergio and Merlin aren't allowed to be criticised. It's the law.

Lancet Fluke said:
Ray78 said:

Absolutely not as no player is free from criticism.

Even Sam's dead grandma?

Yep.

Tim of the Oak said:
grim up north said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
£10 Million would be amazing, he's been a piss poor signing, hasn't been one game where he has stood out.

According to most on here he stands out every game

Too slow for our style of play. Good luck at your next club. Thanks for all the effort.

Thought he'd turned the corner, Arsenal away last year, but it turned out to be a false dawn.
I now agree with those who say "Who or what did we think we were buying". Because i'm sure
it was a lot more than he has delivered.

Rammy Blue said:
Ray78 said:

I would of love him to score more and his goals would of helped take the pressure off our strikers and cut the rags points total last season imo. He is one of my favourite City players.

Ray78 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Ray78 said:

I would of love him to score more and his goals would of helped take the pressure off our strikers and cut the rags points total last season imo.

1bodysnatchers.jpg

FantasyIreland said:
Behave yourself,there are better players at many other prem clubs who do exactly that.

Lucas at Liverpool,Tiote at Newcastle,Osman at Everton,Mikel and Essien at Chelski,Dembele and Capoue at Spuds,Cleverly at the Rags,Morrison at WBA

Then you have the likes of Flamini,Huddleston and Medel,although more regulars,signed for relative peanuts by their clubs.

The list goes on........

Rammy has it spot on - he's wank.

Tiote hahaha, go on tell us another one.

Dembele is massively overrated. And as for Cleverley, you must be on drugs if you rate him, utter fraud of a player<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:56 am --<br /><br />
grim up north said:
Rammy Blue said:
He's fucking wank.

Glad to see your carrying on with your constructive criticism

He's incapable of posting anything reasonable, whatever you do don't post any stats or it'll provoke another shitfit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.