Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:
Yeah, I'm with this guy, couldn't have answered better myself. Nice one Rocket.
I think my original point still stands - we won't find a markedly better player who is as willing to occupy that role in the squad.

but your point is saying we ACTUALLY NEED having a role for someone who does fuck all

How many CMs do we have? Five, but one has long standing injury issues so we can't rely on him and considering Milner is 4th choice AM we are even lighter there if we sell Garcia.

If we replace him we do it with a similar level of player but one suited to our style, and one capable of playing in a two man midfield, or we break the bank. NDJ is a worshipped on here and some are still lamenting his loss, but the fact is even is not really suited to playing in a two man midfield particularly with our new style. I would love to sign a ball playing DM who can get stuck in as well, Mascherano would be my first pick but then signing him is not without difficulty, he left England because his family weren't settled, and he is now an important player for Barca (even playing at CB) because of Gerard Pique's decline. Another player I like is Fernando Lucas Martins at Shakhtar, he was Fernandinho's replacement there and once he adapts to European football he would be a great addition to our squad and fit in with our new style very comfortably.

Not a bad selection there. I'd take a look at Schneiderlein, great player but at not so high level he wouldn't mind sitting on our bench here and there. Milanov at CSKA looks quite a player too but I haven't seen a lot of him admittedly. The other day I suggested Inler but he is getting on a bit.

Berkovic_blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Behave yourself,there are better players at many other prem clubs who do exactly that.

Lucas at Liverpool,Tiote at Newcastle,Osman at Everton,Mikel and Essien at Chelski,Dembele and Capoue at Spuds,Cleverly at the Rags,Morrison at WBA

Then you have the likes of Flamini,Huddleston and Medel,although more regulars,signed for relative peanuts by their clubs.

The list goes on........

Rammy has it spot on - he's wank.

Tiote hahaha, go on tell us another one.

Dembele is massively overrated. And as for Cleverley, you must be on drugs if you rate him, utter fraud of a player

I agree that Cleverly and Tiote are both poor. Neither of them worse than Garcia though, very possibly both better. united's midfield might be shit but I don't reckon Garcia would get in it.

Lancet Fluke said:
Berkovic_blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Behave yourself,there are better players at many other prem clubs who do exactly that.

Lucas at Liverpool,Tiote at Newcastle,Osman at Everton,Mikel and Essien at Chelski,Dembele and Capoue at Spuds,Cleverly at the Rags,Morrison at WBA

Then you have the likes of Flamini,Huddleston and Medel,although more regulars,signed for relative peanuts by their clubs.

The list goes on........

Rammy has it spot on - he's wank.

Tiote hahaha, go on tell us another one.

Dembele is massively overrated. And as for Cleverley, you must be on drugs if you rate him, utter fraud of a player

I agree that Cleverly and Tiote are both poor. Neither of them worse than Garcia though, very possibly both better. united's midfield might be shit but I don't reckon Garcia would get in it.

I think he'd actually solve a few of their problems. Good passer, good in the air, tactically astute but would be supported as part of a 3 man mid, allowing him just to screen as attacks developed then distribute the ball as they picked possession.

I hope Javier gets a run out today. About the 65th minute hopefully at 4-0 up, to give one of the others a leg rest. Go on JG lad, run around a lot!

When he's not involved we normally win. When he is involved we normally don't. Could be coincidence but I think it's at least a factor.

I'm not even sure we have to replace him though it would free up some money to buy a DM if required. If we can't sell him to Napoli in January then I'd loan him out.....just so Pelle isn't tempted to check one last time!

Looking at the sheer quality that came in last window I'm happy to say I don't think there will be too many panic buys like Garcia again.

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:
Shelvey cost a third of his price and proved today he is twice the player.

Kolo Toure cost Arsenal £150,000.

Therefore he is the greatest player ever.

I'm happy we don't have Shelvey in our squad! GOD he waste A LOT of shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.