Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bored this evening and decided to look at our goals for and against when Garcia is on the pitch and not on it. In the league we have played 807 minutes without Garcia, scored 32 conceded 5. We have played 453 minutes with Garcia in which we have scored 8 and conceded 9. So without Garcia we have scored every 25 minutes and with him scored every 57 minutes. Without Garcia we have conceded every 161 minutes and with him conceded every 50 minutes.

Lancet Fluke said:
I was bored this evening and decided to look at our goals for and against when Garcia is on the pitch and not on it. In the league we have played 807 minutes without Garcia, scored 32 conceded 5. We have played 453 minutes with Garcia in which we have scored 8 and conceded 9. So without Garcia we have scored every 25 minutes and with him scored every 57 minutes. Without Garcia we have conceded every 161 minutes and with him conceded every 50 minutes.

Seeing as he comes on when we are coasting or starts when our defence is hit by injuries those stats are not particularly surprising.

Fernandinho is in some ways our biggest miss when absent.

NQCitizen said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Seeing as he comes on when we are coasting or starts when our defence is hit by injuries those stats are not particularly surprising.

I'm not surprised either but for a different reason. He puts the whole team under pressure when he is on the pitch and we concede as a result. Either he is affecting our performances negatively or it's one hell of a coincidence.

NQCitizen said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Oh I know stats can only tell you so much and you can take from them what you want. Someone else posted some stat on this thread a week or two ago about how we average less than a point a game when he starts and 2.5 per game when he doesn't. Again there are all sorts of ways of interpretting that info and potentially mitigating circumstances. Personally, I think he's poor and that the stats bear that out but as you suggest there are obviously all sorts of extraneous variables.

If we had looked purely at stats at the end of last season, we would play Dzeko every minute of every game because the stats "proved" he was far superior to Aguero.

An extreme example to be sure, but it's simply illustrative that some stats mean very little.

As I've said, he's suited to a midfield three and a squad player at that. We won't profit though trying to pin others' failures on him.

taconinja said:
If we had looked purely at stats at the end of last season, we would play Dzeko every minute of every game because the stats "proved" he was far superior to Aguero.

An extreme example to be sure, but it's simply illustrative that some stats mean very little.

As I've said, he's suited to a midfield three and a squad player at that. We won't profit though trying to pin others' failures on him.
he's suited to a bloody transfer, unless you think this summer's activity gives an indicator that there's nobody in txiki's little black book that could do a better job.
wouldn't be the first time we'd paid somebody to take a player off our hands.

aguero93:20 said:
taconinja said:

he's suited to a bloody transfer, unless you think this summer's activity gives an indicator that there's nobody in txiki's little black book that could do a better job.
Isn't it nice then that I said he should be sold?

taconinja said:
taconinja said:

its nice. you're nice. you agree with me on this.

taconinja said:
its nice. you're nice. you agree with me on this.
Indeed. Too many looking for a scrap after a very nice win. Sit back. Enjoy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.