Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
'he stays in his position and keeps the ball ticking when it's passed to him'

Yep,thats about the size of his 'talent'

Its criminally limited considering we rely on him to take some of the burden off our first choice players.He's slow,immobile and lacking any agility,he's purely a one trick pony and its not a particularly valuable,effective or unique one.

This lad should be nowhere near a championship chasing first team,he just doesn't have the armoury.

FantasyIreland said:

Its criminally limited considering we rely on him to take some of the burden off our first choice players.He's slow,immobile and lacking any agility,he's purely a one trick pony and its not a particularly valuable,effective or unique one.

This lad should be nowhere near a championship chasing first team,he just doesn't have the armoury.
He's the only bench player we have that can do it.

taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:
Lancet Fluke said:
You almost never add a fucking thing to any debate, it's just snidey, sarcastic remarks about other people's opinions or implying that people are somehow stupid for daring to have an opinion even if people are attempting to be constructive in their criticism whilst you seem to have no constructive opinion yourself. I don't know why you even come on here, you're so tedious it is excruciating.

Hmmm you've spotted that too then. It's a shame as I like to read why posters such as NQCitizen like Garcia even if I don't ultimately agree; but to just post "boring" and offering no opinion other than the manager is always right so who are we to question is bizarre.

There is just no point him being here unless he seems himself as a mod wannabe but even then the mods have opinions of their own that are not always religiously pro everything City.

I just wish he would notice its a forum for opinions and that questioning the ability of a player does not make us anti-city or stupid. At the end of the day we all want what's best for city and it would be very boring if we all agreed how to go about it.

Come on Grim Up North join in and say why you like Garcia it won't make you disloyal....
Well if you want to go this route, perhaps you should exercise a little fairness and talk about Rammy's posts. They add so much to the discussion.

-- Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:16 pm --

Lancet Fluke said:
taconinja said:
Surely you're not as simple as this. Different players are suited to different roles. Milner isn't very good centrally in a midfield three. He's much more suited to a flat 4-4-2 when in central midfield because long, diagonal passes are a strength of his. Yaya can only work in as open a midfield as we play if he has several key elements of support, ie a partner with amazing stamina and central defenders who can step up comfortably on the ball. If he doesn't have that, he struggles because he's poor at getting back. See? Different players have different attributes.

I don't know if I am simple, if you think I am that's fine. The point is I do believe this issue is simple because I don't believe he is any better in a three man midfield than he is in a two man midfield. He is obviously less exposed in a three man midfield, his complete and utter ineffectiveness may be less obvious but he as a footballer (imo) does no more and performs no better in a three man midfield. He still can't tackle, he still can't close down, he still doesn't read the game especially well and his passing while tidy enough is still by and large just short sideways and backward balls that any professional footballer should be able to complete. So whilst I agree that if he plays, he needs to be in a three man midfield, I completely disagree that he personally is actually any better in a three man midfield. I completely understand that some players are more suited to different roles because other players have strengths and weaknesses therefore some systems will bring out those strengths and other systems will expose those weaknesses but I don't believe this to be the case with Garcia because I don't think he has any particular strengths. Tell me how you think he excels in a three man midfield, what magnificent qualities does he bring to the game that he doesn't in a two man midfield?
No, I've seen you contribute well to discussions. It's why it's surprising that you're posting such oddly limited opinions on this subject.

As another player stated, he stays in his position and keeps the ball ticking when it's passed to him. He has a good understanding when he's on the same pitch as Yaya and Fernandinho at the same time. Put some of our more loved players in that position and they'll be in the attacking third and we'll be fucked although I suspect some of our fans would like that because it shows "bravery." Of course what some call bravery, I often think of as rank stupidity.

Rammy at least has an opinion and he expresses them in different ways sure ;-)

It was me who says Garcia keeps things ticking over too page 124 or thereabouts but that's not enough to justify his position in our squad. A good DM should do so much more. Yes someone like Milner might charge upfield when he should stay but Garcia does nothing helpful by staying as he lets the opposition straight by him and they are on our back four in no time. So when the opposition has the ball he offers nothing going forward or staying back.

The poster had it right when he said he grabs at players running past him and often arrives so late that he gets in the way of a clearance and knocks it back into a danger area.

He's obviously a player with merit but he's not suited to us and his presence on the pitch is costing us points and in a very close league that's something to care about if you want us to win...which we rarely do when he features.

Cobwebcat said:
Lancet Fluke said:
grim up north said:
At the end of the day it's down to one persons opinion if he is good enough to play. All the pontificating on here whether player x y z is fucking wank or the best thing since sliced bread is irrelevant but it's fun reading some of our expert opinions. What is blatantly obvious is why some people manage premier league teams and others stack shelves in Tesco and play on their xbox

You almost never add a fucking thing to any debate, it's just snidey, sarcastic remarks about other people's opinions or implying that people are somehow stupid for daring to have an opinion even if people are attempting to be constructive in their criticism whilst you seem to have no constructive opinion yourself. I don't know why you even come on here, you're so tedious it is excruciating.

Hmmm you've spotted that too then. It's a shame as I like to read why posters such as NQCitizen like Garcia even if I don't ultimately agree; but to just post "boring" and offering no opinion other than the manager is always right so who are we to question is bizarre.

There is just no point him being here unless he seems himself as a mod wannabe but even then the mods have opinions of their own that are not always religiously pro everything City.

I just wish he would notice its a forum for opinions and that questioning the ability of a player does not make us anti-city or stupid. At the end of the day we all want what's best for city and it would be very boring if we all agreed how to go about it.

Come on Grim Up North join in and say why you like Garcia it won't make you disloyal....

good point that, i really disagree with NQCitizen on the Garcia front, but i give him full respect for the way he handles himself

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:

Well if you want to go this route, perhaps you should exercise a little fairness and talk about Rammy's posts. They add so much to the discussion.

Lancet Fluke said:
I don't know if I am simple, if you think I am that's fine. The point is I do believe this issue is simple because I don't believe he is any better in a three man midfield than he is in a two man midfield. He is obviously less exposed in a three man midfield, his complete and utter ineffectiveness may be less obvious but he as a footballer (imo) does no more and performs no better in a three man midfield. He still can't tackle, he still can't close down, he still doesn't read the game especially well and his passing while tidy enough is still by and large just short sideways and backward balls that any professional footballer should be able to complete. So whilst I agree that if he plays, he needs to be in a three man midfield, I completely disagree that he personally is actually any better in a three man midfield. I completely understand that some players are more suited to different roles because other players have strengths and weaknesses therefore some systems will bring out those strengths and other systems will expose those weaknesses but I don't believe this to be the case with Garcia because I don't think he has any particular strengths. Tell me how you think he excels in a three man midfield, what magnificent qualities does he bring to the game that he doesn't in a two man midfield?
No, I've seen you contribute well to discussions. It's why it's surprising that you're posting such oddly limited opinions on this subject.

As another player stated, he stays in his position and keeps the ball ticking when it's passed to him. He has a good understanding when he's on the same pitch as Yaya and Fernandinho at the same time. Put some of our more loved players in that position and they'll be in the attacking third and we'll be fucked although I suspect some of our fans would like that because it shows "bravery." Of course what some call bravery, I often think of as rank stupidity.

It was me who says Garcia keeps things ticking over too page 124 or thereabouts but that's not enough to justify his position in our squad. A good DM should do so much more. Yes someone like Milner might charge upfield when he should stay but Garcia does nothing helpful by staying as he lets the opposition straight by him and they are on our back four in no time. So when the opposition has the ball he offers nothing going forward or staying back.

The poster had it right when he said he grabs at players running past him and often arrives so late that he gets in the way of a clearance and knocks it back into a danger area.

He's obviously a player with merit but he's not suited to us and his presence on the pitch is costing us points and in a very close league that's something to care about if you want us to win...which we rarely do when he features.
And that's a fair opinion. I think we need to purchase a young midfielder or bring one out of the academy to do what he does but with a bit more pace. At the moment, he's what we've got.

taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:

And that's a fair opinion. I think we need to purchase a young midfielder or bring one out of the academy to do what he does but with a bit more pace. At the moment, he's what we've got.

Doesn't even have to be defensive minded IMHO another Fernandinho would do the job

taconinja said:
FantasyIreland said:

Well then that just proves what a shallow squad we have.We desperately need a player who performs the protective/calming role as well as one that provides extra abilities when required - for 16m I was under the impression we had found such.......

Recognising Garcia's lack of attributes and contribution doesn't make anyone less of a Blue.

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:

Doesn't even have to be defensive minded IMHO another Fernandinho would do the job
I didn't intend "defensive minded." More disciplined tactically and positionally in a similar way to Garcia, but younger and can slot into the midfield two we play if necessary. They're out there. Finding one that is willing to mostly sit on the bench is the trick, though.

FantasyIreland said:
taconinja said:
FantasyIreland said:

Well then that just proves what a shallow squad we have.We desperately need a player who performs the protective/calming role as well as one that provides extra abilities when required - for 16m I was under the impression we had found such.......

Recognising Garcia's lack of attributes and contribution doesn't make anyone less of a Blue.

No doubts about it but at least give him some support until he is sold.

FantasyIreland said:
taconinja said:
FantasyIreland said:

I don't think you'll find me saying anyone here is less of a Blue. Now if this were the Dzeko discussion...

Anyway, I'm not fussed about cost. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.