Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemc1 said:
Cobwebcat said:
Lancet Fluke said:
You almost never add a fucking thing to any debate, it's just snidey, sarcastic remarks about other people's opinions or implying that people are somehow stupid for daring to have an opinion even if people are attempting to be constructive in their criticism whilst you seem to have no constructive opinion yourself. I don't know why you even come on here, you're so tedious it is excruciating.

Hmmm you've spotted that too then. It's a shame as I like to read why posters such as NQCitizen like Garcia even if I don't ultimately agree; but to just post "boring" and offering no opinion other than the manager is always right so who are we to question is bizarre.

There is just no point him being here unless he seems himself as a mod wannabe but even then the mods have opinions of their own that are not always religiously pro everything City.

I just wish he would notice its a forum for opinions and that questioning the ability of a player does not make us anti-city or stupid. At the end of the day we all want what's best for city and it would be very boring if we all agreed how to go about it.

Come on Grim Up North join in and say why you like Garcia it won't make you disloyal....

good point that, i really disagree with NQCitizen on the Garcia front, but i give him full respect for the way he handles himself

Ah cheers guys. There's been some good debates on Garcia.

I think he's the most interesting player to discuss because I feel he is composed almost entirely of attributes that are criminally underrated imo. It's a niche role but I think that he's pretty good at the screening role in a 3. I still don't think he's made a horrendous error yet.

The best thing about him though is his attitude - one of the best squad players going. Not many former Champions League captains in their prime (who are quite respected outside of England) would have the professionalism to do that.

NQCitizen said:
bluemc1 said:
Cobwebcat said:
Hmmm you've spotted that too then. It's a shame as I like to read why posters such as NQCitizen like Garcia even if I don't ultimately agree; but to just post "boring" and offering no opinion other than the manager is always right so who are we to question is bizarre.

There is just no point him being here unless he seems himself as a mod wannabe but even then the mods have opinions of their own that are not always religiously pro everything City.

I just wish he would notice its a forum for opinions and that questioning the ability of a player does not make us anti-city or stupid. At the end of the day we all want what's best for city and it would be very boring if we all agreed how to go about it.

Come on Grim Up North join in and say why you like Garcia it won't make you disloyal....

good point that, i really disagree with NQCitizen on the Garcia front, but i give him full respect for the way he handles himself

I think he's the most interesting player to discuss because I feel he is composed almost entirely of attributes that are criminally underrated imo. It's a niche role but I think that he's pretty good at the screening role in a 3. I still don't think he's made a horrendous error yet.

The best thing about him though is his attitude - one of the best squad players going. Not many former Champions League captains in their prime (who are quite respected outside of England) would have the professionalism to do that.

Garcia would need to catch up with play to make a horrendous error.

Yes he is decent at screening and good in the air but we need a bit more. Watching Dortmund and Bayern last season they not only screen but harass the opponents into mistakes.

Tim of the Oak said:
NQCitizen said:
bluemc1 said:

Garcia would need to catch up with play to make a horrendous error.

Yes he is decent at screening and good in the air but we need a bit more. Watching Dortmund and Bayern last season they not only screen but harass the opponents into mistakes.

That's completely fair. Still if we brought in one top quality midfielder to rotate I think Garcia would be an asset to have further down the pecking order.

I never really advocate him being a starter but I think he's a valuable squad player particularly because of his attitude. Especially when players like Richards complain when spending a bit of the time on the bench.

When he came on he made a few important interceptions today, he isnt good enough long term but fair play today for the short time he was on did well !

Javi Garcia in action today:

Traffic_Cone_gallery_display.jpg

Don't rate him long term but was decent enough whilst he was on the pitch today. More effective than Yaya that's for sure.

With the ball he is average or less than average- he nearly always takes safe option with very accurate passing, without the ball he is better than average as he reads a game well, is good in the air and covers the area in front of back four well.

As a center half he is crap, as a midfielder in a 442 he is crap ( tho today he was ok)

For a defensive midfielder he doesn't tackle, his pass % is good but his passing game is not expansive and he always seems to need an extra touch.

He is beyond himself here but it's a case of getting the right top class replacement and that may need to wait till the summer due to availability, no point signing on a slight upgrade for the sake of it in Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.