Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog shit in the first half but fair play to him, probably his best 45 minutes for us since he's been here in the second half.

Key difference was he was really looking to break up play, using good positioning and his strength to do so. Also looked to pass forward more and quicker.

If he can do this regularly, it allows Fern to press forward more and gives us a whole new dimension.

But yeah as someone said before, I'd sell him off the back of this performance lol.

Very good second half from him tonight.

The problem with Javi is that he will never be able to be an effective squad player unless we start playing with 3 in the middle every game. He's a decent player but due to his lack of pace he cant play in a two man midfield.

Therefore he cant come in to cover Yaya or even worse, Fernandinho. Imagine that..Yaya and Garcia in a two man midfield, the laziness and slowness would kill me.

Should be moved on in the summer for a more mobile holding midfielder such as Matuidi or Pogba. In the meantime, lets hope he continues to play like he did in the second half so that we can get a decent price for him.

Yep build him up and sell him.

Performances like tonight show that he can add value, but he's too inflexible and I doubt he can do it with any consistency.

It's the one position we need a lot of class in and currently the drop off from Fernandinho and Yaya (although not really in Europe for him) is huge. We need mobility and more speed whilst maintaining strong technical ability in the area.

Given the demand and shortage for DM's, I feel we can gain an inflated fee for him which probably doesn't represent his actual ability.

Fair to say like most blues I am not a Garcia fan and was giving him dogs abuse in the first half tonight.
However in the second half he was like a different guy and played really well, even making tackles and winning the ball.
Unfortunately, as a previous poster mentioned, he is lost in a 2 man midfield.

Bentheblue said:
Fair to say like most blues I am not a Garcia fan and was giving him dogs abuse in the first half tonight.
However in the second half he was like a different guy and played really well, even making tackles and winning the ball.

It was a 2 man midfield for quite a bit of that half.

NQCitizen said:
Bentheblue said:

It was a 2 man midfield for quite a bit of that half.

There is always a "but" with the doubters, isn't there?

THAT performance is exactly why he is part of the squad. How many defensive midfielders can say they out-thought the Bayern midfield?

Headless chicken in the first 60 mins. Reminds me of a clock work toy moving at different directions. However improved last 30 mins. Still a very poor player IN THIS TEAM.

Played very well from 2-2 but before that it was one of his worst games for us in that his passing, which is normally his strength, was poor.

Still at least it proves he isn't a jinx and he can say he featured in one of the club's best ever wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.