Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good game tonight - still dont see him as a regular starter but he allows Ferdy a bit more licence to roam forward and it seems to work well.

think some fans are getting way too excited about his performance tonight. Still several misplace/underhit passes and some suspect defending from him at times (remember when Thiago just pretty much walked round him). A much improved second half though.

Is he good enough to be a regular in this team? never

Is he good enough to be a squad player? no

Did he have a good game tonight? Yes

Quiet first half,but completely different second half was getting stuck in,to be fair don't think i have ever seen him lap out of a tackle,think it was dante and martinez he went toe to toe with a few times...

Armaan said:
Will do well with Dinho, never with Yaya.
This is exactly what I came on this thread to post.

Yaya and Garcia have proved to be easy to be bypassed.

Crazy how Garcia looks a different player and pace isn't so much exposed when next to a player that works hard for the team. Garcia is slow, but does more defensive work than Yaya

Honestly, I don't think if Yaya had played instead of Garcia that we would have been so resolute defensively.

Not a big Garcia fan, but credit where it's due. Good performance.

mansour's tow ropes said:
think some fans are getting way too excited about his performance tonight. Still several misplace/underhit passes and some suspect defending from him at times (remember when Thiago just pretty much walked round him). A much improved second half though.

Is he good enough to be a regular in this team? never

Is he good enough to be a squad player? no

Did he have a good game tonight? Yes
well I'm usually very hard on him, but he's got a free pass for a while, I hope its not a short while.
he's quick enough when he sprints, should do it more often, very impressive 2nd half tonight.

Jumanji said:
Armaan said:

Crazy how Garcia looks a different player and pace isn't so much exposed when next to a player that works hard for the team. Garcia is slow, but does more defensive work than Yaya

Honestly, I don't think if Yaya had played instead of Garcia that we would have been so resolute defensively.

Sometimes I think we should move Yaya to an attacking midfielder position exclusively. If only we could clone Fernandinho... ;)

He had a decent last 30 mins or so.

Still in no way good enough. We need a replacement in desperately. The question is do we wait for the summer or do we get a Tiote/Wanyama type in who can play in the CL?

taconinja said:
Jumanji said:
Armaan said:

Sometimes I think we should move Yaya to an attacking midfielder position exclusively. If only we could clone Fernandinho... ;)
You really would have to clone him to find another and that my friends is why he cost £30m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.