Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
taconinja said:
Jumanji said:
This is exactly what I came on this thread to post.

Yaya and Garcia have proved to be easy to be bypassed.

Crazy how Garcia looks a different player and pace isn't so much exposed when next to a player that works hard for the team. Garcia is slow, but does more defensive work than Yaya

Honestly, I don't think if Yaya had played instead of Garcia that we would have been so resolute defensively.

Not a big Garcia fan, but credit where it's due. Good performance.
Sometimes I think we should move Yaya to an attacking midfielder position exclusively. If only we could clone Fernandinho... ;)
You really would have to clone him to find another and that my friends is why he cost £30m.
True. I noticed that Javi Martinez started on the bench tonight. He's honestly in my opinion a superior version of Garcia. He could work really well partnered with Fernandinho I think if Guardiola wants Thiago there. Granted, I don't watch them a lot so maybe this was just a chance to rest him.

taconinja said:
Jumanji said:
taconinja said:
Sometimes I think we should move Yaya to an attacking midfielder position exclusively. If only we could clone Fernandinho... ;)
You really would have to clone him to find another and that my friends is why he cost £30m.
True. I noticed that Javi Martinez started on the bench tonight. He's honestly in my opinion a superior version of Garcia. He could work really well partnered with Fernandinho I think if Guardiola wants Thiago there. Granted, I don't watch them a lot so maybe this was just a chance to rest him.

Came on here to post on this thread. Thought he had a good performance against Bayern... he didn't boss the game but I don't think he looked out of place at all against the European champions. I think what other people are saying is true.. he needs someone more mobile than yaya playing next to him.

Now i'm not saying garcia is as good as yaya, theyre not on the same planet. but i realize now maybe they just play the same position, in the same style. This may sound crazy (I have been a big critic myself), but is this the backup for yaya we've been looking for? i saw garcia passing it around yesterday better than ive ever seen him.. and he was playing the european champions. Put him next to a quicker player who can cover for his pace (or lack of it) and he didn't look half bad.

on the other hand, dzeko played well too, and you wonder if its a case of them playing their asses off because theyre playing bayern. dzeko for one surely doesnt play like that against sunderland.

I must admit I was slating Garcia in the 1st half last night but he had a fantastic 2nd half and deserves to be praised for that.

However, unless he starts to replicate something approaching that 2nd half performance on a regular basis he isn't good enough to be our go to guy when we need a 3rd man in centre midfield. I still think he needs to be replaced with someone who can deliver adequate performances on a regular basis, far too often he is simply gash and at the moment can't be relied on for that reason.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Ive been one of his worst critics but after a shaky start he was very good last night,

I want to see him perform like this more often

I dont,it means we wont have signed a replacement.

birchwoodgingerste said:
tommybooth said:
Not a Garcia fan, but one of his better efforts last night.

i honestly cant see anything in his game there was one instance with nobody near him he just passed it out of play..get rid

Everybody else had 100% passing accuracy rate last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.