Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't really criticise him today, thought he played well. Can't remember him not winning a header, and for most of the 2nd half we played him as the only holding centre mid which tells you he is capable (against Palace at least).

He did play a bit deep (near enough CB) at times but that is the only thing I could pick him up on today.

Saying all that, Palace didn't really ever attack straight down the centre which is probably why he made no tackles/interceptions. Winning headers is sort of an interception though?

BigOscar said:
Kompany won 100% of the 1 aerial duel he was in. Wow, lets give him a medal. You can claim it's "manipulating the stats", but the reality is that Garcia won more headers than the rest of the team combined. He was the one who attacked everything and did that job excellently.

Exactly. Stopped them playing long ball which was pretty much their only tactic, which explains why interceptions and tackles would be in low numbers across the whole game.

Thought he did ok today, he won nearly every header in midfield, his passing was good although as usual he slowed things up too much at times.

BigOscar said:
LoveCity said:
0 tackles and interceptions for Javi today. Basically, all he did was tidy short passes, which a Championship player could do. He's the only regular in the squad I'm adamant should be sold, at least when we buy someone of quality (big chance of that in January).
12 headed duels won. Palace simply never went near him with the ball on the deck, so he completely dominated them in the air instead. Played his role perfectly today, really have no idea why anyone feels the need to criticise him for it. He did exactly what he was supposed to do, freeing up the 5 players ahead of him to have a real go at Palace without worrying about defending. Somehow the attacking players inability to do their job today is Garcia's fault, but I guess that's the life of a scapegoat
Yes they did, and Puncheon went past him like he was a training cone

BigOscar said:
LoveCity said:
0 tackles and interceptions for Javi today. Basically, all he did was tidy short passes, which a Championship player could do. He's the only regular in the squad I'm adamant should be sold, at least when we buy someone of quality (big chance of that in January).
12 headed duels won. Palace simply never went near him with the ball on the deck, so he completely dominated them in the air instead. Played his role perfectly today, really have no idea why anyone feels the need to criticise him for it. He did exactly what he was supposed to do, freeing up the 5 players ahead of him to have a real go at Palace without worrying about defending. Somehow the attacking players inability to do their job today is Garcia's fault, but I guess that's the life of a scapegoat

Agree 100%. Garcia did nothing wrong today. Our problem was Boyata not overlapping on the right.

He didn't do a great deal wrong today, but he quite clearly isn't good enough for us even as a back up. Assuming a buyer can be found, we'll surely let him go next summer.

Defensive midfielder - we need more than Fernandinho so why should we sell him?

If we were to sell him, we'd have to bring someone else in. Why would we do that?

I'm not his biggest fan but I actually thought he played well today. He was effectively our only holding midfielder the entire game, which allowed fernandinho to move forward in the 1st half and shielded the back 4 in the second. Granted palace weren't the most ambitious side we'll face, but I thought he did his job effectively. He was pretty impressive in the air.

Marvin said:

If we were to sell him, we'd have to bring someone else in. Why would we do that?

Because we could bring in someone better?

Marvin said:

Oh dear, had a few sherberts have we

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.