Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
0 tackles and interceptions for Javi today. Basically, all he did was tidy short passes, which a Championship player could do. He's the only regular in the squad I'm adamant should be sold, at least when we buy someone of quality (big chance of that in January).
12 headed duels won. Palace simply never went near him with the ball on the deck, so he completely dominated them in the air instead. Played his role perfectly today, really have no idea why anyone feels the need to criticise him for it. He did exactly what he was supposed to do, freeing up the 5 players ahead of him to have a real go at Palace without worrying about defending. Somehow the attacking players inability to do their job today is Garcia's fault, but I guess that's the life of a scapegoat

OB1 said:
LoveCity said:
0 tackles and interceptions for Javi today. Basically, all he did was tidy short passes, which a Championship player could do. He's the only regular in the squad I'm adamant should be sold, at least when we buy someone of quality (big chance of that in January). I'm among the many who can't see how Rodwell could possibly contribute anything less in games like this.

I don't think that there is a big chance of us buying in January.

Some pretty reliable people say otherwise, at least on the midfielder front. City scouts have been pretty active in watching defenders in the past few months, too, but with Kompany's hamstrings behaving they might feel there's no urgency to strengthen there now.

BigOscar said:
12 headed duels won. Palace simply never went near him with the ball on the deck, so he completely dominated them in the air instead.

63% aerial duel success isn't "dominant", but I'm not surprised to see the Benfica fan manipulate the stats.

grim up north said:
Did nothing wrong today, allowed Fernandinho to play further forward. Didn't pass forward quickly enough but never gave ball away one pass fell a little short
Positioned himself between our centre halfs marking their centre forward then disappeared when Palace attacked. Moved the ball so slowly in possession that we had no chance to attack. Made a few hospital ball passes that sold the defenders short. He basically played crap.

LoveCity said:
OB1 said:
LoveCity said:
0 tackles and interceptions for Javi today. Basically, all he did was tidy short passes, which a Championship player could do. He's the only regular in the squad I'm adamant should be sold, at least when we buy someone of quality (big chance of that in January). I'm among the many who can't see how Rodwell could possibly contribute anything less in games like this.

Some pretty reliable people say otherwise, at least on the midfielder front. City scouts have been pretty active in watching defenders in the past few months, too, but with Kompany's hamstrings behaving they might feel there's no urgency to strengthen there now.

Really, wonder if those people are as reliable as the one that told me he didn't think we would buy when I was in the Directors' Lounge at Fulham last week?

Kompany won 100% of the 1 aerial duel he was in. Wow, lets give him a medal. You can claim it's "manipulating the stats", but the reality is that Garcia won more headers than the rest of the team combined. He was the one who attacked everything and did that job excellently.

OB1 said:
LoveCity said:
OB1 said:

Really, wonder if those people are as reliable as the one that told me he didn't think we would buy when I was in the Directors' Lounge at Fulham last week?

And who was that? Soriano?

This guy is usually very reliable: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/karlsentk/status/415880039973265408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/karlsentk/status/415880039973265408</a>

But if Soriano or Txiki told you otherwise, then perhaps he's wrong. And Di Marzio, who said we'd already made a bid for Matic (rejected).

LoveCity said:

You can't get away with "OK, did nothing wrong..." performances at a club like City, you have to actively contribute something I think. And Palace players breezed past him more than once.

Agreed short pass after short pass backwards so annoying to watch he killed the tempo.. He has got nothing to his game he needs to be sold

Gingers Dad said:
grim up north said:
Did nothing wrong today, allowed Fernandinho to play further forward. Didn't pass forward quickly enough but never gave ball away one pass fell a little short
Positioned himself between our centre halfs marking their centre forward then disappeared when Palace attacked. Moved the ball so slowly in possession that we had no chance to attack. Made a few hospital ball passes that sold the defenders short. He basically played crap.

Ok

CITYROBBO said:
LoveCity said:

You can't get away with "OK, did nothing wrong..." performances at a club like City, you have to actively contribute something I think. And Palace players breezed past him more than once.

Agreed short pass after short pass backwards so annoying to watch he killed the tempo.. He has got nothing to his game he needs to be sold

so what. that was the plan.

the game was won. why waste energy trying to score more goals when you can pass the ball sideways for a good 26 minutes ?<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:28 pm --<br /><br />
BigOscar said:
LoveCity said:
0 tackles and interceptions for Javi today. Basically, all he did was tidy short passes, which a Championship player could do. He's the only regular in the squad I'm adamant should be sold, at least when we buy someone of quality (big chance of that in January).
12 headed duels won. Palace simply never went near him with the ball on the deck, so he completely dominated them in the air instead. Played his role perfectly today, really have no idea why anyone feels the need to criticise him for it. He did exactly what he was supposed to do, freeing up the 5 players ahead of him to have a real go at Palace without worrying about defending. Somehow the attacking players inability to do their job today is Garcia's fault, but I guess that's the life of a scapegoat

yes he did it perfectly.

i cannot believe that some people here think that he should've contributed in the attack when the guy is just a holding midfielder. his job is to keep the ball moving.

he had no defending to do because crystal palace was camping in their own half for 90 minutes.

LoveCity said:
OB1 said:
LoveCity said:

And who was that? Soriano?

This guy is usually very reliable: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/karlsentk/status/415880039973265408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/karlsentk/status/415880039973265408</a>

But if Soriano or Txiki told you otherwise, then perhaps he's wrong. And Di Marzio, who said we'd already made a bid for Matic (rejected).

Put it this way, I'd expect the person in question to be far more informed than those guys on Twitter. He was not definitive about it and he wouldn't be telling a virtual stranger too much; plus I know from past experience of good sources on players we were supposed to be signing that you can never be sure until something does or does not happen but I am not hopeful of us signing anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.