Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I think Garcia will have a cracking game today. This is his type of game. Playing in this position, in this type of game is why he was bought.
Tempted to go one further and say that he will have a cracking game which will be the springboard for the lad and he'll have a very solid season this season, after overcoming a difficult settling-in period in the Prem. But I won't just yet.

NQCitizen said:
It's ok I'll do without the help. Starts today again, Pellegrini sure is taking a while to come round to the idea he's wank.

He's better at centre mid than centre back we agree. You think he's a liability, I think he's not great but better than Lescott. I think he's actually done ok as an emergency defender which those lying statistics and the results we've got do support.

I don't think having a relatively young versatile and experienced player, with the perfect attitude for a squad option represents a "waste of money".

Think this'll be another agree to disagree situation.

Hope he does well today - deep next to a midfield engine is what I've said would be the best set up for him all along.

1. Starts today in centre midfield, which is not what we were debating. Nice attempt at moving the goalposts though
2. Say goodnight to the folks Gracie! A plodding Spanish midfielder is a better centre half than an England international, erm, centre half. You heard it here first........
3. It does when he cost £16m and is half the player we let go to Everton on loan.

I hope he has a great game today, cos if he does it will hopefully mean we've won. That's as far as we're gonna get to agreeing though. Like all players, he'll have good days and bad days, but in the overall scheme of things he's a jobbing defensive midfielder at best in the maelstrom that is English football, and an accident waiting to happen as a centre half

Exeter Blue I am here said:
NQCitizen said:
It's ok I'll do without the help. Starts today again, Pellegrini sure is taking a while to come round to the idea he's wank.

He's better at centre mid than centre back we agree. You think he's a liability, I think he's not great but better than Lescott. I think he's actually done ok as an emergency defender which those lying statistics and the results we've got do support.

I don't think having a relatively young versatile and experienced player, with the perfect attitude for a squad option represents a "waste of money".

Hope he does well today - deep next to a midfield engine is what I've said would be the best set up for him all along.

1. Starts today in centre midfield, which is not what we were debating. Nice attempt at moving the goalposts though
2. Say goodnight to the folks Gracie! A plodding Spanish midfielder is a better centre half than an England international, erm, centre half. You heard it here first........
3. It does when he cost £16m and is half the player we let go to Everton on loan.

I hope he has a great game today, cos if he does it will hopefully mean we've won. That's as far as we're gonna get to agreeing though. Like all players, he'll have good days and bad days, but in the overall scheme of things he's a jobbing defensive midfielder at best in the maelstrom that is English football, and an accident waiting to happen as a centre half

I didn't realise a debating topic had been set. I've been arguing with the Garcia is wank brigade a long time now.

Plus Lescott is nowhere the player he was a couple of seasons ago imo.

Happy to agree to disagree from here though.

NQCitizen said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
NQCitizen said:

I didn't realise a debating topic had been set. I've been arguing with the Garcia is wank brigade a long time now.

Plus Lescott is nowhere the player he was a couple of seasons ago imo.

Happy to agree to disagree from here though.

Hope you're right today. Sacrificing our out ball (Negredo) for Garcia looks like a gamble to me though!

Looks an even bigger one now at half time. Ball keeps coming straight back at us, and Chelsea's midfield are running through us unmolested. Garcia doing ok, but his inclusion has come at the expense of Negredo and without him we've had zero physical presence up top

Well it's only half time and we are one down but Garcia has played ok so far. I think he is ok in a three man midfield which is the only time he should feature.

Yeah to be fair Javi's not put a foot wrong this half *Touch wood*

Cobwebcat said:
Well it's only half time and we are one down but Garcia has played ok so far. I think he is ok in a three man midfield which is the only time he should feature.

Pretty agreed there Cobwebcat.

I'd sacrifice him for Negredo tbh but I think he's proved he's the one for that screening role.

Surely he's shown even his harshest critics he's worth a place in the squad today?

NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:

Pretty agreed there Cobwebcat.

I'd sacrifice him for Negredo tbh but I think he's proved he's the one for that screening role.

Surely he's shown even his harshest critics he's worth a place in the squad today?

Agree but never ever at centre half or even a two man midfield.Think we have to gamble if we are behind after 70 mins and that might mean he goes. Neat and tidy today with good passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.