Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

SrilankanBlue said:
Hes certainly a decent passer, just saw this stat on Squawka, he did ok yesterday at his natural position

Premier League top pass accuracy (5+ games): Javi Garcia (95%), Arteta (94%), Britton (93%), Flamini (93%), Mikel (92%), Terry (92%).

I'd say that shows he never passed the ball further than the nearest man 5 yards away, which funnily enough is exactly what he did. I'm not knocking him for that as it was part of his job however imo he is, and always will be, still utter shite.

His problem is that he doesn't run around like a headless chicken or he doesn't put in bone crunching tackles.

Pablo1 said:
grim up north said:
onceabluealways said:
Someone talking sense

If solely concentrating mainly on the negative
I think yesterday was the perfect illustration of what Garcia is, and what he offers the team. A steady passer of the ball who links up with Fernandinho and YaYa extremely well. He allows others to play whilst he prefers to sit, which is a plus when you've got the attacking flair we have He's a threat from set pieces, though he should have done better with his clear header that went straight at Cech.
Yesterday also shown up his weaknesses, which to be fair have been pointed out on here several times. When he loses a man, he's lost him. There's no getting it back unless he fouls, which by the time he's got close enough is normally in and around the 18-25 yard mark. There are other slight concerns which again come down to his overall slowness, the game can pass him by.
If nothing else he proved that those who label him "wank" and ""shit" and "our worse ever purchase" are way off the mark. He's a steady player who unfortunately is a level below our fellow midfielders.
I think FantasyIsland made a good point a couple of pages back saying had he been signed when the takeover begun he'd have been seen as a good buy. I agree with that.

I agree with this, he is a steady player, not great not shit, but the clueless abuse he and one or two others get from so called supporters is absurd

Pablo1 said:
grim up north said:
onceabluealways said:
Someone talking sense

I think yesterday was the perfect illustration of what Garcia is, and what he offers the team. A steady passer of the ball who links up with Fernandinho and YaYa extremely well. He allows others to play whilst he prefers to sit, which is a plus when you've got the attacking flair we have He's a threat from set pieces, though he should have done better with his clear header that went straight at Cech.
Yesterday also shown up his weaknesses, which to be fair have been pointed out on here several times. When he loses a man, he's lost him. There's no getting it back unless he fouls, which by the time he's got close enough is normally in and around the 18-25 yard mark. There are other slight concerns which again come down to his overall slowness, the game can pass him by.
If nothing else he proved that those who label him "wank" and ""shit" and "our worse ever purchase" are way off the mark. He's a steady player who unfortunately is a level below our fellow midfielders.
I think FantasyIsland made a good point a couple of pages back saying had he been signed when the takeover begun he'd have been seen as a good buy. I agree with that.

A good post but just on the point that he is a level below our fellow midfielders, do you mean Toure and fernandinho ? In which case you might have a point, though Ya Ya was poor yesterday despite being given the freedom provided by Garcia's excellent holding display. Fernandinho, the jury is still out. He's neither scored or created a goal from central midfield in ten games now, not a good return, though he looks a very good player overall. As for Milner and Rodwell, neither are good enough to play central midfield on a regular basis. Milner is a good wide player at best and Rodwell is proving the waste of space some of us feared as he is never off the treatment table. As for the other post about the 'desperate' challenge Garcia made, was it any worse than the ones Silva and Aguero suffered but went completely unpunished ?!!

grim up north said:
Pablo1 said:
grim up north said:

I agree with this, he is a steady player, not great not shit, but the clueless abuse he and one or two others get from so called supporters is absurd
Only place I've come across abuse is on the Internet. I hope he doesn't read it

I think he could become a popular player. Players like Dickov, Horlock and Goater all had difficult starts but went on to become firm favourites with the fans

peter.evans said:
A good post but just on the point that he is a level below our fellow midfielders, do you mean Toure and fernandinho ? In which case you might have a point, though Ya Ya was poor yesterday despite being given the freedom provided by Garcia's excellent holding display. Fernandinho, the jury is still out. He's neither scored or created a goal from central midfield in ten games now, not a good return, though he looks a very good player overall. As for Milner and Rodwell, neither are good enough to play central midfield on a regular basis. Milner is a good wide player at best and Rodwell is proving the waste of space some of us feared as he is never off the treatment table. As for the other post about the 'desperate' challenge Garcia made, was it any worse than the ones Silva and Aguero suffered but went completely unpunished ?!!

You really are a wum, aren't you? Continuing your expertise at posting drivel.

It might have passed you by but he was probably the best player on the ptich yesterday and funnily enough directly created a goal for Sergio last week against Wet Spam....

cleavers said:
One thing he shouldn't do again, is play centre back. Yesterday he did the job he was asked well, others were culpable in our defeat.

Correct ! Avery good team performance that was about to end in a decent away draw was thrown away by the dope in goal ( yet another dreadful mistake ). Also, Clichy was bobbins yet again.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:43 pm --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:
peter.evans said:

You really are a wum, aren't you? Continuing your expertise at posting drivel.

It might have passed you by but he was probably the best player on the ptich yesterday and funnily enough directly created a goal for Sergio last week against Wet Spam....

Eh ? Beam me up Scotty ! I think I did say he was a good player, certainly did not criticise him at all but I think most would agree he is taking time to settle. As for the goal at West Ham, personally I would give all the credit of the assist for that goal to Negredo, for his sensational dummy that completely fooled the WHU defence, or maybe that is more drivel !!

peter.evans said:
Pablo1 said:
grim up north said:

YaYa wasn't at his best yesterday, but overall I think its fair to say he's a level above pretty much every other midfielder in the league. Fernandinho is growing in stature every time I see him. Yesterday he was immense, goal scoring is just a bonus that may or may not come with this lad. His ability to put the opposition under pressure wherever they're attacking or defending is superb, as is his engine. Twice yesterday he burst through the Chelsea midfield like a hot knife through butter. His passing range is also at a very high level. Rodwell is a hard one as his injuries have stunted his progress, whilst Milner is more of a utility player who does a decent job wherever he's put.
Then you have Silva, Nasri, and Jovetic who can retain possession as well as anyone but also offer so much going forward. Obviously those three play a different game to Garcia and it's a little unfair to compare, I suppose its a general point that just shows for me that there is a time and place to start Garcia, and a time and place not to - mainly CB..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.