Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

Marvin said:
grim up north said:
Pablo1 said:
I think yesterday was the perfect illustration of what Garcia is, and what he offers the team. A steady passer of the ball who links up with Fernandinho and YaYa extremely well. He allows others to play whilst he prefers to sit, which is a plus when you've got the attacking flair we have He's a threat from set pieces, though he should have done better with his clear header that went straight at Cech.
Yesterday also shown up his weaknesses, which to be fair have been pointed out on here several times. When he loses a man, he's lost him. There's no getting it back unless he fouls, which by the time he's got close enough is normally in and around the 18-25 yard mark. There are other slight concerns which again come down to his overall slowness, the game can pass him by.
If nothing else he proved that those who label him "wank" and ""shit" and "our worse ever purchase" are way off the mark. He's a steady player who unfortunately is a level below our fellow midfielders.
I think FantasyIsland made a good point a couple of pages back saying had he been signed when the takeover begun he'd have been seen as a good buy. I agree with that.

I agree with this, he is a steady player, not great not shit, but the clueless abuse he and one or two others get from so called supporters is absurd
Only place I've come across abuse is on the Internet. I hope he doesn't read it

I think he could become a popular player. Players like Dickov, Horlock and Goater all had difficult starts but went on to become firm favourites with the fans

No player at this level of football is anywhere near shit but I do think there are better options in the squad than Garcia both at Centre half and Defensive Midfield.

Playing a three in the Centre should have dictated we did not need a player just to sit in front of the back four and like some have stated he was steady but did not offer much else.

Chelsea went with a three of Lampard, Ramires and Oscar. Ramires was all over the pitch and neither Lampard nor Oscar sat in front of the back four.

It would have been the perfect game to play Milner, offering the solidity of an additional midfielder but with the engine to support the attack and offer additional width. Furthermore I think he would have done a much better job of doubling up with the full backs against wide players as we struggled in those areas.

franksinatra said:
Marvin said:
grim up north said:
I agree with this, he is a steady player, not great not shit, but the clueless abuse he and one or two others get from so called supporters is absurd

I think he could become a popular player. Players like Dickov, Horlock and Goater all had difficult starts but went on to become firm favourites with the fans

No player at this level of football is anywhere near shit but I do think there are better options in the squad than Garcia both at Centre half and Defensive Midfield.

Playing a three in the Centre should have dictated we did not need a player just to sit in front of the back four and like some have stated he was steady but did not offer much else.

Chelsea went with a three of Lampard, Ramires and Oscar. Ramires was all over the pitch and neither Lampard nor Oscar sat in front of the back four.

It would have been the perfect game to play Milner, offering the solidity of an additional midfielder but with the engine to support the attack and offer additional width. Furthermore I think he would have done a much better job of doubling up with the full backs against wide players as we struggled in those areas.

It baffles me no end why professional football managers continue to pick Garcia in central midfield over the likes of Milner.

It's also baffling why professional football managers constantly overlook Milner and play the likes of Nasri, Silva and Navas in front of him

grim up north said:
franksinatra said:
Marvin said:

It baffles me no end why professional football managers continue to pick Garcia in central midfield over the likes of Milner.

It's also baffling why professional football managers constantly overlook Milner and play the likes of Nasri, Silva and Navas in front of him

Different players offer different elements to the team. A lot has been made of the need to beef up the midfield against Chelsea but in essence they had Ramires and Lampard in the centre supported by three very attack minded players. We had Fernandinho, Yaya and Garcia and in my opinion it was overtly cautious and I also think the threat from Chelsea came from the flanks, via Hazard, Schurle and Torres runs and Milner would have been better suited to deal with that threat as for both England and City Milner has been utilised to provide support to the full backs.

If you go through the history of football you will find many players not rated by certain managers but have great careers elsewhere. Cantona was sold for 1 million and Thierry Henry was a sub at Inter Milan. Were those managers right about those players because they were professional managers?

franksinatra said:
grim up north said:
franksinatra said:

Different players offer different elements to the team. A lot has been made of the need to beef up the midfield against Chelsea but in essence they had Ramires and Lampard in the centre supported by three very attack minded players. We had Fernandinho, Yaya and Garcia and in my opinion it was overtly cautious and I also think the threat from Chelsea came from the flanks, via Hazard, Schurle and Torres runs and Milner would have been better suited to deal with that threat as for both England and City Milner has been utilised to provide support to the full backs.

If you go through the history of football you will find many players not rated by certain managers but have great careers elsewhere. Cantona was sold for 1 million and Thierry Henry was a sub at Inter Milan. Were those managers right about those players because they were professional managers?

Yet he still doesn't play regularly for City under 2 managers I wonder why

franksinatra said:
grim up north said:
franksinatra said:

Fair point, but Henry never played for Inter. He was however badly used at Juventus as a wide player in a 3-4-1-2 formation.

grim up north said:
franksinatra said:
grim up north said:

I do not think he should start regularly either but considering the opposition personnel yesterday and the likelihood of where the threat was going to come from I think he would have been suited.

Also like I have said was it neccessary to include an additional DM against Ramires and Lampard. Milner could have offered more energy and drive in central areas and a further threat going forward.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:41 pm --<br /><br />
FromPollockToSilva said:
franksinatra said:
grim up north said:

Fair point, but Henry never played for Inter. He was however badly used at Juventus as a wide player in a 3-4-1-2 formation.

Sorry Juventus but again it illustrates the point that professional managers are not always right, the fact that they played him out wide. Similarly there is a a good chance I am wrong also.

franksinatra said:
grim up north said:
franksinatra said:

I do not think he should start regularly either but considering the opposition personnel yesterday and the likelihood of where the threat was going to come from I think he would have been suited.

Also like I have said was it neccessary to include an additional DM against Ramires and Lampard. Milner could have offered more energy and drive in central areas and a further threat going forward.

I'm not dis agreeing with you just wondering why professional football managers don't rate Milner as highly as the fans do

grim up north said:
franksinatra said:
grim up north said:

Also like I have said was it neccessary to include an additional DM against Ramires and Lampard. Milner could have offered more energy and drive in central areas and a further threat going forward.

I'm not dis agreeing with you just wondering why professional football managers don't rate Milner as highly as the fans do

I think football has evolved and ball retention is the key, particularly for foreign managers. As fans we love the commitment and endeavour of the Jimmy Milners but maybe if we looked at it scientifically we would conclude he may run a lot but that is negated by the frequency he gives the ball away.

Also in some ways he is a bit like Dzeko in that his performances blow hot and cold. In contrast the effort is always there but the game we lost to Arsenal the year we won the league he hardly made a decent pass.

franksinatra said:
grim up north said:
franksinatra said:

I think football has evolved and ball retention is the key, particularly for foreign managers. As fans we love the commitment and endeavour of the Jimmy Milners but maybe if we looked at it scientifically we would conclude he may run a lot but that is negated by the frequency he gives the ball away.

Also in some ways he is a bit like Dzeko in that his performances blow hot and cold. In contrast the effort is always there but the game we lost to Arsenal the year we won the league he hardly made a decent pass.

I totally agree with that, I personally don't rate him for the reasons you have stated, I'm not sure Rodwelll is any better either, the only British players who are at the required level are are Ramsey and Wilshere,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.