Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

Lancet Fluke said:
NQCitizen said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Try sitting in work today and doing more or less nothing. When your boss questions your contribution just tell him that at least it meant you did nothing wrong. I'll be interested to hear what response you get.

Garcia's passing is good, he's good in the air and he's good at intercepting the ball. He's slow and sometimes is stranded in a two man midfield with Yaya who rarely offers his partner much support at all.

If anyone here honestly thinks Garcia is at the heart of our problems than I'd like to know what you think of 4-6 top class players frequently disappointing away from home?

Zaba, Clichy, Rodwell when he plays aren't expected to do much more than their job but we expect Garcia to be some sort of Gerrard / De Rossi / Vidal type figure.

It's not "more or less nothing".

Ok then if you won't accept the doing more or less nothing at work analogy how about go into work, just wander around very slowly and when someone gives you some work just give it them straight back.

Or as footballers call it "keeps possession"

totalfootball said:
he has no pace and struggles to chase quick players.

other than that, he can pass, reads the game well and knows where to be at the right time.

he can do a job a decent job as a defensive midfielder but we should be looking to replace him with someone who is versatile.

All in all this is pretty much right. Played regularly in a 3 man midfield I think he'd do very well, but I don't think we'll see that under Pellegrini.

NQCitizen said:
totalfootball said:

other than that, he can pass, reads the game well and knows where to be at the right time.

he can do a job a decent job as a defensive midfielder but we should be looking to replace him with someone who is versatile.

All in all this is pretty much right. Played regularly in a 3 man midfield I think he'd do very well, but I don't think we'll see that under Pellegrini.

'he can pass"

yeah sidewards backwards and no further than 5 fucking yards.......hes gash

celf said:
NQCitizen said:
totalfootball said:

'he can pass"

i disagree.

nothing wrong with passing it backwards and sideways though. it is necessary sometimes to get out of pressure.

garcia in particular can be put under pressure easily because he lacks pace.

As part of a 3 he's decent, as part of a 2 he's badly gash. Wouldn't mind bringing him on to close the game down but he is nowhere near good enough to be a first pick.

totalfootball said:
celf said:
NQCitizen said:

'he can pass"

i disagree.

nothing wrong with passing it backwards and sideways though. it is necessary sometimes to get out of pressure.

This is crazy. My son can pass the ball. Take Fernandinho's pass against West Ham. When has he done anything even remotely akin to that. Would he start on the team of any other title contender? Frankly, I'm not even sure he would come off the bench in any of them.

NQCitizen said:
Lancet Fluke said:
NQCitizen said:
Garcia's passing is good, he's good in the air and he's good at intercepting the ball. He's slow and sometimes is stranded in a two man midfield with Yaya who rarely offers his partner much support at all.

If anyone here honestly thinks Garcia is at the heart of our problems than I'd like to know what you think of 4-6 top class players frequently disappointing away from home?

Zaba, Clichy, Rodwell when he plays aren't expected to do much more than their job but we expect Garcia to be some sort of Gerrard / De Rossi / Vidal type figure.

It's not "more or less nothing".

What do you mean 'sitting in work and doing nothing' ? Are you talking about Toure ? Because if anyone can be accused of wagging it in away games it is lazy Toure. Garcia has been asked to a do a job and does it pretty well. If Garcia was sacked for not doing his job or doing anything as you say, he would win an industrial tribunal hands down. Clearly some on here do not watch games or know next to nothing about football. Instead of all this victimisation of one player, which thankfully none of the players will read and neither do 95% of the fans, perhaps we should concentrate on the real reasons we are six points off the top ! Individual mistakes by defenders, Richards at Sunderland, Hart at Chelsea, Kompany and Nastasic at Villa, Hart and Zabaleta at Cardiff. That, combined with the lazy attitude of some players, Toure, Nasri, Aguero, etc, away from home, is why we are off the pace at the top of the table.

Ok then if you won't accept the doing more or less nothing at work analogy how about go into work, just wander around very slowly and when someone gives you some work just give it them straight back.

Or as footballers call it "keeps possession"

lasereyes said:
totalfootball said:
celf said:
'he can pass"

i disagree.

This is crazy. My son can pass the ball. Take Fernandinho's pass against West Ham. When has he done anything even remotely akin to that. Would he start on the team of any other title contender? Frankly, I'm not even sure he would come off the bench in any of them.

what about as part of a 4 man midfield.

875721_Champions_League_Team.jpg
<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 pm --<br /><br />
lasereyes said:
totalfootball said:
celf said:
'he can pass"

i disagree.

to be honest, negredo played a big part in aguero's goal.

but i dont have any doubt in fernandinho's excellent passing range.

as i said before, garcia is purely a defensive player, he offers very little in the attack, you can slate him for that or you can accept him for what he is.

totalfootball said:
lasereyes said:
totalfootball said:
i disagree.

what about as part of a 4 man midfield.

875721_Champions_League_Team.jpg

-- Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 pm --

lasereyes said:
totalfootball said:
i disagree.

to be honest, negredo played a big part in aguero's goal.

but i dont have any doubt in fernandinho's excellent passing range.

as i said before, garcia is purely a defensive player, he offers very little in the attack, you can slate him for that or you can accept him for what he is.

Garcia is the perfect guy to screen the back 4 and move the ball on. He's better at that than the other options given his aerial presence but it's a limited role.

That's why I feel saying he's terrible or doesn't deserve to be part of the squad is unfair - no one is suggesting he's the first name on the team sheet or that he would be in any top 6 team but he has a role in the squad that will sometimes be needed.

celf said:
NQCitizen said:
totalfootball said:

'he can pass"

Unfortunately this pretty much has been his passing range. and it seems to be borne of a complete lack of confidence. If this is true, we on this forum have something to answer for. It's a shame; he seems like a decent guy and a hard worker. But the bottom line is that I don't see him turning it around any time soon and at the current Manchester City, much more time is a luxury he won't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.