Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

NQCitizen said:
totalfootball said:
lasereyes said:
This is crazy. My son can pass the ball. Take Fernandinho's pass against West Ham. When has he done anything even remotely akin to that. Would he start on the team of any other title contender? Frankly, I'm not even sure he would come off the bench in any of them.

what about as part of a 4 man midfield.

875721_Champions_League_Team.jpg

-- Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:34 pm --

lasereyes said:
This is crazy. My son can pass the ball. Take Fernandinho's pass against West Ham. When has he done anything even remotely akin to that. Would he start on the team of any other title contender? Frankly, I'm not even sure he would come off the bench in any of them.

to be honest, negredo played a big part in aguero's goal.

but i dont have any doubt in fernandinho's excellent passing range.

as i said before, garcia is purely a defensive player, he offers very little in the attack, you can slate him for that or you can accept him for what he is.

Garcia is the perfect guy to screen the back 4 and move the ball on. He's better at that than the other options given his aerial presence but it's a limited role.

That's why I feel saying he's terrible or doesn't deserve to be part of the squad is unfair - no one is suggesting he's the first name on the team sheet or that he would be in any top 6 team but he has a role in the squad that will sometimes be needed.

It depends on what your sights are set on. Is he ok for a reasonable Premier League side (e.g. Newcastle)? Yes. Does he belong on a title contending side? Hell no.

I also think you are being very generous in saying he shields the back 4. That was exactly the role he was meant to play in the Chelsea game. Yet where was he when the Nastasic-Hart f**k up occurred?

I think we are broadly in agreement, but just on that West Ham goal. Fernandinho found a great pass, and Negredo made it better by dummying. And Aguero finished it with aplomb. The very definition of teamwork.

totalfootball said:
lasereyes said:
totalfootball said:
i disagree.

nothing wrong with passing it backwards and sideways though. it is necessary sometimes to get out of pressure.

garcia in particular can be put under pressure easily because he lacks pace.

lasereyes said:
totalfootball said:
i disagree.

nothing wrong with passing it backwards and sideways though. it is necessary sometimes to get out of pressure.

garcia in particular can be put under pressure easily because he lacks pace.

as i said before, garcia is purely a defensive player, he offers very little in the attack, you can slate him for that or you can accept him for what he is.
I'm amazed People still actually think Garcia can play in a 4-4-2. We get overrun at the best of times with two world class midfielders in Toure and Fernandinho so imagine Garcia playing there.

lasereyes said:
NQCitizen said:
totalfootball said:

Garcia is the perfect guy to screen the back 4 and move the ball on. He's better at that than the other options given his aerial presence but it's a limited role.

That's why I feel saying he's terrible or doesn't deserve to be part of the squad is unfair - no one is suggesting he's the first name on the team sheet or that he would be in any top 6 team but he has a role in the squad that will sometimes be needed.

It depends on what your sights are set on. Is he ok for a reasonable Premier League side (e.g. Newcastle)? Yes. Does he belong on a title contending side? Hell no.

I also think you are being very generous in saying he shields the back 4. That was exactly the role he was meant to play in the Chelsea game. Yet where was he when the Nastasic-Hart f**k up occurred?

I think we are broadly in agreement, but just on that West Ham goal. Fernandinho found a great pass, and Negredo made it better by dummying. And Aguero finished it with aplomb. The very definition of teamwork.

On the bench. He was substituted for Kolarov after 80 minutes.

lasereyes said:
NQCitizen said:
totalfootball said:

Fuck me gets slated after being substituted now

Even if he had been on the pitch, what would a midfielder do about that? Mental stuff

FromPollockToSilva said:
lasereyes said:
NQCitizen said:

On the bench. He was substituted for Kolarov after 80 minutes.

He was doing his job quite well actually, but he was brought off (and Joe Hart went into his position ;) )

BlueSiam said:
celf said:
NQCitizen said:
All in all this is pretty much right. Played regularly in a 3 man midfield I think he'd do very well, but I don't think we'll see that under Pellegrini.

'he can pass"

yeah sidewards backwards and no further than 5 fucking yards.......hes gash

Unfortunately this pretty much has been his passing range. and it seems to be borne of a complete lack of confidence. If this is true, we on this forum have something to answer for. It's a shame; he seems like a decent guy and a hard worker. But the bottom line is that I don't see him turning it around any time soon and at the current Manchester City, much more time is a luxury he won't get.

his average pass lenght has been around 20 yards this season, not 5 yards.

lasereyes said:
NQCitizen said:
totalfootball said:

Thing is that Garcia has been playing as a CB all season , then all of a sudden Pellegrini tells him to play in midfield against a difficult Chelsea side. He still didn't have a bad game though.

Does he deserve to be part of a title contending squad ? Yes. We are talking about a player who came through the Real Madrid youth system and since then had a succesful stint at Benfica + he's a Spanish international. If Del Bosque rates him, then that's it, anything we say becomes irrelevant.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxZw4aijy7c[/youtube]

Not a top player by any stretch but he is far from being totally shit. Yes he was expensive for the type of role he was going to play in the squad and team but both Mancini and Pellgrini has seen something for him to be kept on and that is fine by me. Whether he should be sold is down to the player if he wants first team football and the current boss.

So many people don't understand the word "squad". If we had the best 22 players in the world, well the best 2 for each position, still somebody would find a problem. F*ck me I remember not even having the best 3 or 4 players in the second division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.