Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

NQCitizen said:
Garcia's passing is good, he's good in the air and he's good at intercepting the ball.

He's half decent in the air, I'll give you that

Garcia offers us nothing, not even the ugly job Barry was doing

NQCitizen said:
Lancet Fluke said:
peter.evans said:
Without going too much over old ground reading these tiresome, ridiculous comments, did Richards do anything wrong at Sunderland ? Yes, he was caught badly out of position when it mattered and as a result we conceded a goal which ultimately cost us the game ! I'd rather have a player 'do nothing wrong' than one who continually makes mistakes that cost us games of football ( Hart, Richards ). Instead of pointing the finger at a player who, as you agree, 'did nothing wrong' why not point at players who DO do things wrong and cost us the game ! It is difficult for the likes of Garcia, Rodwell, Milner, etc, to come in and play well straight away when they are in and out of the side as general 'squad' players. Even Richards I will sympathise with because of this. As with many sensible blues I agree that Garcia has done OK and the job he has been asked to do, support the defence and link up with the likes of Ya Ya, in every game he has played in. I think the likes of Toure need to look at their contributions in some of these games.

Try sitting in work today and doing more or less nothing. When your boss questions your contribution just tell him that at least it meant you did nothing wrong. I'll be interested to hear what response you get.

Garcia's passing is good, he's good in the air and he's good at intercepting the ball. He's slow and sometimes is stranded in a two man midfield with Yaya who rarely offers his partner much support at all.

If anyone here honestly thinks Garcia is at the heart of our problems than I'd like to know what you think of 4-6 top class players frequently disappointing away from home?

Zaba, Clichy, Rodwell when he plays aren't expected to do much more than their job but we expect Garcia to be some sort of Gerrard / De Rossi / Vidal type figure.

It's not "more or less nothing".

Ok then if you won't accept the doing more or less nothing at work analogy how about go into work, just wander around very slowly and when someone gives you some work just give it them straight back.

imo the worst player to pull on city shirt since the takeover,simply not good enough and needs to leave asap

celf said:
imo the worst player to pull on city shirt since the takeover,simply not good enough and needs to leave asap

Worse than Santa Cruz, Bridge, Adebayor, Johnson, Rodwell, Sinclair ? Not in my opinion.

Not even close to the standard we need.

Looks out of place when playing in the first team.

celf said:

Yep, tbh he's one of the worst players I've ever seen pull on the blue jersey, never mind since takeover.

Fucking hopeless.

peter.evans said:
celf said:

Worse than Santa Cruz, Bridge, Adebayor, Johnson, Rodwell, Sinclair ? Not in my opinion.

Undoubtedly far, far worse than RSC, Ade, Johnson and Rodwell, probably bridge too.

I'll give you sinclair though, just

he has no pace and struggles to chase quick players.

other than that, he can pass, reads the game well and knows where to be at the right time.

he can do a job a decent job as a defensive midfielder but we should be looking to replace him with someone who is versatile.

The Pink Panther said:
NQCitizen said:
Garcia's passing is good, he's good in the air and he's good at intercepting the ball.

He's half decent in the air, I'll give you that

Garcia offers us nothing, not even the ugly job Barry was doing

I think the "decent in the air" was what our scouts told us. Aside from his very first game where he scored the equalizer against Stoke, I've seen very little aerial prowess. Maybe you can say he is better in the air than he is with the ball at his feet - but that's not much of a statement.

totalfootball said:
he has no pace and struggles to chase quick players.

other than that, he can pass, reads the game well and knows where to be at the right time.

he can do a job a decent job as a defensive midfielder but we should be looking to replace him with someone who is versatile.

Yep, agree with that, he's a decent defensive mid, has played well there in the few games we've seen him as part of a central mid three but out of his depth when he's part of a two man midfield or at centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.