Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

MaineRoadBlue said:
Please Please Please get that contract signed!

We cannot be letting players of James Milner's quality and versatility leave at the peak of their career and for free!

I just don't get it, and I will be truly gutted if this lad leaves.

He would be the 1st name on the team sheet for me and not because I think he's the best technical player, but rather by selecting him I know we have at least one of the team giving 100% without question.

What is worrying is that people seem obsessed with the perceived Galactico status of a player rather than what they actually deliver.

Milner's attitude, enthusiasm and effort are that good that he'd be my Vice-Captain ahead of Yaya, Kolorov or Hart all day, every day!

Over the top shite...he's easily replaceable. Don't get me wrong I like Jimmy and hope he stays but fuck me, you are acting like we are about to lose a world superstar!

Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:
So we sign an improvement.

What does this mean for our h/g quota. We'll be losing Milner and Lampard in the summer which leaves us with literally Joe and Clichy as the only registered homegrown players in the entire squad. That's not even club trained but association trained players.

Very worrying unless we intend to go and sign minimum two more who are good enough to be in our main first team squad (so not players liker Sinclair, Rodwell, etc).
Don't forget Dedryk......Perhaps the promotion of Gunn can account for another place,then we have a choice of Lopes,Denayer and maybe Angelino as others with the ability to make the squad.

Its a reason I think we need to be all over Sterling.

City signalled he was disposable by letting his contract run down.

Milner knows this, which is why he is considering his options at leisure.

C'est la vie, as they say in Congleton.

FantasyIreland said:
Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:
So we sign an improvement.

What does this mean for our h/g quota. We'll be losing Milner and Lampard in the summer which leaves us with literally Joe and Clichy as the only registered homegrown players in the entire squad. That's not even club trained but association trained players.

Very worrying unless we intend to go and sign minimum two more who are good enough to be in our main first team squad (so not players liker Sinclair, Rodwell, etc).
Don't forget Dedryk......Perhaps the promotion of Gunn can account for another place,then we have a choice of Lopes,Denayer and maybe Angelino as others with the ability to make the squad.

Its a reason I think we need to be all over Sterling.

The issue for me is when you start throwing players into the mix who realistically are quality wise some distance from the first team, then it's just a Sinclair/Rodwell situation where you're effectively playing with a reduced squad. I realise that there are high hopes for some of the EDS players but in your opinion would Angelinho be good enough as our second L/B (if Kola leaves), would Denayer be good enough to play the games MD plays? Same with Gunn, can he deputise for Hart if Joe picks up an injury or his form dips dramatically.

I agree we need to all over Sterling, along with Barkley and Clyne. Possibly even Delph. I guess there's been a concerted drive with regards Barkley, esp if the papers are to be believed.

sir baconface said:

City began talking to Nasri, Kola, Dzeko, and Milner a year ago. Granted it was longer than we'd wait for Silva, Kun, etc but I wouldn't consider that letting his contract run down. What's happened is that whilst the others signed up, Milner has deliberately let his contract run down since then whilst taking double speak to new levels in terms of what he actually wants. This because the Liverpool stories have been consistent since the start of last summer.

I have to be honest and say I wouldn't be confident any of them could make the grade,they are just our best hopes imo,probably Gunn would be the most likely given he is performing superbly,continues to progress and is filling out nicely.Obviously 19 is very young for a keeper but his confidence and decision making has also come on superbly.

Youre right about 'just filling places',it would be like playing with a reduced squad in the top games as they would definitely not be competent enough.The other issue is their development,would sitting on our bench me more beneficial than going on loan? I'm specifically thinking Denayer here.

Angelino will be a player but,realistically,I think he might yet be 12 months away.

Its a shame Lopes' experience has turned a tad sour.

Mister Appointment said:
sir baconface said:

City began talking to Nasri, Kola, Dzeko, and Milner a year ago. Granted it was longer than we'd wait for Silva, Kun, etc but I wouldn't consider that letting his contract run down. What's happened is that whilst the others signed up, Milner has deliberately let his contract run down since then whilst taking double speak to new levels in terms of what he actually wants. This because the Liverpool stories have been consistent since the start of last summer.

It amuses me how certain people would sooner see this as being the clubs fault.

George Hannah said:
If Jimmy goes in the summer along with Frank, Wright, Micah and Sinclair that leaves Joe as the last Englishman standing.
He surely needs somebody in the team from his own country to talk to?

I believe him and kiddo share the occasional Mocha.

FantasyIreland said:
Mister Appointment said:
sir baconface said:

It amuses me how certain people would sooner see this as being the clubs fault.

Then you miss the point as - unlike some - I wasn't falling over myself to apportion blame. City took a calculated gamble, which was reasonable enough at the time. Since then Milner's stock has risen, which may have altered the club's perspective but still leaves the player with lingering doubts.

Occasionally it pays to count to ten and take a more balanced look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.