Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

unexpected item said:
Just in case you didn't hate Brenda enough already, here he is in full on twitcher mode..

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has admitted that he feels James Milner is a "wonderful player", but has refused to be drawn on a potential move for the Manchester City man.

Milner's contract at the Etihad Stadium is coming to an end this summer and he has yet to pen an extension, with Liverpool monitoring matters ahead of a potential free transfer swoop.

The midfielder has been tipped as a successor to Steven Gerrard, but Rodgers will not be drawn on the specifics of any bid for the England international.

"Firstly, James is a wonderful player", Rodgers told a press conference. "He's been an outstanding footballer from when I first saw him at Leeds.

"But look, players get linked consistently here through agents and representatives.

"But I would never speak about any player until they are signed and in the door."

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/01...aller-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers/181912/?

Deal done clearly.

I really hope Sterling doesn't sign a new contract. Look forward to Pellegrini waxing lyrical about what an "outstanding footballer" he is.

Hardly a surprise that he has been tapped up, is it. He would have signed long time ago if he wanted to stay.

Mister Appointment said:
unexpected item said:
Just in case you didn't hate Brenda enough already, here he is in full on twitcher mode..

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has admitted that he feels James Milner is a "wonderful player", but has refused to be drawn on a potential move for the Manchester City man.

Milner's contract at the Etihad Stadium is coming to an end this summer and he has yet to pen an extension, with Liverpool monitoring matters ahead of a potential free transfer swoop.

The midfielder has been tipped as a successor to Steven Gerrard, but Rodgers will not be drawn on the specifics of any bid for the England international.

"Firstly, James is a wonderful player", Rodgers told a press conference. "He's been an outstanding footballer from when I first saw him at Leeds.

"But look, players get linked consistently here through agents and representatives.

"But I would never speak about any player until they are signed and in the door."

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/01...aller-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers/181912/?

Deal done clearly.

I really hope Sterling doesn't sign a new contract. Look forward to Pellegrini waxing lyrical about what an "outstanding footballer" he is.

We should be tapping him up as Milners replacement, he is the only homegrown winger worth having.

I actually think if he had Agüero and Silva around him he would become the player everyone expects him to become.

I think he is going to become top drawer in my opinion, everyone treats him like the finished article and therefore comes in for a lot of unfair criticism, yet he is only 20 and pretty much being relied on to get Liverpool up the league and challenge for the top 4.

I'm sure discussions have been had (in fact Milner is allowed to talk now isn't he ?), however what do you expect rodgers to say if he's asked directly about Milner ? If he'd said "I have no comment", it would still be twisted to "done deal". If discussions have been had, then he will want him, so he's hardly likely to play down his thoughts on Milner. Also remember that Rodgers might not even be there by June !

All that matters right now, is that Milner continues to give his all for the club, there have been no signs that he won't, until he either leaves, or decides to stay, he certainly wouldn't be the first player to extend his contract once its up, and I assume he could still get a signing on fee from us, if he decides to stay once his contract expires ?

Those comments from Rodgers tell me he has been tapped up by Liverpool.

What's annoying is we won't get a fee for him and our budget in the summer will have to readdressed to accommodate paying an overinflated fee for one of Barkley or Sterling, most likely Sterling because that's pretty much Milner's position.

I would like Sterling but I wouldn't wind promoting Marcos Lopes into Milner's position.

cleavers said:
I'm sure discussions have been had (in fact Milner is allowed to talk now isn't he ?), however what do you expect rodgers to say if he's asked directly about Milner ? If he'd said "I have no comment", it would still be twisted to "done deal". If discussions have been had, then he will want him, so he's hardly likely to play down his thoughts on Milner. Also remember that Rodgers might not even be there by June !

All that matters right now, is that Milner continues to give his all for the club, there have been no signs that he won't, until he either leaves, or decides to stay, he certainly wouldn't be the first player to extend his contract once its up, and I assume he could still get a signing on fee from us, if he decides to stay once his contract expires ?

No Milner is only allowed talk to teams abroad at this stage. Talking to English sides isn't permitted but I'm sure happens anyway.

pavelsrnicek said:
cleavers said:

No Milner is only allowed talk to teams abroad at this stage. Talking to English sides isn't permitted but I'm sure happens anyway.

Are you sure? I think he is allowed to speak to whoever he wants.

sam-caddick said:

What's annoying is we won't get a fee for him and our budget in the summer will have to readdressed to accommodate paying an overinflated fee for one of Barkley or Sterling, most likely Sterling because that's pretty much Milner's position.

I would like Sterling but I wouldn't wind promoting Marcos Lopes into Milner's position.

I like Milner but i would imagine that Sterling could potentially offer us more in an attacking sense

Not too sure that he would replace Milner tho, I don't think many English players directly replace what Milner offers us. I'd prefer it if he stayed at City because he has been here a good few years now and gave everything, but I'm not too concerned that we would struggle to replace his ability, despite us having to cough up some decent money in order to do it

chris85mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:

I like Milner but i would imagine that Sterling could potentially offer us more in an attacking sense

Not too sure that he would replace Milner tho, I don't think many English players directly replace what Milner offers us. I'd prefer it if he stayed at City because he has been here a good few years now and gave everything, but I'm not too concerned that we would struggle to replace his ability, despite us having to cough up some decent money in order to do it

We will have to replace Milner with a homegrown talent, for me the only standout is Sterling or promoting Marcos Lopes.

I will be happy with either, Sterling will cost us £35m-£40m though I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.