Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

I rate Milner but I think sometimes he flatters to deceive.. If he goes then It'd be a "thanks for your efforts" and I'd move on pretty quickly!

sam-caddick said:
chris85mcfc said:
sam-caddick said:
Those comments from Rodgers tell me he has been tapped up by Liverpool.

What's annoying is we won't get a fee for him and our budget in the summer will have to readdressed to accommodate paying an overinflated fee for one of Barkley or Sterling, most likely Sterling because that's pretty much Milner's position.

I would like Sterling but I wouldn't wind promoting Marcos Lopes into Milner's position.

I like Milner but i would imagine that Sterling could potentially offer us more in an attacking sense

Not too sure that he would replace Milner tho, I don't think many English players directly replace what Milner offers us. I'd prefer it if he stayed at City because he has been here a good few years now and gave everything, but I'm not too concerned that we would struggle to replace his ability, despite us having to cough up some decent money in order to do it

We will have to replace Milner with a homegrown talent, for me the only standout is Sterling or promoting Marcos Lopes.

I will be happy with either, Sterling will cost us £35m-£40m though I reckon.

We don't have to replace Milner with a homegrown player, more that we will require a new homegrown player, but it doesn't have to be a direct replacement for Milner

For example we could sell Kolarov and bring in a homegrown left back, whilst replacing Milner with someone (potentially not-homegrown) of better quality than Sterling, especially if you're talking about £35-£40 million

Personally id rather have Coutinho than Sterling, I think he is a better replacement for Nasri and Silva and would cost half the money

MeatHunterrr said:
Hardly a surprise that he has been tapped up, is it. He would have signed long time ago if he wanted to stay.
Or his initial offer was short of what he was expecting or short of what he thinks his recently risen stock at the club is worth, and he's laid his cards on the table to the club to say "i'd like a bit more and i think i'm worth a bit more for my last big contract...what can you do?" and the club are going back and drawing up something new, or not and he's now looking around for something else.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
without a dream said:
Jimmy doesn't have an agent.

It looks increasingly like he's going to leave. That's his prerogative I don't see why anyone would 'wish him well' though. It's going to cause a headache for the club, unless they feel Lopes is ready to step up it's going to cost us circa £20m to replace him with someone with the requisite attributes, then there's the homegrown factor. He's a smart bloke, he knows the situation, so he's got the club over a barrel. I think he's a great player and there's no doubt he's a fan favourite but he's acting against the interests of the club and I'll be supporting the club long after he's retired.

You are correct, but I would add that City could have prevented this by offering him a deadline last summer, and if he was showing any signs of uncertainty, then we should have listened to offers for him

It's a two way thing IMO, Milner knows the position the club is in, but at the same time we have allowed this position to prevail

And Milner countered City's deadline by insisting he wanted to wait and see if he got more playing time between now and the end of the year.

They took him at his word, that it wasn't about money, this is all City are guilty of.

Milner can only be considered a disrespectful sod if he does not use the opportunity of this month to publicly lay all his cards on the table, one way or another.

If he refuses to sign in the next couple of weeks, no doubt his lack of integrity will continue to extend to fluffy soundbites between now and the end of the season, in the hope he can also blag another medal or two.
T H I S

Lets hope James values 'quality' over 'quantity'. I can see that he might think his playing time would be improved at Liverpool, he might also think he'll get to play central midfield which he won't do very often at City and he might think he's got one more World Cup in him if he's a regular starter at a favoured club like Liverpool. But, and there's always a but, for fucks sake he'll be playing with Jordan fucking Henderson and who would voluntarily choose to do that when you can boast David Silva, Samir Nasri and Yaya as your team mates.

DTKOAG said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
You are correct, but I would add that City could have prevented this by offering him a deadline last summer, and if he was showing any signs of uncertainty, then we should have listened to offers for him

It's a two way thing IMO, Milner knows the position the club is in, but at the same time we have allowed this position to prevail

And Milner countered City's deadline by insisting he wanted to wait and see if he got more playing time between now and the end of the year.

They took him at his word, that it wasn't about money, this is all City are guilty of.

Milner can only be considered a disrespectful sod if he does not use the opportunity of this month to publicly lay all his cards on the table, one way or another.

If he refuses to sign in the next couple of weeks, no doubt his lack of integrity will continue to extend to fluffy soundbites between now and the end of the season, in the hope he can also blag another medal or two.
T H I S

Disagree with this. As i have said already, even if we tried to force him to move for a fee last summer there is no guarantee it would work. A player can refuse any proposed transfer and all you can do is threten to freeze them out wich is lose / lose imo. Last season he was on the bench for a significant number of games so I can understand his reluctance to sign then. We have 4 or 5 midfielders who are all at least as good as him although all offering slightly different things.

I personally dont have a problem with it as i am sure that if we really want him we can offer a better deal than liverpool. If he really wants to go there to be a top player for them as oposed to always being under pressure to keep his place with us then that is his decision to make. The idea the clubs are able to dictate moves and should be entitled to secure fees is outdated and naive.

For the supporters who will have a pop at the people in charge of contract renewals should take into consideration that they only have the best interests of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.