Joe Hart (continued)

Love Joe. But....head n shoulders advert and then doritos, tonight of all nights? I had just finished telling missus how Rooney should concentrate on after hours training instead of prima Donna ads.

sam-caddick said:
I thought he should have read Suarez' second corner better after he tried swerving it in the first time.

Joe is a top keeper but he makes some decisions at times which make you scream, "what are you doing".

He definitely needs decent competition next season otherwise he will go backwards in my opinion, Caballero would be my choice but he is a very good goalkeeper and it wouldn't surprise me to see Pellegrini picking him as first choice.

I am not overly convinced Hart will ever produce that form he showed two or three seasons ago and I ask the question, has he peaked too soon?

You said it better than I could.

He's adequate, I just wonder if we can have a good competition at keeper this season. Joe needs to be pushed because he isn't brilliant anymore. That second goal... meh.

Don't replace him, but I came around to LC's idea that maybe a foreign slot should be used at keeper to get some insurance.

Astley Lad said:
Whatever anyone says about Joe Harts World Cup he hasn't conceded any goals that he would have been expected to save. Don't forget he has had a back four of Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka and Baines in front of him and Henderson and Gerrard as 'defensive midfielders'. Of those six only Cahill would secure a place in the City line up. Maybe he's not world class, but he is the best English keeper by far.

By and large a good post.

Except for one fatal error. Joe is actually World Class.

I can't think of three keepers who are better than him. Massive credit to him as well for getting his mojo back after going through a really bad time.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Astley Lad said:
Whatever anyone says about Joe Harts World Cup he hasn't conceded any goals that he would have been expected to save. Don't forget he has had a back four of Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka and Baines in front of him and Henderson and Gerrard as 'defensive midfielders'. Of those six only Cahill would secure a place in the City line up. Maybe he's not world class, but he is the best English keeper by far.

I can't think of three keepers who are better than him. Massive credit to him as well for getting his mojo back after going through a really bad time.

Just honestly can't agree that joe is world class at all. He showed glimpses that maybe he could become one of the elite keepers in the world during the 11/12 season.. Dortmund game in particular but he has definitely regressed since then.

His reading of the game seems very poor and often he'll get caught out of position.. Balotelli the other night sums this up perfectly. His distribution is dire but everyone knows that. The being beat at the near post is a real issue and the problem I've got with this is that he's being touted as a world class keeper. He isn't and I doubt he ever will be. I'd love to be proven wrong but for me his attitude is all wrong. Did he really need to be making adverts when he was dropped from the side for poor performances last season? For years we would have been taking the piss out of the rags for stuff like this .. But really? Joe hart? It smacks of poor attitude, of someone that takes them self far too seriously. The say 30 hours he's spent making adverts doing voice overs this season could have been spent practicing. And I don't buy any of this bollocks about a short career and needing to earn. He earns more in 2 weeks than i do in a decade

Kitplayer11 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Astley Lad said:

Just honestly can't agree that joe is world class at all. He showed glimpses that maybe he could become one of the elite keepers in the world during the 11/12 season.. Dortmund game in particular but he has definitely regressed since then.

His reading of the game seems very poor and often he'll get caught out of position.. Balotelli the other night sums this up perfectly. His distribution is dire but everyone knows that. The being beat at the near post is a real issue and the problem I've got with this is that he's being touted as a world class keeper. He isn't and I doubt he ever will be. I'd love to be proven wrong but for me his attitude is all wrong. Did he really need to be making adverts when he was dropped from the side for poor performances last season? For years we would have been taking the piss out of the rags for stuff like this .. But really? Joe hart? It smacks of poor attitude, of someone that takes them self far too seriously. The say 30 hours he's spent making adverts doing voice overs this season could have been spent practicing. And I don't buy any of this bollocks about a short career and needing to earn. He earns more in 2 weeks than i do in a decade

Name me three keepers then smart arse.

Kitplayer11 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Astley Lad said:

Not defending or criticising Hart here but you just can't blame him for Mario's goal. Baines and then Cahill defended terribly for that to even let that ball reach his head.

I don't think Hart has totally got his self belief back after his problems last autumn. I think he needs a Dortmund / Spurs type performance to get it completely out of his system.

There was an interesting comment on the radio yesterday by someone who knew the great Pat Jennings. He said that Jennings told him he never enjoyed a game until it was over, such was his fear of making a mistake. And he didn't make many.

It doesn't seem to me that Hart is making saves instinctively as he used to. He appears to be playing in a very rehearsed manner. He's trying to avoid the mistake rather than making great saves.

Maybe Joe should have expected Suarez to repeat his corner attempt in the second half. But the manager and coaches should have identified that threat and put in place a solution i.e. a defender on the near post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.