Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely. For the simple reason Hart has not shown the technical abilities and nous. If he has Hart would have those manifested by now.
However, that would be taking into account Joe is already beyond the point of learning, which he isn't.

Thoughts on this?

Taking off the blue tinted specs, and putting sentiment aside. I think that'd be brilliant deal, personally.

Joe has inherent flaws to his game which don't make him suited to playing in Guardiola side, Ter Stegen is the perfect fit and is a very good goalkeeper in his own right, much younger too. We'd also come away with a £20m profit that we could put towards strengthening other areas of the squad.

I know the mere idea of this will have some spitting feathers, but I think it'd be the best thing for the club and we'd be a stronger side for it.

My only thought was "The Sun"

If it were true, I would tend to agree with you.

This season our defence hasn't had a clue what to do with the ball thanks to the inept coaching of Manuel. They dither and mess around with it and it ends up back with Joe who is then under a lot of pressure. Next season under Pep the defence will be able to build a lot better and there will be less likelihood of the ball being back at Hart's feet with onrushing attackers anyway

It feels wrong to sell Hart, even if that's a crazy tempting figure.

Longest serving player, home grown, and I love his passion. To me, that's more important than money and it's not as if he's costing us points on a regular basis, quite the opposite in fact.

For that reason, i'd say no and offer them Bony instead.

Sentiment aside, I think selling Joe for £40m and getting Ter Stegen for £20m would be fantastic business.

Joe has inherent flaws to his game which make him ill suited to play in a Guardiola side, Ter Stegen is a perfect fit and is a great goalkeeper in his own right, he's the much younger player too.

We'd get a great fee for Joe and would be able to put the £20m profit towards strengthening other areas of the squad. That cash injection might even help us fund a move for Pogba.

It'd be sad to see Joe go, and unpalatable as it would be to see him go to Everton, it would undoubtedly make business sense and sense from a football perspective. It'd make us stronger IMO.

I'd be happy with it, personally - all things considered.

Only problem is, Barca have already told us that they won't part with Ter Stegen for a penny less than the same £40m fee.

It's probably been mentioned already, however, with our lack of home-grown talent, isn't Joe Hart a must to keep hold of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.