joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
slick said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Big call to be made on joe by the manager. Will dropping him destroy his confidence even further or will it gee him up?

Hard to say without knowing hart intimately. But what I do know is that the lad is committed and intelligent.

I've seen English keepers dropped after a run of poor form who never come back properly. It's not that uncommon. I really wouldn't want that to happen.

It doesn't matter because any decision has to be what's best for the club and not the player.
If by dropping Joe it destroys his confidence then it shows he doesn't have what it takes to move to the next level, Joe's not a kid he's been on the block a while now.
Plus his confdence looks shot already if you ask me, it might do him a favour.
I agree the decision has to be in the interests of the club, but what I'm saying is that the long-term impact of giving joe a short,sharp,shock so to speak, might not be in the club's best interests.

He hasn't become a bad keeper overnight but, as is common with young goalies, his confidence is shot.

Ok, that's a point worth debating but how many more errors and how many more points dropped before you think dropping him is justified? In the extreme case Hart's poor form could derail our season if we adopt the approach of hoping he'll get his mojo back asap.

lancs blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
slick said:
It doesn't matter because any decision has to be what's best for the club and not the player.
If by dropping Joe it destroys his confidence then it shows he doesn't have what it takes to move to the next level, Joe's not a kid he's been on the block a while now.
Plus his confdence looks shot already if you ask me, it might do him a favour.
I agree the decision has to be in the interests of the club, but what I'm saying is that the long-term impact of giving joe a short,sharp,shock so to speak, might not be in the club's best interests.

He hasn't become a bad keeper overnight but, as is common with young goalies, his confidence is shot.

Ok, that's a point worth debating but how many more errors and how many more points dropped before you think dropping him is justified? In the extreme case Hart's poor form could derail our season if we adopt the approach of hoping he'll get his mojo back asap.

That's what i'm afraid of.
Joe hopefully will go onto to become a great keeper but at the moment we can't risk continually losing points and games for the sake of one player. It has to stop.

Putting him on the bench would crank up the pressure even more.

Pre match questions would all be asked, during the match the camera would be fixed on Hart and post match depending on what happened even worse.

Is that the best way to help him?

CTID101 said:

Pre match questions would all be asked, during the match the camera would be fixed on Hart and post match depending on what happened even worse.

But it's not really about him though is it.

I feel for the guy but he needs to be dropped.

That, bizarrely, could be the making of him

CTID101 said:

At least he won't let anymore soft goals in when he's on the bench so in answer to your question, Yes it will help him and the rest of us too!

$T2eC16VHJIQE9qUHtHjcBQU12mf2ug~~60_35.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.