joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Team needs geeing up not putting down

First thing I'd say is Joe, you're in my team on Saturday

And I'd be saying to the team, I want a lot more. Don't shrink in these games. It's time Edin to put yourself on the line, or ship out. And it's time to start putting a winning run together so we can guarantee that we're in the Champions League again next season.

Joe you're in after yet more mistakes, but Edin, one more fuck up you're out here?

Manchester_lalala said:
Jumanji said:
Manchester_lalala said:
So he doesn't take blame for the second goal.
What did he do right for the 2nd goal?

Hart anticipated instead of reacting. And that gave Muller a free goal.

Even Hart has said he is trying to change that in his game by watching Casillas DVDs. Like my teacher used to say, putting the book under your pillow isn't going to input the information.

What did he do wrong? You said you should score 1v1's, there's to much a keeper can do when a player goes round them. This is what I was trying to get at in my post a minute ago. City fans are even blaming him for goals like this when it wasn't his fault. But yeah, should of done better on the first and third goals, but he's not the only one to blame on a proper shit night, they should of and could of put 10 past us.
You should score, but that doesn't mean the keeper has to make it easy.

ibaxfJhOPRjYuw.gif

I don't know what your standards are, but Joe should NOT be getting beat like this.

But Joe was to too ready to go to feet. Anticipating, rather than reacting.

It's harder to see in this angle, but if Joe had kept jockeying to the right, I don't think Muller scores.

-------------------------------------

Joe Hart on using reflexes rather than anticipation:
"I'm trying to work out exactly how Casillas manages to react to what the forward does, instead of trying to force the striker into a decision, like I have done until now," Hart told The Mail on Sunday.

"It's better doing it his way, using your reflexes rather than trying to anticipate what is going to happen. I'm working on it - it's something I need to learn.

"In our league you know the forward will favour power over placement, so you can make yourself big and be fairly sure that he's going to shoot where you are covering.

"But more and more I'm coming across different strikers or styles of play that require just what Casillas has; quick decision-making and quick reflexes."

Didsbury Dave said:
Big call to be made on joe by the manager. Will dropping him destroy his confidence even further or will it gee him up?

Hard to say without knowing hart intimately. But what I do know is that the lad is committed and intelligent.

I've seen English keepers dropped after a run of poor form who never come back properly. It's not that uncommon. I really wouldn't want that to happen.

It doesn't matter because any decision has to be what's best for the club and not the player.
If by dropping Joe it destroys his confidence then it shows he doesn't have what it takes to move to the next level, Joe's not a kid he's been on the block a while now.
Plus his confdence looks shot already if you ask me, it might do him a favour.

He needs dropping for saturday !! the only way he will learn is to understand he isnt untouchable ever since we won the league he got comfortable stupid adverts and arrogance. He is a great keeper but for his benefit take him out..

However good he's been in the past (and he has been very very good) it's not happening for him at the moment.

If we just focus on Joe, the call (which is a tough one) is whether pulling him out now will damage his confidence more than letting him play on and potentially make more mistakes.

But if we look more broadly, the real call (from a team perspective) is dead easy - is that if he was any other player in any other position he'd be dropped.

Sorry Joe - but time for a spell on the bench and for you to work hard in training and earn your place back.

ManCitizens. said:
Tim of the Oak said:
ManCitizens. said:
Shut up with this advert shite. Hart was bad tonight but don't blame the TV. On Sunday Lukaku won't be mohre confident because the opposition keeper represents head and shoulders. I've already told you this.

I don't know which advert Pants features in? If Joe plays good luck to him but he needs to be rested, purely on form.

I don't know what trophies Pants has won? I agree Hart is playing badly but your one man campaign against making money and TV adverts is laughable.

I wish I could be as clever as you mate. Have you missed the fact that the country is trying to get out of the worst recession in 80 years and Joe has let in six goals in 5 days for his £100k. I have made my point about the adverts it is you who keep bringing them up.

Anyway, I think MP will pick Joe in Saturday to save his England career. I cheer every save he makes and shout encouragement from the stands. However, this forum is about giving opinions and Joe's saves to shots ratio is very poor since last season and his distribution and handling of crosses are not the best.

slick said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Big call to be made on joe by the manager. Will dropping him destroy his confidence even further or will it gee him up?

Hard to say without knowing hart intimately. But what I do know is that the lad is committed and intelligent.

I've seen English keepers dropped after a run of poor form who never come back properly. It's not that uncommon. I really wouldn't want that to happen.

It doesn't matter because any decision has to be what's best for the club and not the player.
If by dropping Joe it destroys his confidence then it shows he doesn't have what it takes to move to the next level, Joe's not a kid he's been on the block a while now.
Plus his confdence looks shot already if you ask me, it might do him a favour.
I agree the decision has to be in the interests of the club, but what I'm saying is that the long-term impact of giving joe a short,sharp,shock so to speak, might not be in the club's best interests.

He hasn't become a bad keeper overnight but, as is common with young goalies, his confidence is shot.

Right, back home, tired and depressed, but as clear in my mind as ever that this joker needs to go!

First goal saw him beaten by a speculative shot that he took an eternity to react to, and when he did he decided to use just one arm!

Second goal saw him kick the ball needlessly into midfield aimlessly trying to find a colleague when Clichy was available for a simple ball that would have kept possession. Around 60 seconds later, and without another City player so much as touching the ball, we are 2 down.

Third goal saw him beaten at his near post!

In short I will refer anyone who cares to bother to an earlier post in the thread when I said that too many blues confuse this 'A' list celebrity with what we really need, and he quite clearly isn't, an 'A' list goalkeeper.

Time to go Joe, and take anyone else with you who cares to argue otherwise on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.