joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everything always needs to be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to analysing football.
First of all, every player makes mistakes, but the play most vulnerable to being called out for mistakes are keepers, always have been and always will be. A forward misses a goal chance, it's likely forgotten in the next 5 minutes, a keeper makes a mistake that leads to a goal and he's crucified for it. It comes with the job. The best keepers aren't just the ones who make the fewest mistakes, it's the ones who can also bounce back immediatley from mistakes and just forget about them. They're all human, everyone makes mistakes, but a keeper needs to be able to just completely forget and not let it haunt them in the game or we'll start to see more and more mistakes as their confidence goes.
I think that's what we're seeing with Hart. He made the odd mistake here and there and suddenly, they're statring to build up just a little bit. He's still better than the majority of the players we see week in and week out in the Premiership. I wouldn't go near saying he's become terrible or the other extreme saying he's the best in the world when he's on top of his game, because he's not. (For me the best in the world is Neuer who we say last night but that's for another day)

Every player has flaws, top players have flaws but the idea is that their strengths outweigh their flaws and we'll put up with the 2/3% of the bad for the rest of the good because it's a benefit to the team. The worry is that when their form slips that their flaws start to become more prevalent when their confidence goes.
For me, I think we're seeing an issue of confidence problems with Hart. So the question is do we stick with him and hope he bounces back or look for other options.
He has his flaws, and he's made mistakes, but what other option do we have in early October but stick with him or chance our back up keeper?

It's an easy stick to beat Joe over the head with with regards his commercial activities, of which, I only know of the Head & Shoulders bollocks.

Money-making opportunities such as them, only come your way if you are doing well. It certainly hasn't stopped the likes of Ronaldo and Messi from performing on the pitch.

Sadly, I think we, as City fans, have fallen into the convenient trap of buying into the hype we like to create for any above-average English player?

We are seeing it now with Ross Barkley, a good talent, but already dubbed the next Rooney.

I think although Joe is big in stature, he is still mentally weak in terms of performing under pressure, and he is now like one of those dart players who struggle to let go and play their natural game.

In all honesty, his best was seen at Birmingham, and perhaps that was another indicator?

Had plenty of verbals with people in my attempts to defend him, and there is never a good time to drop a keeper, but it must come.

It's a shame there is such a paucity of English keepers. I believe Hodgson would do us the biggest turn by dropping him and at least suggesting Hart's World Cup place was in the balance.

Have to say, Manuel Neuer seems in control of everything around him at all times. Hart's delivery has always been slow or poor. Neuer, a bit like De Gea, has the lay of the land very quickly, when it comes to releasing the ball.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Radical but possible solution?

Send him back to Shrewsbury on a month's loan.

they don't want him

lets give him a few weeks to train hard away from the hassle and see what's Costas can do to stop us shipping goals

Joe was f poor last night, gutted ... seems he has lost confidence ..
Hope he plays on Saturday and we give him a good song to boost his confidence

time for pants to come in and shine...!!! should be given a chance otherwise why have a number two as back up

JoeMercer'sWay said:
johnbmcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

they don't want him

lets give him a few weeks to train hard away from the hassle and see what's Costas can do to stop us shipping goals

said who?
That would be insulting to Joe, no disrespect to Shrewsbury, but you cannot send an England international and established premier league player to them on loan

geek said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

To achieve what exactly?

send him back to his roots. No pressure, see some familiar faces, get him thinking about what it was that made him so keen to be a professional footballer, get him refreshed, hungry and determined to come back and have a fresh start.

Keeping him out of the limelight and dropping him will just make him depressed of Carrington and want to leave, and then we'd lose him permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.