joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinmadrid said:
George Hannah said:
from another place

Burt said:
A pal of mine works on the doors and knows shedloads of the lads on the circuit and he tells me that it is apparently quite common knowledge behind the scenes that Joe has been drinking far too much booze for quite some time. Makes sense when you see how his performances have dropped in the last year or so.....Pellers needs to stamp his authority quickly or he will be undermined.

anyone else heard about this?

If it's true then it's reminiscent of Nicky Weaver being led astray by the bright lights of Manchester. But I'd take this with a pinch of salt personally...

He's doing Taquilla slammers then..........

I think as city fans we really need to get behind the guy. In the past he has shown that he is capable of being world class. He is still young in goalkeeping terms but is clearly short of confidence. Rather than slate him we need to show him that we support him fully. Every now and then he will make mistakes but a confident joe hart is one of the best goal keepers in the world.

It pains me to say it but he's not good enough to be our number 1. Anymore. If he wants to stay and be a backup then good but he has to be replaced, either by Casillas or Valdez. Create our little Span City team. If they 2 aren't available then I'd go for Begovic, Handanovic or Stegen.

davymcfc said:
I think as city fans we really need to get behind the guy. In the past he has shown that he is capable of being world class. He is still young in goalkeeping terms but is clearly short of confidence. Rather than slate him we need to show him that we support him fully. Every now and then he will make mistakes but a confident joe hart is one of the best goal keepers in the world.

The guy is getting to msny chances get him dropped mite be the kick up the arse he needs

There are clear flaws in his technical and athletic abilities; coupled with a confidence crisis
When he had a point to prove he wanted shots and to be in the thick of the action; his exuberant self confidence and precociousness were his assets. Now he has the England Number 1 tag it's as though the ball is his enemy the pressure has completely hamstrung him. Just looking to get through games without a cockup and inevitably that's when they happen.
Look at his interviews - alright he is maturing - but he's become some sort of automatron constantly reiterating the "I'm a professional" stance.
Seriously needs time out of the limelight and to actually start looking forward to and enjoying his football again. A made up injury for a month might help.

I have been of of Joe's biggest supporter's on here, especially last year but enough is enough.

I have also noticed his popularity has waned a bit on here, since photographs of him on holiday larking about with Wayne Rooney have been published....although this shouldn't be an issue, in the sixties one of Buzzer's best mates was George Best.

Time for Pants to step up to the plate...take the pressure off Joe, who I still believe has a bright future, either here or elsewhere....

Another thing.....Remember when Taggart took the (then) controversial decision to drop Jim Leighton for the Cup final replay......sometimes you have to make tough calls......

GaudinoMotors said:
There are clear flaws in his technical and athletic abilities; coupled with a confidence crisis
When he had a point to prove he wanted shots and to be in the thick of the action; his exuberant self confidence and precociousness were his assets. Now he has the England Number 1 tag it's as though the ball is his enemy the pressure has completely hamstrung him. Just looking to get through games without a cockup and inevitably that's when they happen.
Look at his interviews - alright he is maturing - but he's become some sort of automatron constantly reiterating the "I'm a professional" stance.
Seriously needs time out of the limelight and to actually start looking forward to and enjoying his football again. A made up injury for a month might help.

I know we've locked horns over Joe before ... but I owe you an apology. He absolutely is struggling to a point where I no longer think he can play his way out of it and needs to be dropped.

Meaningful opposition should have been brought in during the window. If they don't rate pants( as I suspect is the case) then that should have been addressed. He's at the stage now that neither fans or team mates have any belief in him. Any one else see the absolute howler he let right through him in the warm up? Fucking hell an old granny would have saved it.

interesting to hear what bob wilson said on five live last night , he stated he could study every single premiership keeper this season and they have probably made more mistakes than joe , but joes mistakes and magnified due to be at a top 3 club and current england number one , does he have a point ? Personally i think pantilimon deserves a chance , give time for joe to get his form back in training , but we must also take into consideration our defence is suspect this season , zabs,clichy,nastasic,komps have all contributed to some diabolical defending this season. Just a pity the media witch hunt will tear joe to pieces for the next few months , but a price worth paying because when he recovers his form , Joe hart is the best keeper in the world when he is at his best.

BillyShears said:
GaudinoMotors said:

I know we've locked horns over Joe before ... but I owe you an apology. He absolutely is struggling to a point where I no longer think he can play his way out of it and needs to be dropped.

Thanks Billy

I'm hoping that's the last apology you'll make to me though. Hoping you're right about the other things we've locked horns on.

Cheers Mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.