joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Nobody is saying that he isn't a good keeper.

I can't believe it's a controversial statement to say that a City player isn't the best in the entire league in their position.

Not controversial but arguable. For me Joe's the best keeper in the league with the exception of Cech, who himself has had some dodgy spells in the last few seasons. People can argue De Gea's better ... time will tell, but as things stand Joe's record stands up as being the top keeper in the league.

Damocles said:

I can't believe it's a controversial statement to say that a City player isn't the best in the entire league in their position.

I for one don't think that's controversial although I struggle to think of anyone better over the course of a season in the Prem. de Gea was that 'good' that he lost his place several times last season.

I don't think you can term anybody who makes as many errors as Hart as the best in the league. And I don't just mean errors that lead directly to a goal, his kicking is also really really bad and he constantly gives the ball away on it.

Remember the Dortmund performance or the Spurs one? When was the last time we saw that type of performance from him in the league?

In Clichy-Nasty-Kompany-Zab we have arguably the best defence in the league and it's no shock that Hart is winning Golden Gloves whilst behind them.

Two seasons ago Hart was a lot better than De Gea but know I would say De Gea just edges it and is the better keeper. They are equally good shot stoppers. De Gea has always been poor commanding his box and a few seasons ago Hart excelled in this. I remember a game when he wiped out Dunney to claim the ball. However Hart's command of the box has drastically regressed in recent months. The biggest difference between De Gea and Hart is their distribution and being honest De Gea's is 100x better than Hart in this aspect.

The problem with Hart is he has much less saves to make than 90% of all other world keepers in a real scenario, not training. His progress has gone backwards and although I have full faith that he will once again become a great, however he needs dropping now as his mistakes are within most parameters of goalkeeping and that's not good enough.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Has world class been mentioned yet?

He is not world class, needs to realise he isn't and start working hard again.

Best thing that could happen for us is Hogdson dropping him from England's team.

Been saying this, even in the season we won the title (don't say it anymore at the games) and that he reminds me of Michael Owen where England comes first and club second, not realising his club form will solidify his England place.

World Class my arse BUT there is not one keeper in the world that should have the title of "World Class". This title is reserved for all round capabilities including but not least concentration and command of area. Joe should also admit when he has made a mistake and vow to come back better - I as a fan would at least see that he does know he still needs to improve. If he has this thought in his mind then he will be fine because he is only 26 years old and around 4 years to his prime but his prime could be somewhere else if he is not careful.

Damocles said:
I don't think you can term anybody who makes as many errors as Hart as the best in the league. And I don't just mean errors that lead directly to a goal, his kicking is also really really bad and he constantly gives the ball away on it.

Remember the Dortmund performance or the Spurs one? When was the last time we saw that type of performance from him in the league?

In Clichy-Nasty-Kompany-Zab we have arguably the best defence in the league and it's no shock that Hart is winning Golden Gloves whilst behind them.

When was the last time we were under the cosh a la Dortmund and Spurs ? When have you seen De Gea, Mignolet, Begovic etc turn in a performance like that?

As. I've said, I think there are better keepers, Casillas and Neuer spring to mind, certainly in terms of distribution and if we could sign that quality, fine.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:

Not controversial but arguable. For me Joe's the best keeper in the league with the exception of Cech, who himself has had some dodgy spells in the last few seasons. People can argue De Gea's better ... time will tell, but as things stand Joe's record stands up as being the top keeper in the league.

Joe was undoubtedly the best in 11/12, even over Cech, he has since regressed a bit.

Joe needs to be told we want him to be our Schmeichel but it's a two way street, he has to deserve the shirt. Hart helped us win the league but so did others who have since been sold or look to be sold. IF he wants it he has to step up, if he doesn't then there's an unhappy Spaniard who is best in the world who apparently wants the gig.

NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
Damocles said:

Joe was undoubtedly the best in 11/12, even over Cech, he has since regressed a bit.

Joe needs to be told we want him to be our Schmeichel but it's a two way street, he has to deserve the shirt. Hart helped us win the league but so did others who have since been sold or look to be sold. IF he wants it he has to step up, if he doesn't then there's an unhappy Spaniard who is best in the world who apparently wants the gig.

Totally take your point Nip. It's a judgement call the management team need to make on Joe. Ultimately though, with him being England's current number 1, I don't see him being dropped or sold anytime soon. He just needs to step up and man up a little and show why some of us think he's the best in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.