joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Nobody is saying that he isn't a good keeper.

I can't believe it's a controversial statement to say that a City player isn't the best in the entire league in their position.

I think Mignolet is up there now with the best, he's turned in to a cracking keeper

BillyShears said:
NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
Not controversial but arguable. For me Joe's the best keeper in the league with the exception of Cech, who himself has had some dodgy spells in the last few seasons. People can argue De Gea's better ... time will tell, but as things stand Joe's record stands up as being the top keeper in the league.

Joe was undoubtedly the best in 11/12, even over Cech, he has since regressed a bit.

Joe needs to be told we want him to be our Schmeichel but it's a two way street, he has to deserve the shirt. Hart helped us win the league but so did others who have since been sold or look to be sold. IF he wants it he has to step up, if he doesn't then there's an unhappy Spaniard who is best in the world who apparently wants the gig.

Totally take your point Nip. It's a judgement call the management team need to make on Joe. Ultimately though, with him being England's current number 1, I don't see him being dropped or sold anytime soon. He just needs to step up and man up a little and show why some of us think he's the best in the league.

I can see Butland entering the fold soon and maybe Forster. Hart hasn't got the England gig totally cemented. There is an ever increasing momentum to see him displaced from that role and someone else get a crack.

The reason I think Hart is quality is because he can save a game on his own and save shots that you expect the net to bulge with. His weakness is distribution and getting down low to his left. Dave Watson coached him at B'Ham iirc and that's the man we should bring in to help him out again but with the new GK coach that may not happen unfortuantely.

With Spanish style of play GK'ers have to be tidy on the ball and almost pass like another defender. The ball gets passed around the backline and the keeper needs a good touch and pass.

Danamy said:
Damocles said:
Nobody is saying that he isn't a good keeper.

I can't believe it's a controversial statement to say that a City player isn't the best in the entire league in their position.

I think Mignolet is up there now with the best, he's turned in to a cracking keeper

What is amazing was his price. To think De Gea (good keeper) cost £18m and Mignolet cost £8m, what a steal! I think Stoke were asking for £15-20m for Begovic, just shows LFC got a bargain there.

Tidy keeper, passes and throws well and he is very agile. Belgium are thriving throughout their squad options but in particular they have him and Courtois to pick from, two of the best young keepers in the world. Astounding.

He made one top save when one on one with Campbell but what annoyed me was his lack of command. Milner was admittedly pushing their player onto Joe but as a keeper he should run over anyone in his way to get that ball. He needs to learn those lessons quick as it's clear our marking isn't upto what it was right now.

I've already said on this thread that I think Panti now deserves his chance but can people stop saying idiotic stuff like 'he needs to spend less time doing H&S adverts and strutting down the catwalk'. Does everyone saying this realise that advert probably took up an afternoon, he's not reenacting the advert on a daily basis - they just play a repeat of it on TV!....I don't think it's why he's shit at dealing with crosses! Messi has done a lot of adverts too you know!

Whilst Hart is definitely playing poorly I think everyone needs to lay off the amateur psychology for the reasons why and stop assuming he's being arrogant or overconfident.

I also don't understand people saying stuff like bring in world class competition for him - that's just not how the goalkeeping position works at any club in the world. If Casillas came in, he plays every game and Hart goes....Hart has to either prove he's world-class again this year or we sell and replace him, there's no middle ground with someone on his money and with his standing in the game.

cant believe Hart is getting stick for what happened at Cardiff,
scapegoat for an all round lack of nous on how Cardiff would react to going behind, some very silly stuff poor analysis on all 3 goals,those ads and fashion stuff have really got folk worked up,
Hart leaving, getting dropped wont solve anything,not a single result it would make things worse though

aspm19 said:
plongo said:
Yes
Mancini wanted to sell Hart. Didn't rate him thought he was weak on his left side
David platt on Al Jazeera said, If me and Mancini was still at city Joe Hart would not of been there , we had plans to bring in and replace him with
Azimir Begovich from Stoke.

Here is a link to what david platt said, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport360.com/football/mancini-planned-sell-hart-begovic-reveals-ex-man-city-coach" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport360.com/football/mancin ... city-coach</a>?<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 am --<br /><br />
aspm19 said:
plongo said:
Yes
Mancini wanted to sell Hart. Didn't rate him thought he was weak on his left side
David platt on Al Jazeera said, If me and Mancini was still at city Joe Hart would not of been there , we had plans to bring in and replace him with
Azimir Begovich from Stoke.

Here is a link to what david platt said, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport360.com/football/mancini-planned-sell-hart-begovic-reveals-ex-man-city-coach" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport360.com/football/mancin ... city-coach</a>?

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Can't understand Joe one bit,he is 6ft 5inch about 15 stone,on corners he should be coming out and flattening everything in front of him.

I agree. Unfortunately I think he thinks football is like Subbuteo.

shevtheblue said:
He made one top save when one on one with Campbell but what annoyed me was his lack of command. Milner was admittedly pushing their player onto Joe but as a keeper he should run over anyone in his way to get that ball. He needs to learn those lessons quick as it's clear our marking isn't upto what it was right now.

He was too busy having a personal push and shoving match with the Cardiff player-the ball was there to be plucked out of the air and claimed,i know as a keeper he has to hold his own but he should of paid a bit more attention to the ball, i mean keepers get enough protection, normally the slightest budge and its a foul.
Joe, concentrate more on the ball son, not on proving your stronger than the guy put there to do just what that Cardiff lad did yesterday-that is put you off , distract your concentration on the job in hand !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.