joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until they scored he was the best player after Silva for me. He kept us in the game a couple of times, great save against Campbell one on one. For me he needs to dramatically improve three things:

1) His kicking, Has always been dismal.
2) Corners. Has been dodgy for a few seasons now.
3) His command of the defense. He's far too quiet for my liking, he needs to be screaming at his back four and commanding them.

Home » Premiership » Manchester City Platt - Begovic was lined up to replace Hart Manchester City, Last updated: 1 hour 27 minutes ago Ex-assistant David Platt says Man City were going to sell Joe Hart and sign Asmir Begovic if he and Roberto Mancini had stayed. Platt and former boss Roberto Mancini both left the Etihad Stadium at the end of last season after a disappointing campaign, while Hart came in for some criticism as well for some below-par displays. The England international has also had some flak for his performance in Sunday's shock 3-2 defeat at Cardiff City but Platt's admission that Hart would have been sold and Potters number one Begovic was a top target comes as a surprise. Platt has been quoted as saying on Al Jazeera TV: "If Mancini and I were still at Man City this year, Joe Hart wouldn't be there. "We made a decision to sign Asmir Begovic." Hart's position at City is not thought to be under threat and current boss Manuel Pellegrini is not actively looking for a replacement, while Begovic, who is rated around £15million, has also been linked with both Manchester United and Arsenal in the summer transfer window. Read more about Manchester City.

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/platt---begovic-was-lined-up-to-replace-hart-1623283.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city ... 23283.html</a>?

big blueballs said:
Home » Premiership » Manchester City Platt - Begovic was lined up to replace Hart Manchester City, Last updated: 1 hour 27 minutes ago Ex-assistant David Platt says Man City were going to sell Joe Hart and sign Asmir Begovic if he and Roberto Mancini had stayed. Platt and former boss Roberto Mancini both left the Etihad Stadium at the end of last season after a disappointing campaign, while Hart came in for some criticism as well for some below-par displays. The England international has also had some flak for his performance in Sunday's shock 3-2 defeat at Cardiff City but Platt's admission that Hart would have been sold and Potters number one Begovic was a top target comes as a surprise. Platt has been quoted as saying on Al Jazeera TV: "If Mancini and I were still at Man City this year, Joe Hart wouldn't be there. "We made a decision to sign Asmir Begovic." Hart's position at City is not thought to be under threat and current boss Manuel Pellegrini is not actively looking for a replacement, while Begovic, who is rated around £15million, has also been linked with both Manchester United and Arsenal in the summer transfer window. Read more about Manchester City.

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/platt---begovic-was-lined-up-to-replace-hart-1623283.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city ... 23283.html</a>?
He's back tracking now on it saying they only liked Begovic and wasn't after selling Joe. Shitbag he is.

Not sure what is going on with Joe. Not worried at the moment, and think the media haven't had a goalkeeper controversy to talk about for awhile, so they are going to stir the pot (it's what they do best). Maybe he has had too good of a defense in front of him for too long, and gotten complacent. He plays for a team that usually has most the possession, so he does need to maintain his level of alartness, and be "on" even when he has had nothing to do most the game. Of course, we had Garcia as a centre-back for the first time ever, so I can't imagine communication on the back line was at its best.

Beezer said:
Not sure what is going on with Joe. Not worried at the moment, and think the media haven't had a goalkeeper controversy to talk about for awhile, so they are going to stir the pot (it's what they do best). Maybe he has had too good of a defense in front of him for too long, and gotten complacent. He plays for a team that usually has most the possession, so he does need to maintain his level of alartness, and be "on" even when he has had nothing to do most the game. Of course, we had Garcia as a centre-back for the first time ever, so I can't imagine communication on the back line was at its best.
I second this

No excuse for letting the ball get so close to the line off the corners.

I see no problem giving Pants a start if Hart performs the next game like he did this one. Not completely ruling out Hart but he needs some fire in his belly.

I believe that Hart was at fault for the second goal although it could be argued that he was being fouled. I thought the first lescott should have been quicker to clear the rebound and the third I thought Zaba should have marked Campbell better.
I think that Joe's reluctancy to come for crosses is down to a lack of confidence possibly caused by the public criticising he's had from Bobby M, Roy Hodgeson and the Rag media.
Hopefully Pelle can do something to help Joe recover his confidence and become the goalkeeper we all know and love rather than what we are seeing atm.
He is a great goalkeeper but he could also benefit from a small time on the bench. i think Joe should start against Hull but maybe give panty the Stoke game which leaves joe ready for the derby against the scum

Hart has been steadily getting worse since last season. He was joint top of errors leading to goals along with Federici

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.