joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of our starting FB's are hopeless at corners. Our starting CB's were both absent (why was Nasty on bench? Start or in stAnd is place for him). Barry out of picture. Not Joe's biggest fan but scapegoating him and Garcia is ridiculous.

Media using Hart as a stick to beat us with whilst sucking Teenwolf's cock. Different season, same shit.

karen7 said:
Eccles Blue said:
newenglandblue said:
From Adrian Durham - not always agree with him and I am worried about Hart's form, but as posted earlier think we need to back him right now

The search goes on for the goalkeeper who has never made a mistake. While Manuel Pellegrini was learning harsh lessons about centre-halves (Joleon Lescott needs a better one alongside him, and Javi Garcia isn’t one) Joe Hart took all the blame on his head and shoulders for Manchester City’s defeat at Cardiff.

Firstly Cardiff’s game plan was near-perfect, so credit them for that. They never buckled even when the visitors took the lead, and in Kim Bo-Kyung and Fraizer Campbell had the two standout performers on the pitch.
With the shambles in front of him still trying to work out the difference between zonal and man-marking, Hart’s confidence took a knock. He was doing the work of three men in that box.

After being publicly undermined, almost humiliated by his club manager last season, Hart needs to be cut some slack here.

If you think Ben Foster and Fraser Forster have never made a mistake, then you’ve not watched them closely enough.

Hart is still by some distance England’s best goalkeeper. If the others work harder, then maybe they will stand a chance. We’re lucky to have a keeper who’s been an undisputed No 1 at a club that’s been winning things. Let’s look after him a bit better

At last some more backing for our Joe!! Leave the lad alone, he has enough people getting at him without City fans buying into the hysteria. Joe is OUR keeper and he will be alright if only people would get off his case and support him. Whether I will be on my own or not I will be singing 'England, England's number one' on Saturday. I'm used to singing alone nowadays!! I was singing alone on Sunday: The boys in blue never give in and we fight to the end!!

(And it didn't rain!!)

Go for it Eccles! I dont understand not singing at the game,when i used to go i would come away with no voice
I am sure joe will appreciate it

Thank you Karen7, I will and, like you, I rarely have a voice the day after the game. For which my family are eternally grateful!!

The Boys in Blue never give in!!

The only goal I really blame Hart for is the 2nd one, when he totally misjudged the ball, and Campbell had almost an empty goal to aim at.
And that was in front of the goal.

But even the best keepers makes a fault now and then, they are human. And I think there was more pressure on him, because Vinny and Nasty were not there, Joe felt it most. Still,I'm sure he is in the Top10 of the worlds best goalkeepers.

Though, I'd give Panty a try if such faults reoccur.

A quote from the BBC website from Roy Hodgson:

"ENGLAND SQUAD
England manager Roy Hodgson on goalkeeper Joe Hart's form: "Goalkeepers like Joe at top teams like Manchester City don't always have a lot to do. So mistakes are highlighted. I have complete faith in Joe. I'm pretty sure he'll get the right headlines again. He's a top-class goalkeeper to work with.""

Not always in agreement with Hodgson, why doesn't he pick Micah for example but in this I agree with him. Come on Joe.

Hes never been the same since Mancini slaged him of at Madrid, hopefully england drop him so then the whole country doesnt slag him off which makes his confidence drop. schmicheal said on MOTD that hes doing fine and doesnt deserve the shit hes getting. i agree get off his back and support our no.1. in my opion hes the best GK in the league and in England but with every one slagging him off no wonder hes a bag of nerves

Funny how when Hart makes a mistake he's shit and needs dropping but when Pablo has a torrid time it's because he's covering for Garcia and no fault of his own.

Not slagging any off but these things happen the difference is 95% of the time a keeper fucks up it normally results in conceding a goal.

If anyone would be as kind to name a keeper who has been consistently world class, error free throughout their career please feel free to name them and if anyone can name me a world class keeper who has been dropped from resulting poor errors then please name them as well.

Panti will most likely play capital one cup or even FA cup games like usual..... Bottom line is if we played United/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal....ect I'd feel more confident with Hart in net then Pantillimon.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Funny how when Hart makes a mistake he's shit and needs dropping but when Pablo has a torrid time it's because he's covering for Garcia and no fault of his own.

Not slagging any off but these things happen the difference is 95% of the time a keeper fucks up it normally results in conceding a goal.

If anyone would be as kind to name a keeper who has been consistently world class, error free throughout their career please feel free to name them and if anyone can name me a world class keeper who has been dropped from resulting poor errors then please name them as well.

Panti will most likely play capital one cup or even FA cup games like usual..... Bottom line is if we played United/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal....ect I'd feel more confident with Hart in net then Pantillimon.

The difference between the two is that we don't have anyone to replace Zab. If Richards was healthy he would have been starting the next game. In Hart's case, this isn't ONE game. This has been going on for a while now, dating back to the Mancini era.

Also I might add that Steklenburg was dropped last season by Roma and eventually sold to Fulham. He's a world class keeper who's been dropped because of poor errors.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:

My worry isn't that he's making the odd error but more to do with him not improving the parts of his game that need work. There's no doubt about his ability, on his game there are only a handful of other keepers in Europe that I'd rather have in front of him.
The truth is his kicking has been poor, it has for a while and I'd have hoped that there would have been a big improvement seeing as the way the games played nowadays it's an important part of a keepers locker. He's also a little slow off his line when balls are put over the top, he doesn't anticipate anywhere near quick enough and an example would have been on Sunday when Garcia headed it back and Cambell ran onto it forcing Joe to make the save. It shouldn't have happened, although not a great deal of pace on the original header I'd like Harts starting position to be a lot better giving himself the chance to collect the ball without needing to make the save.
The other thing that concerns me, and for someone of joes height it really shouldn't be happening, is his lack of authority when the balls put in the 6 yard box. When the balls between the 6 yard line and penalty spot I don't expect him to come, especially through traffic, but anywhere in the 6 yard box your goalkeeper has to take charge.
Fortunately these are things that can be improved on with plenty of work on the training ground.
By no means is he suddenly not good enough, he's having a dip in form and should be given backing at the ground to help his confidence - what we shouldn't be doing is having blind faith and not recognising that mistakes have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.