joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article on this topics

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/1747?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tacticsan ... 47?cc=5901</a>

Hart is now in a peculiar position -- criticised for being cocky just a year ago, he now appears to be lacking confidence.

"To go into a game wondering, 'What if I do this wrong?' is a terrible way to think," Hart said shortly before making his competitive England debut three years ago. All goalkeepers make mistakes, but thinking about errors simply produces more, and Hart must remain focused.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Funny how when Hart makes a mistake he's shit and needs dropping but when Pablo has a torrid time it's because he's covering for Garcia and no fault of his own.

Not slagging any off but these things happen the difference is 95% of the time a keeper fucks up it normally results in conceding a goal.

If anyone would be as kind to name a keeper who has been consistently world class, error free throughout their career please feel free to name them and if anyone can name me a world class keeper who has been dropped from resulting poor errors then please name them as well.

Panti will most likely play capital one cup or even FA cup games like usual..... Bottom line is if we played United/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal....ect I'd feel more confident with Hart in net then Pantillimon.

The difference between the two is that we don't have anyone to replace Zab. If Richards was healthy he would have been starting the next game. In Hart's case, this isn't ONE game. This has been going on for a while now, dating back to the Mancini era.

Also I might add that Steklenburg was dropped last season by Roma and eventually sold to Fulham. He's a world class keeper who's been dropped because of poor errors.

Like this one?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUb2mbvYXZA[/youtube]

Seriously though when you say dating back to Mancini era you make it sound like it's gone on for years. Perhaps the most noticeable is probably around February time. The only time (bar Cardiff the other day) that also sticks to the back of my mind was the Southampton game where he made a proper clanger.

It would do no harm to drop the lad for a few games.
Not exactly been on recent form city or England.
We have a tremendous keeper in Pants with a a serious desire to do well.
A great acquisition from Timo.
Keeps his head down and does his job.
Had a great FA cup run and then came the disrespect.
Joe Hart is our number 1 choice but no harm in giving Pants a run out if only to maintain the pressure on him.
Easy though to look for scapegoats.
Zabba had a mare and yaya also performed dismally.
But if we really want to go to town then lets have the full team on the chopping block.
If they had performed as well in both half's as they did in the last 6 minutes we would have walked it.
Absolutely walked it !
A desire to play to your absolute best for the full 90 minutes and nothing less.
Nothing less.

Not only do our defense need to get used to Pellegrini's set up and playing style, but so does Joe. And quick. We have a perfectly capable shot stopper in Pants and in my opinion Pants is the better with set pieces (height advantage and all that).

If Joe Hart doesn't start to pick up his game very soon then I think we will have to replace him with Pants or another alternative.

As stated in Pello discuss thread any keeper worth his salt will dominate the 6 yard box. Trautmann was the perfect exponent of this skill. Keepers that display this talent become great. I suggest Joe has work to but he is young for a keeper.

Long term Hart is ours, and England's number 1. No doubt about that. But all players go thru rough patches and Hart is going through his. I don't think it would do him any harm to be benched for a few games. He's leaking goals at the moment and I don't think a spell out of the spotlight would do a still relatively young guy any harm at all.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
Funny how when Hart makes a mistake he's shit and needs dropping but when Pablo has a torrid time it's because he's covering for Garcia and no fault of his own.

Not slagging any off but these things happen the difference is 95% of the time a keeper fucks up it normally results in conceding a goal.

If anyone would be as kind to name a keeper who has been consistently world class, error free throughout their career please feel free to name them and if anyone can name me a world class keeper who has been dropped from resulting poor errors then please name them as well.

Panti will most likely play capital one cup or even FA cup games like usual..... Bottom line is if we played United/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal....ect I'd feel more confident with Hart in net then Pantillimon.

The difference between the two is that we don't have anyone to replace Zab. If Richards was healthy he would have been starting the next game. In Hart's case, this isn't ONE game. This has been going on for a while now, dating back to the Mancini era.

Also I might add that Steklenburg was dropped last season by Roma and eventually sold to Fulham. He's a world class keeper who's been dropped because of poor errors.

Like this one?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUb2mbvYXZA[/youtube]

Seriously though when you say dating back to Mancini era you make it sound like it's gone on for years. Perhaps the most noticeable is probably around February time. The only time (bar Cardiff the other day) that also sticks to the back of my mind was the Southampton game where he made a proper clanger.

That's a pretty funny video lol.

Mancini era regardless of when it was is still a Mancini era. I see no reason to not drop him for a game to get his head in the right place. People think the bench is the worst thing ever but when your on the bench you can see a lot of things differently then you would on the pitch. If anything this is supposed to help Hart. He's a corner stone to this team and he needs to realize that.

Better performance from him today ! I think hes been told to punch the ball a bit more instead of fumbling it

kippaxchris said:
Better performance from him today ! I think hes been told to punch the ball a bit more instead of fumbling it

was a better performance from him.....

kippaxchris said:

Interesting, never thought of that until you have just mentioned it.

I find it is a very typical trait of La Liga goalkeepers so I can see if he has been told to do it by the new goalkeeping coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.