joe hart

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaigurugoat said:
One error which led to second Cardiff goal and it wasn't even a bad one - it was a great corner and very difficult for any keeper because of the pace on it and the fact he was being obstructed. Two or three other good saves which have been overlooked. No question of dropping him at the moment in my opinion.

He was at fault for the both corners. All he needed to do was take half a step back to avoid the player. As a team we should allow an apposing player between him and our defender. Every time a ball is crossed he stays on his line anyway looking to punch which is what he would have done had he been allowed, why not catch?

I think he has made a catalogue of errors since the beginning of last season but never seems to be made to pay. Imagine if it was Dzeko, there would be 500 pages ready to string him up!

We've switched from zonal to man marking. It might turn out to be an improvement in the longer term, but on Sunday we were a mess. The players were all over the place. Hart should have done better, but some allowance should be made for the change in system.

Hart has to do better with corners, we were caught out last season and were caught out again on Sunday. He's the keeper, so it's his area and he has to command it better.

However what worries me even more than Hart is how amateur their third goal was. They didn't look like they were even going to cross it in to the box and were going to play for time in the corner, they didn't commit many men forward and just clipped it in to the box rather than drilling it in as they did for the second. Basically it was just a punt in to the area where they wouldn't commit many men and look to get men behind the ball, and it's a free header.

The whole team would get a rollocking on a Sunday league pitch for stuff like that, schoolboy stuff really, just hope it was a bad day at the office as it was basic stuff we got totally wrong, but these things happen and it isn't Hart's fault not one person in a City shirt went to win the header.

At least MP got to see this now when we have time to put it right.

Joe needs our support now more than any time he as been here, the media are on a witch hunt and we shouldn't buy into it.

Joe looks as though his confidence is low at the moment and he needs the support of his fans to regain it.

cibaman said:
We've switched from zonal to man marking. It might turn out to be an improvement in the longer term, but on Sunday we were a mess. The players were all over the place. Hart should have done better, but some allowance should be made for the change in system.

Our defence wasnt the problem last year,lack of goals was.. this year we have 6 goals yet have conceeded 3.

From Adrian Durham - not always agree with him and I am worried about Hart's form, but as posted earlier think we need to back him right now

The search goes on for the goalkeeper who has never made a mistake. While Manuel Pellegrini was learning harsh lessons about centre-halves (Joleon Lescott needs a better one alongside him, and Javi Garcia isn’t one) Joe Hart took all the blame on his head and shoulders for Manchester City’s defeat at Cardiff.

Firstly Cardiff’s game plan was near-perfect, so credit them for that. They never buckled even when the visitors took the lead, and in Kim Bo-Kyung and Fraizer Campbell had the two standout performers on the pitch.
With the shambles in front of him still trying to work out the difference between zonal and man-marking, Hart’s confidence took a knock. He was doing the work of three men in that box.

After being publicly undermined, almost humiliated by his club manager last season, Hart needs to be cut some slack here.

If you think Ben Foster and Fraser Forster have never made a mistake, then you’ve not watched them closely enough.

Hart is still by some distance England’s best goalkeeper. If the others work harder, then maybe they will stand a chance. We’re lucky to have a keeper who’s been an undisputed No 1 at a club that’s been winning things. Let’s look after him a bit better

newenglandblue said:
From Adrian Durham - not always agree with him and I am worried about Hart's form, but as posted earlier think we need to back him right now

The search goes on for the goalkeeper who has never made a mistake. While Manuel Pellegrini was learning harsh lessons about centre-halves (Joleon Lescott needs a better one alongside him, and Javi Garcia isn’t one) Joe Hart took all the blame on his head and shoulders for Manchester City’s defeat at Cardiff.

Firstly Cardiff’s game plan was near-perfect, so credit them for that. They never buckled even when the visitors took the lead, and in Kim Bo-Kyung and Fraizer Campbell had the two standout performers on the pitch.
With the shambles in front of him still trying to work out the difference between zonal and man-marking, Hart’s confidence took a knock. He was doing the work of three men in that box.

After being publicly undermined, almost humiliated by his club manager last season, Hart needs to be cut some slack here.

If you think Ben Foster and Fraser Forster have never made a mistake, then you’ve not watched them closely enough.

Hart is still by some distance England’s best goalkeeper. If the others work harder, then maybe they will stand a chance. We’re lucky to have a keeper who’s been an undisputed No 1 at a club that’s been winning things. Let’s look after him a bit better

At last some more backing for our Joe!! Leave the lad alone, he has enough people getting at him without City fans buying into the hysteria. Joe is OUR keeper and he will be alright if only people would get off his case and support him. Whether I will be on my own or not I will be singing 'England, England's number one' on Saturday. I'm used to singing alone nowadays!! I was singing alone on Sunday: The boys in blue never give in and we fight to the end!!

(And it didn't rain!!)

newenglandblue said:

BOOM !!!

I would rate Hart as a decent keeper but not top international class. The fact that he may be the best English keeper is a total irrelevance to me so unless he can start to improve his game after a long period of stagnation we will have to look for an upgrade at some stage. For me that would be at the end of this season if he shows no significant improvement.

Eccles Blue said:
newenglandblue said:

At last some more backing for our Joe!! Leave the lad alone, he has enough people getting at him without City fans buying into the hysteria. Joe is OUR keeper and he will be alright if only people would get off his case and support him. Whether I will be on my own or not I will be singing 'England, England's number one' on Saturday. I'm used to singing alone nowadays!! I was singing alone on Sunday: The boys in blue never give in and we fight to the end!!

(And it didn't rain!!)

Go for it Eccles! I dont understand not singing at the game,when i used to go i would come away with no voice
I am sure joe will appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.